Author Topic: Feer Me!!!  (Read 5284 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Behold my latest creation!
)
Now maybe this will convince the SCPers to fix the muzzleflash system (the muzzle flash fires at point of origin and all shots fired with that muzzleflash attached (ie other ships) causes it to go off

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Actually that looks quite good :yes:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 09:20:19 pm by 1932 »
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Slasher

The lack of muzzle flash for regular weapons in FS2 has always bugged me.  

Awesome screenie, Deepblue. :nod:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
look at that fps ... its worse than in EVE :p
I hate My signature!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Taking a screenshot lowers fps.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Does this look cool? I can't decide. Maybe if the muzzle flash was a little smaller and less in-your-face it would look better? Not that it matters if the code is broken. Nice work though anyhow.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
if the muzzleflash lit up the ship now that would be sweet. good work mr blue
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline redmenace

muzzle flash is a image right?
if so you might want to make it a 32 bit image. I am refering to the major banding going on there.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline redmenace

I like it though.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Muzzleflashes are animations and thus I get really crappy banding problems when I try to take a 32bit image, change it to 256 colors, and then put it through anibuild which kills any smoothness it may of once had.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It needs something like a much quicker version of a beam warmup glow, for each shot, since they can be in tga format and do start out small and grow to full size, then shrink back down and disapear,  we just need it faster.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Slasher

That's exactly what I was thinking!  Just a more rapid version of the beam effect would do nicely.  The way shots just pop up out of nowhere, sometimes even several meters from the actual barrel of a turret, could be improved upon.  I'm talking capships here.  Fighters don't have big turrets so it's less noticable.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
No offense, but I absolutely don't like it.

It looks like you used .. what... 8 colours on the muzzle flash glow?

Also, theres some rather nasty cutting edges on the shot itself, and some colour banding in the shot glow as well.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Lightspeed
No offense, but I absolutely don't like it.

It looks like you used .. what... 8 colours on the muzzle flash glow?

Also, theres some rather nasty cutting edges on the shot itself, and some colour banding in the shot glow as well.

Muzzleflashes are animations and thus I get really crappy banding problems when I try to take a 32bit image, change it to 256 colors, and then put it through anibuild which kills any smoothness it may of once had.

I'm sure it's being worked on.:p

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Anyone hear of optimized palettes?

Anyone hear of proper base images without cutting edges and according table entries?

:p
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I've abandoned working on it any further because the code it broke. I may try doing some for cap ships though, becuase as far as know, they work on turrets.