Author Topic: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress  (Read 18298 times)

Offline Karl

Re: OmniTech: Work-N-Progress
There is just something people like with that mech.

I am one who really digs the timberwolf... I think its appealing because it looks different to what the standard robot looks like, its not humanoid and I also think that part of its appeal is that it kicks so major ass. From my bias point of view it has to be the most damaging heavy mech in BT right? whats not to love? assault class weapons layout at heavy class prices!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
It's definitly true, the timber wolf is a "symbol" for the battletech universe, probably the most iconic one
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Wilmet

It gets better and better  :eek:

If I can be allowed to make one suggestion for another area of improvement, it would be to do with the customised colours you can use on your mechs and vehicles in the option menu. Currently there is a choice of 32 or so colours you can use, some of which are frankly nauseating (fluorescent pink?). Could it be possible to add some new choices in there? One mod that I know of for the DoW series of games added a ton of new colours simply by adding some in that were based on real life paints that tabletop modelers use. Obviously this isn't a mega priority, but it would be a nice touch ;)
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline Ma.Din

It gets better and better  :eek:

If I can be allowed to make one suggestion for another area of improvement, it would be to do with the customised colours you can use on your mechs and vehicles in the option menu. Currently there is a choice of 32 or so colours you can use, some of which are frankly nauseating (fluorescent pink?). Could it be possible to add some new choices in there? One mod that I know of for the DoW series of games added a ton of new colours simply by adding some in that were based on real life paints that tabletop modelers use. Obviously this isn't a mega priority, but it would be a nice touch ;)

That was all hard-coded, in the mod, after the fact and DoW has a *MUCH* more robust engine than MCO does. Trust me, I know. I used to be part of the Closer to Codex team. ;)

I wonder if they ever used the Techmarine I made.......
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Could it be possible to add some new choices in there?

As long we stuck with that texture system (and I will certainly dance if we find a better solution  :p) you can mix the colours yourself with RGB values, just hit the button "user defined" or whatever it's called :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Wilmet

As long we stuck with that texture system (and I will certainly dance if we find a better solution  :p) you can mix the colours yourself with RGB values, just hit the button "user defined" or whatever it's called :)

At the risk of sounding stupid, I don't think I've ever seen such a button in the options menu :eek2:
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Oh sorry, my mistake. This one exists only in the editor for the colour of the mechs you can place there. Sorry for confusion :) In that case, I even more agree with you, this one requires a really quick change  ;)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Phhhfff, when everyone shows something, I want too   :p

BTW, nice Mad Dog Karl, looking forward to my second most loved mech to get a form :)

Recently finished Comstar Supportbuilding:

Not fully done, will still receive some dirt updates.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline cowboy

I recommended MCO to the battletech forum on Something Awful, one of the largest general forums on the internet.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Thank you, though the name of that site is not really "encouraging" to continue our work :p
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Ma.Din

Pssh. I love something awful.....
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Offline Karl

Torso pretty close to being done

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Pssh. I love something awful.....

Even though I know it's a big community, and I think they usage have overrunned their old name (it's just not "something awful" anymore), I find the news headline not so good.

"And on our other news, Mechcommander Omnitech was mentioned on "Something awful"

So, everyone not familiar with that site will get a strange first impression  :lol:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

Offline Wilmet

That's coming along nicely, Karl  :nod:

Perhaps you should post a comparison picture with the old and new models side by side.

Offline Ole

Just started playing this mod, but it's really nice! Especially since I hadn't suspected that I'd ever find a mod to improve upon MC2 ... and now I've got one which makes it harder, more interesting, better looking (having a widecsreen resolution alone is worth gold!) and adds a ton of options and new campaigns :)

Great work, THANK YOU!

Offline Karl

That's coming along nicely, Karl  :nod:

Perhaps you should post a comparison picture with the old and new models side by side.

Sure I will knock something out tonight

Offline Karl

As requested (thought was not that night :P)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:44:51 am by Karl »

Then new models look 10 times better than the old ones in those pictures  :nod: