Author Topic: New vehicle type??  (Read 2995 times)

I would like everyones thoughts on a new type of vehicle. Imagine a 300-500 ton quadruped armored mech carrier. Here are some quick numbers:

300-500 ton vehicle capable of carrying 290-480 ton of mech(So a GVW of 590-980ton).

Legs would be at least 3-5 times longer then an average mech - Therefore able to ford deeper bodies of water or climb taller hills.

armour hundreds if not few thousand stronger then the average mech - therefore able to protect a beaten up mech and get it out
of harms way.

Limited weapons for its size. Say 2 gauss rifles and 2 Er PPCs only - more room for armour - its about carry and protect not force projection.

a variant with jump jets capable of going 2-4 times higher/farther then the average jump mech - imagine 1000 tons of metal raining down and popping out an Atlas or three.

Now would the preference be that this thing be on the support tab or should it come down on the drop ship, or its own drop ship.
And yes as I am sure some of you have figured out. This is my attempt to create a Star Wars AT-AT in/for this game.

No offense, but that's a completely crazy design.  I don't see any way it could work.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I believe quadrupedal mech designs wont work in MC2.
I could be wrong....

I was thinking less on the fact that its a quadruped and more on the fact that a 590 ton walker is simply ridiculous to consider, never mind the thousands of points of armor or absurd jumping rate.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Quads might be nice to see at some point
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Oh, certainly, quadruped 'Mechs would be a nice thing to see.  I just don't think 590 tons of quadruped 'Mech is a good idea. :ick:

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
yes, though a tough slow moving bullseye such as one of the mobile orbital guns seen in MCG could be an interesting thing to protect
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Zarax

Armed dropships would make a lot more sense imho.
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline cowboy

Armed dropships would make a lot more sense imho.

Which we already have.

Case closed. :)

Offline Zarax

If you're into super-heavy stuff you should plead our modelers to give you this:

150 tons of Canon Colossal Mech.
The Best is Yet to Come

The Omega?  Yes please.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Offline Zarax

Although canon purists would kill me for that, the last part of the campaign could be modified to include some WOB stuff... Let's say a certain colonel did not go crazy but rather decided to use the HPG blackout to swear allegiance to a rising power in exchange of advanced tech, what do you guys say?
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Karl

Actually I have planned to create this mech, it will come in at some stage