Author Topic: Repair Truck and Campain question  (Read 2634 times)

Repair Truck and Campain question
First I would like to say a BIG thank you to Magic and everyone else for the great job.

Yes I am a noobie so sorry for the "Stupid" questions.

To help you all understand where I am coming from: I am currently playing the Carver5 campain in MCO. I have made it to the mission to destroy the Liao palace (Baxters Gambit I think). Also I want to modify the Carver5 campain. Which l plan to rename CarverX.

First question is about the repair truck. Is there anyway to get a second one? I have read about recharging the repair truck. Is that functioning yet? How does that work? I am finding it hard to have enough Mechs in good shape after clearing the middle base area in order to take the palace out.

The second question is: How do I install/uninstall campains from MCO.

Offline cowboy

Re: Repair Truck and Campain question
First I would like to say a BIG thank you to Magic and everyone else for the great job.

Yes I am a noobie so sorry for the "Stupid" questions.

To help you all understand where I am coming from: I am currently playing the Carver5 campain in MCO. I have made it to the mission to destroy the Liao palace (Baxters Gambit I think). Also I want to modify the Carver5 campain. Which l plan to rename CarverX.

First question is about the repair truck. Is there anyway to get a second one? I have read about recharging the repair truck. Is that functioning yet?

NO, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE, AND SOMETIMES THE MISSION BUGS OUT AND DOESN'T LET YOU HAVE ONE. BY THAT I MEAN SOMETIMES YOU WILL REPLAY A MISSION AND FIND THAT THE TRUCK IS UNAVAILABLE. YES, YOU MUST USE THE CAPTURE COMMAND ON A RESOURCE BUILDING WITH A REPAIR TRUCK. COSTS 5000RP AND RECHARGES THE TRUCK.

How does that work? I am finding it hard to have enough Mechs in good shape after clearing the middle base area in order to take the palace out.

The second question is: How do I install/uninstall campains from MCO.

CLICK ON THE STICKY'ED LINK IN THIS FORUM WITH USER CAMPAIGNS. ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD THEM, IT'S PRETTY SELF-EXPLANATORY. REMEMBER TO INSTALL INTO THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF THE GAME. THAT IS, INSTALL TO C:\GAMES RATHER THAN C:\GAMES\MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

I tried to capture a resource building with an empty repair truck and it didn't let me. I got the same "no capture" icon that you get when an enemy is too close.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:40:51 pm by zigg72md »

Offline magic

When you capture a resource building or RPtruck, you get an number of RPs. This number is added to your RP pool. In order to recharge repair truck you must not spend all resource points. If the number for your RP in your RP pool is 0 then you cannot recharge. Also every RP bulding has a number of RP points, if you recharge from one captured RP building it will decrement the number of RPs used for recharging of the buildings RPs.

If the building RP points number is 0 you cant recharge from that building any more, or your RP pool number is 0 you cant recharge from any building nor RP truck because you spent all RPs. And you need RPs for recharging.

Ok I am willing to admit that I'm a little slow.

Could someone please explain in simple terms exactly how to recharge a repair truck from a full (uncaputured) resource building/truck. A truck doen't have enough RPs does it? How does that work, (Partial fill... takes 1k from pool???). Or does the recharge happen from the support tab??

I realized the one time I tried to capture RPs with a repair truck it was a resourse truck (uncaptured) not building does that matter?
F.Y.I. - I was playing an earlier mission in the Carvwer 5 campain on my other computer.

Offline cowboy

OK.

First, you must have RPs to do this, end of story. In order to recharge, you must capture a resource building with a mech first. You can only recharge from a resource building or hardened resource building, NOTHING ELSE. When it works successfully, the health bar, for lack of a better term, of the building goes down. If you have less than 5k or if the RESOURCE BUILDING or HARDENED RESOURCE BUILDING have less health than necessary for a full recharge, the vehicle will not be recharged fully. There is no other way to do this.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Cowboy. I was unaware of this feature before this thread so it's nice to know exactly how it works.

I don't know this is a bug or a fluke but I was able to recharge my repair truck on an uncaptured resource building.

It was the final mission of the Carver V campaign, I had captured most of the resource buildings and had a good surplus of resources. My repair truck was depleted so I sent it and 2 damaged mechs to the area near one of the last uncaptured resource buildings on the map. The Mechs stood nearby while the repair truck recharged on the resource building. This action recharged the repair tuck but did not capture the resource building. I don't remember for sure if my resource points were deducted for the recharge, but I believe they were; I wasn't sure anything at all had happened for a moment, but then saw that my repair truck could once again repair. I partially repaired the nearby Mechs once again depleting the repair truck. At this point I captured the resource building with one of mechs and then proceeded to refill the repair truck on the now captured resource building. I then fnished repairs on my Mechs and completed the mission.

I cannot say for sure that resources were deducted for each recharge but I'm pretty sure they were. One thing that suggests a bug is that sometime durring all of this an already captured resource building spawned in the middle of the Steiner Palace inside one of my mechs trapping it there. I had to force fire and destroy the resource building and those adjacent to it to free my mech.

Thank you all. I was able to recharge my repair truck.

Now that I am almost done with this campain. I want to try my modified version of the Carver 5 campain. So any advice on what files to move or not move would be appreciated
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:21:31 pm by zigg72md »