Author Topic: RELEASE: Into The Depths of Hell, Chapter 4  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
RELEASE: Into The Depths of Hell, Chapter 4
I'll be putting Chapter 1 back on the site this weekend.  Since I'll be on Christmas break soon, expect Chapters 2&3 to follow shortly after.
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

How is progress on chapter 5?

Missions after rescue 911, the mission has no debriefing and when I try to load up the next mission, it crashes.

I'll try to get the reason why, but any thoughts?

[EDIT]
virtual memory size, or installing more physical RAM.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\threepointsix\fs2_open\code\GlobalIncs\WinDebug.cpp
Line: 1474

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
------------------------------------------------------------------
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 09:27:09 pm by 2370 »

Offline Noise

The mission in question is suppose to be a red alert mission.  Technically you don't really need a briefing for those.   As for the crashing,  just try again and it should work.

And for all of those who are interested, chapter 1 has been put back on the site.
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Originally posted by Noise
The mission in question is suppose to be a red alert mission.  Technically you don't really need a briefing for those.   As for the crashing,  just try again and it should work.

And for all of those who are interested, chapter 1 has been put back on the site.

I'm not seeing ch. 1 on the site, downloads still only highlight Ch4 and its music.

Still getting the crash, BTW.

Offline Noise

Try starting the campaign over again.  Other than that the only thing I could possible image is that it might be system limitations.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I had something like that once with a different campaign. Have you tried making a new pilot file?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Kosh

Scratch that, I just ran into the same problem, and it was most certainly not out of memory. There appearently is a bug.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Noise

:confused: That's all I can say.  The missions in question are red alerts so that might have something to do with it.

Offline Kosh

You had a long string of red alerts earlier in the campaign and it only randomly CTD'd once or twice. :p

Brain I/O error

Offline Noise

Well, I just looked at the mission in question, and the only thing out of the ordinary is that I introduced a new Vasudan fighter, the Aoh from OTT.

Offline Kosh

Well something is causing the CTD.......

This pretty much seems to cripple the campaign for me since I cannot seem to get by it. That is most unfortunate because I was really liking it. :(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 02:42:06 am by 1313 »

Brain I/O error

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Strangely, I had the same problem. then suddenly it just all owrked and I finished the campaign...go figure...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Kosh

Maybe I should try it again tomorrow. Maybe it just wants a break. :D

Brain I/O error