Author Topic: Campaigns  (Read 77028 times)

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I'm making my website (not online yet), and I need informations about the campaigns in progress or already finished.
I need the following informations :
- Name of the campaign
- Logo (if any)
- Author(s)
- Number of missions
- Mods included (if any)
- Description of the campaign

All other more information is welcome   , and it's not an obligation for you to reply to this topic  

BTW: Please, not off-topic things...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 10:56:20 am by 29 »
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
-Name - Reciprocity
- no logo (yet)
- Authors - Me, plus the staff
- Missions - 30-40 ish
- Mods - 20-odd new ships, 6 new beam types, 5 new misisles, 4 new primaries, new interface art, new backgrounds & command animations, and a new species.
- Description - A fringe rebellion leads the GTVA towards a familiar foe - and a new enemy.Join the SOC taskforce as they investigate the uprising in Antares.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
you have the url, for my site, get all the infos there   ( use the banner as a logo if you want)
SCREW CANON!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
name-Into the Night
subtitle-The untold battles of Epsilon Pegasi
logo-(in progress)
Authors-Me and my entire staff, see ITN site in sig
Missions-36 Combat, 1 Training (kinda like STV Gauntlet)
MODs-20ish new ships, new missile bays (my favorite), new mission backgrounds
Discription-Takes you from the beginning of the Second Great War, to Capella and beyond.  As a new pilot assigned to the 158th Banshee Squadron, you will have a front row seat watching the constant struggles for peace in the Epsilon Pegasi system.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/  
Into the Night Campaign http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/itn/

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Thanks guys, but is there only 3 campaigns ? I don't think so...  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 10:56:41 am by 29 »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Here is another one:

Name: The Procyon Insurgency
Logo: I have one but do not have a place to upload it presently.
Author: myself only
Number of missions: 12
Mods: significantly modified tables for gameplay balance, six or seven ships, three new player weapons, CB images, some converted FS1 soundtracks, a couple of new sounds and ingame effects, 16 new background effects, three squads
Description (shortened): After over a year of political instability and economic depression, the regional governments of two populous systems, led by a charismatic demagogue, declare full independence from the GTVA. The GTVA reacts violently to this uprising and hostilities begin.

There will be a website put up sometime soon with a lot more information. (hopefully later this week) Not a very large campaign but the individual mission quality should make up for that.

Then there is also Dark Alliance, but I'll let Untouchable answer for that one.

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
There's soon another campaign coming but that's all i will tell
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
So, 5 Campaigns now...Where are the others ?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 10:57:02 am by 29 »

I need the following informations :
- Name of the campaign
Incidental Warfare: Beginning

- Logo (if any)

- Author(s)
Myself at the moment

- Number of missions
Unknown as of yet Possible 30-40

- Mods included (if any)
Still working on it

- Description of the campaign
Incidental Warfare is going to be not just one campaign but a series of them one after another with great quality mods and indepth missions and storyline, bringing character aspects into the game and hoping to take freespace beyond what it has been. The "Beginning" campaign is set just after cappella, and brings out some hidden secrets that the GTVA were holding back, its a short campaign but its going to be so that the stroyline gets set off. The site itself holds a continusly expanding database that the campaign uses. As well that is from both FS and FS2 sagas.

Regards
Jon Handby

------------------
Incidental Warfare
Cappella went nova, the GTVA stuggles to recover the NTF have broken up into two! And the shivans have a surprise in the bag!
No More Incidental Warfare...
I had to go away and help on something else - http://www.egosoft.com

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Name- The Great War
Logo- er, none yet, I really want one tho
Author-   olition, missions ported by me
# of missions: 30 + 12 Silent Threat
Mods- All FS1 ships and weapons. You know 'em, you love 'em.
Description- Freespace 1. 'Nuff said.

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project

[This message has been edited by GalacticEmperor (edited 02-12-2002).]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
7 campaigns ! I want more and more !!  

« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 10:57:35 am by 29 »

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Well i have 3 campaigns in the works, all of them with a common storyline that weaves between them. But, because telling info about NF and Echoes would give away some serious plot info of the first one, I'll just list info about that one.

Name: "Eden: Winds of Fate"
Logo: none yet
Authors: Myself, Fulgrymm, the guy who made the Pulsar Cannon, other MOD people, and whoever I can get on my FREDiting team.
# of missions: 16 or 17
MODs: Eden Project MOD package (not released yet), which will also cover MODs for NF and Echoes.
Description: You are Kyle Polk, a civilian in the GTVA who just bought an old Apollo. You decide to help defend convoys against pirates in Polaris.

Fortunately for the plot, something actually happens fairly quickly, but I don't want to give away what that is.  

What I will say, is that the plot of WoF has absolutely nothing to do with the Knossos, Sol, Admiral Bosch, Shivans, piracy, the HOL, or any NTF wannabe factions.

Much much much more info can be found if you click the link in my sig. Input is appreciated.  

------------------
Visited the Winds of Fate forum lately?
Project leader of the Eden Project, its MODs, and all three of the campaigns included in it.

[This message has been edited by Mad Bomber (edited 02-12-2002).]
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

Originally posted by Mad Bomber:
Description: You are Kyle Polk, a civilian in the GTVA who just bought an old Apollo. You decide to help defend convoys against pirates in Polaris.
[/B]

Yay! Apollo!

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

The Sword, The Hammer, and the Sun (SHaS)
Author: Me
# of missions: unknown
MODs:
#GTXDn Mars
#GTXF Morrigan
SDn Cernunnos
GTBC Titan
GTF Apollo Mk. II
GTF Athena DH
*GTF Athena
*GTF Apollo
*GTF Valkyrie
GTF Scyros
2 currently unnamed Shivan fighters/bombers
^SF Scorpion II
*=Not used in main campaign, only in bonus missions
^=Still awaiting permission
#=Created by Maeglamor

Description: GTVI R&D created the GTXF Morrigan, the only fighter capable of mounting the Thor beam cannon, but during the tests, the Shivans stole one of the prototypes. How they discovered the testing site is unknown, but this is only the beginning of a web of intrigue which will come to embroil the Vasudan branch of the GTVI, some of Khonsu II's highest advisers, and the upper echelons of the GTVN Admirality. Are YOU strong enough to wield both the sword and the hammer and face the light?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
alright, you want all the different ones im working on? you got it:

second campaign:

-name-Taskforce Panda
-logo-N/A
-authors-me and my staff (see under staff  http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/tfp/ )
-missions-24
-mods-20ish new ships, new missile, new mission backgrounds
-discription-An unstable jumpnode collapses, a taskforce stranded, 20000 light-years from home. No retreat, no reinforcements, and they're not alone. A mini campaign of 24 missions: travel to uncharted systems, meet interesting people, and blow them out of the sky. This spring, five covettes, three squadrons, and six cruisers will fight for their lives.

third campaign:

-name-Covert Operations
-logo-N/A
-authors-Me, myself, and...myself
-missions-24
-discription-Your unit is reassigned to Special Operations Command, or so you are told. You fly missions that make no sense, you're objectives collide with basic GTVA principles, you find yourself not knowing who you are serving. The GTI seems to be far darker than you ever thought, and you know you're in way over your head. A mini campaign of 24 missions, takes you to the dark side of the GTVA and back again. You must decide between orders and morals, between whats right and whats evil, and you will face an unthinkable decision...

fourth campaign:

-name-Renegade
-logo-N/A
-authors-Me, myself, and...myself
-missions-24
-discription-A rogue squadron, a terrible GTI secret, no one to turn to besides each other, can one squadron make the difference between peace and armageddon?

fifth campaign:

-name-Hope from the Past
-logo-N/A
-authors-Me, MjHarv
-missions-24
-mods-fs1 ships, new mission backgrounds
-discription-I can say only this: What will you do, when the past comes chasing you down?

