Author Topic: The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!  (Read 23703 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!
Well I'm close to finishing the campaign anyway. As soon as I do I'll take a look.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Yeah. It's probably because I nail Eris with four missiles from my thunderbolt. She only tends to get one 'fury.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Actually the reason will have IP kicking himself when he sees it. :)

The only way out of the mission is to form up with the EAS Hood after it arrives.

The Hood arrives when the area is considered secure.

The area is considered secure once you've killed all the enemy fighters including the ones released by the raider carrier after you disabled it.

Except that if you didn't disable it, it won't have launched the fighters, so the Hood won't appear and you'll sit there like a lemon waiting for the mission to end.

In similar fashion if you manage to destroy the Medusa before disabling it you'll get the same error.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 05:39:59 am by 340 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay. Finished the whole thing and I thought I'd point out the bugs I saw.

1) In the Epilogue mission I'm getting really low FPS (2FPS at one point). No idea why. I had nothing more than the odd little stop-start in the rest of the campaign. I'm using the T-20050702 so if you think it's a build specific problem I'm happy to try a different one. (I couldn't open the mission in FRED without it crashing so I've got no idea what you're doing in that).

2) In the Storm The Castle mission I was unable to jump out on completing the mission. The error is exactly the one given above (even down to the offending wing name). Copper wing only arrives 60 seconds after the Raider carrier appears. If you kill it quicker than that you can't complete the mission (And fortunately I was in exactly the right place when it appeared to kill it in under 60 seconds).

3) There are a few occasions where a line doesn't have any voice acting and a couple more where the voice is different from the text. In Preemptive Measures Pt II the command briefing actually plays the wav file for the mission briefing. There's another similar mistake in one of the messages in the first mission.

4) On the first mission the EAS Hood jumped in and promptly smacked into an asteroid :D Don't know what you can do about that though :)

5) In the final mission
Spoiler:
Is there any way to win apart from letting Eris live until she gets onto the raider carrier (so you can follow her) or simply waiting until there are only a few raiders left and then heading for the spot where you remembered it appearing?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Oh and one more thing (though not a bug) I noticed you've been using SEXPs Like this

When
-Condition 1
-When
--Condition 2

I've been meaning to do some research into that sort of style for a while. Any hints, tips and possible pitfalls are gladly recieved. I've already noticed that using them with when-argument gives me odd results (And the less said about every-time-argument the better).

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, I finally got the chance to load this up and found a few things.  For one, again there's still no rotation data for the first turret of the Primus and Secundus model table entries.  Second, I've noticed that some of the old comm heads have been removed.  Now, some were removed because there were multiple copies of the same file under different filenames, so I can understand that, although it may require some slight updates to older campaigns.  Unfortunately, b5-logo-stellarcom anis aren't included anymore.  There is the logo_EA, but its not the same effect.  I'd include the old file, under the new naming scheme, as capcomm_Generic.ani.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by DaBrain
BTW http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1194/yeahtbp1ph.gif

;7

In that case you should go to http://www.tbp-bt.com/ and look at value of "Traffic". :)

Then go to "Extra Stats" and see Keeper's uploaded amount, who is me. ;7

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Second, I've noticed that some of the old comm heads have been removed.

Odd.

b5-logo_stellarcoma.ani
b5-logo_stellarcomb.ani
b5-logo_stellarcomc.ani

Are in the vp on my system.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 05:35:00 am by 43 »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
*Smacks self across face with keyboard*
DAMN!  Forgot to check the hud directory.  The rest are in the interface directory.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
well, i just downloaded and installed base 3.2 and rw 2 (and its update).

i go to run the game, and of course it asks that i create the first pilot.  i type in the callsign and hit enter, and i get an error message that states it can not save the pilot file...check that i am not out of disk space.  weird - i have 13.4 GB free on this drive.

turns out the installer did not create the players folder in the data directory...and others that i have in my fs2 install are also not there.  i created the players and other folders that are inside of that in my fs2 install, and it works fine now.  is my installer weird, or was this missed for 3.2?  am i supposed to install over base 3.0??? (hope i did not miss that in the readme...).  thx.
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Your installer is just weird,  the installer worked fine with me.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 installers even attemps to create folders that does not contain any files. Including players folder. The folder should be created during first pilot creation.

There have been several reports of similar issues in the past, you can use search to look for those. Rather rare issue but nothing that cannot be solved.

Offline TIRex

Hallo
I have a Problem with that downloadlink zo fileplante
The only File that i get is a 15kb *.exe that can not be useed by my windows.
And on the fileplanethompage is only a update to a v1.1

when do they have the new Files os I can download them ther?

can you help me

( and please excuse me bad english)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No idea what's up with the file planet download. Most of us who have the mod probably used BitTorrent to get it anyway.

If you want to try BitTorrent go to this page for a list of clients (Azurus and BitTornado are probably the most popular ones) and download a client. Then simply download the .torrent files from the TBP download page (where you found the fileplanet links) and open them in the bitTorrent client you choose. The files will then download for you.

Or you can wait for someone official to come along and tell you if the fileplanet downloads work :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I can confirm that TBP-Base-3_2.exe, TBP-EMW-2_0.exe, TBP-RW-2_0.exe, B5-C-sp-RW01-2_01-update.exe and TBP-MP01-1.0.exe FilePlanet downloads are working.

15 kB downloads are most often results of interrupted file transfers. Either the transfer was interrupted on your or on the server's end. Try again using another server. If you use download managers or such, try without.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Heh..base 3.2 had quite big bug:

Game jumps out to windows in MP when it starts check missions:doubt:

Yup, same here. I'm creating a game, giving it's name' password etc. but when I accept (and the game is trying to load list of the multiplayer missions), it crashes to desktop. Do something with that... pleeease;)
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Try a newer fs2_open build. Be warned though, newer builds may have problems of their own, and not all RW 2.01 missions work on newer builds due to sexp changes.
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=97

Me and C914 have just tested the newest build from the link you poste. It works quite good, but the build looks to be a bit slower than the release one. C914 reported mouse slowdowns and we both had terribly long mission loading. Anyways, the multi is a lot of fun and nothing compares to five - minutes nervous chase around the B5 (and finally - geting crashed on it's huge hull :p ).

I created simple Babylon 5 doggy mission. Good to the duels, fits up to 12 players.
Dogfight around Babylon 5 Station
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline TIRex

Originally posted by Mr. Fury Try again using another server. If you use download managers or such, try without.

Thank you
now it is working