Author Topic: Do you have what it takes?  (Read 4164 times)

Do you have what it takes?
Hone your skills and figure out how skilled you are at the various aspects of Fs2.

How you ask? With this.

*Pulls link out of hat

www.freewebs.com/blitzerland/TrainingB.zip

Right click save to download! Good luck! Let me know how you do :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
hmmm .. I hope it is not just another exageratedly hard mission ...
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Of course not. Unless you play it on "Hard" or "Insane" mode. :p

Offline Fergus

Hmm. bit easy.  I would take off all the "D" weapons, add directives, didnt know when some sections done and I would definitly take off the Terran Mara.  Made it way too easy.

All personal opinions of course.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Giving food backwards = Feed back!
  • It wasn't Hard. It is better than any Derelict missions in this point of view. Actually, it beats Derelict in all aspects. Keep it up!
  • The debrieifng texts were witty.
  • The Maras were too powerful, they couldn't miss even once. Reduce their Ai level and increase the Ai level of the Astaroths.
  • Can we get some nebula background?
  • It is commendable that the cruisers did not have flaks and AAA beams. :yes: :yes:
  • It is a bit boring with Maxims or Prometheus S cannons, you only have to get within firing range, increase time compression to an unbelievable level and keep the fire button pressed.
  • I did not test the Ultimate challenge part, my Perseus was badly shot down to 18% hull by the jumping in Rakshasa while I had time compression at 8x, so I did not want to take chances.
  • Set the number of each available fighter in the Ship Selection screen to 1 instead of 5.
  • Give something more powerful as default. The Ulysses with Subach and Prom R is not the best choice. I think the Myrmidon with double Prom S two banks of Tempests and a bank of Tornadoes would be appropriate as default

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

The mission isn't supposed to be hard. I made it for myself awhile back so I could test out all the ships and such.

The whole purpose is just to hone your skills with any ship you'd like. If you want more of a challenge, use different weapons/ships.

Maybe I should have made that more clear :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A bug to report, unfortunately.

After completing the first part of the "Intercept" challenge, the second never started. Kinda weird, considering I got a "and now for the second part" message.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Fixed.

Offline Fergus

I am a tad critical at times, bad me, but with titles like Do you have what it takes? you kind of expect a mission that will challenge even the greates players/shove 5 Sathanas' at Alpha 1.

PS. And the swarm of fighters at the end was a bit of an anti-climax.

Swarm of fighters? You mean ultimate challenge? Didn't you fight the sentries? There is a chance you will be surronded by sentry guns :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I only get close enough to be in Tornado range with non-mobile targets, myself. Or Maxim range if it's got AAA beams.

A Feddie Story

Originally posted by ngtm1r
I only get close enough to be in Tornado range with non-mobile targets, myself. Or Maxim range if it's got AAA beams.

Good strategy, but don't waste Tornados on a cargo container. :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Two words: Support Ship

A Feddie Story

You can't call in support ships. The whole purpose of this is to see how long you can survive with the ship you chose, and your chosen loadout.

EDIT:

A cookie for whomsoever manages to win Heavy Assault on medium mode, flying a Thoth. ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:12:22 pm by 1278 »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You can't? *blinks* I could.

A Feddie Story

Originally posted by ngtm1r
You can't? *blinks* I could.

Never said I couldn't. Would have liked to see someone else try.

This guy is starting to annoy me...:hopping:

*Seeks comfort from cats

EDIT: I feel better now. :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:31:54 pm by 1278 »

Offline Fergus

You can call in the Support ship, and the fighters after sentry guns were laughable(oo cuting remarks here)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Why does the download link just open a new window for this thread?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
God wants it to happen this way. :D
Otherwise, no Idea. :blah:

Originally posted by Kosh
Why does the download link just open a new window for this thread?

Read my post. Right-click, select SAVE TARGET AS to download.