------------------

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
- Name of the campaign: A Rock and a Hard Place (working title)
- Logo (if any): None as yet
- Author(s): Su-tehp (that's me!   )
- Number of missions: Unknown as yet
- Mods included (if any):
Following MODs by Aldo, Woomeister, Dark, Robin Varley, Psycho (and others):
GTCa Warlock
GTWc Gryphon
GTCv Phobos
GTCv Nike
GTF Vesuvius
GTF Claymore (Mk I)
GTF Valkyrie Mk II
GTF Stentor
GTB Peregrine
GTB Ajax (Aldo's original GTB Gagana)
SI Arachnas
SB Vindhyachal
SSJ Gigas (Beta version for now)
GTI Acheron
GTI Polaris (Drydock MOD)
Terran-skinned Knossos
My background MOD of the Solar planets

- Description of the campaign: It is 20 years after FS2 and a Terran Knossos has been constructed. As a result, contact with Earth has already been restored for 10 years. Earth, after its long isolation, has problems with being reassimilated into the GTVA and falls under a military dictatorship as a result. Most of the 1st Fleet (based at Earth) defects to this dictatorship, but a few units and ships (including Alpha 1) stay loyal to the GTVA and must conduct a fighting retreat to Delta Serpentis.

(The fighting retreat takes place over several missions which include: guarding a refugee transfer from vulnerable trnsports to a med ship; evacuating a nearly completed Hecate from a shipyard and destroying the shipyard afterwards to keep it and the other non-completed ships from falling into enemy hands; blockading the Terran Knossos to keep the rebels from entering Delta Serpentis.)

At the same time this is going on, an archeological dig in Deneb uncovers an Ancient node map revealing the original path of the Lucifer fleet in the First Great War at Ross 128. Alpha 1 is transferred to the taskforce that gets sent to explore this new route. The taskforce has two objectives: 1) Reconnoiter this new route and see if any Shivans are present, and 2) if the Shivan presence is too great, use Meson bombs to collapse any jump nodes leading to Shivan space.

The problem is that the rebels charge and capture Delta Serpentis shortly after the taskforce enters Ross 128, cutting them off from the GTVA...
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Skippy, what about all of the campaigns hosted right here at HLP? You're a staffer on MT and TAP. What about those, for example? Are you leaving them out cuz they're already hosted or are you going to include info on them too?

------------------
Valentine's Day = One More Reason You Hate Your Ex
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Are you creating a "campaign database" type thing which shows all of the campaigns? That would be very nice, since there are so many campaigns these days that it is hard to keep track of and to follow all of them.

With any luck, mine might be hosted sometime too.

Geez,

How do you guys get so much help?

I have been working on a campaign and the only staff member I have is Su-tehp.

Name of Campaign: Without Remorse
Author: Thorn, Su-tehp
Number of Missions: 15
MODS:  GTF-Phoenix
Description:
12 years after Capella and a massive civil war is going on with the New Terran Society.
The NTS is only a small problem compared to what may happen with the new Vasudan leadership.

The Vasudans had a big revolution and the new leaders are not too thrilled about Terrans.

Plus, the GTVA Terran side is working hard on a new Knossus that will be operational within the campaign.

Other:
Complete with wave files and a great storyline that involves you as Alpha 1 being ...

well, you will just have to find out  

There is a demo out and a new more descriptive demo is in the works.

I need a few more mission designers to help me polish the current missions and to help create 2 more new missions.

Thank you

------------------
UGC Council Member and co-founder.
Without Remorse
If you are not part of the future then get out of the way!
UGC Council Member and co-founder.
Without Remorse
If you are not part of the future then get out of the way!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
heh, 15 missions and 1 new ship eh? whens the release date? i just started TFP this month and ITN 3 months ago, ITN is almost ready and TFP will be done by The Ides of March.  I'll race you to the release date?  

------------------