Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > StarShatter Open Source Project

Starshatter Downloads Page

<< < (3/21) > >>

Aurora Paradox:
I've run into a bit of trouble getting Starshatter to start up.  For the record, I followed the instructions in the opening post to the letter.  When I first attempted to launch the game it told me I was missing a DLL file.  Specifically, msvcr100.  I downloaded the missing DLL from dll-files.com and chucked it in the game directory.  This time when I attempted to start the game a new error message appeared.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the game generated an error log of any kind.  If someone can provide me with instructions on how to create one I will post it. 

I've attached an image of the error message I'm getting.   I hope that helps.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and it has the latest patches from Microsoft.  The graphics card is an NVIDIA Geforce 250 GTS.  The driver version is 296.10.  I know its not the latest version that was released this month.  I prefer to not update my video card drivers right after a new batch is released.  Just in case they missed any bugs.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Aurora Paradox

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

rscaper1070:
This has to do with a missing Visual C++ Redistributable package but I can't remember which one. In the original install guide at starshattermods I had a link that The E provided that fixed this issue. As soon as we figure it out I'll update the OP.

For right now here's the MS Answers Page.

Aurora Paradox:

--- Quote from: rscaper1070 on May 25, 2012, 10:33:11 pm ---This has to do with a missing Visual C++ Redistributable package but I can't remember which one. In the original install guide at starshattermods I had a link that The E provided that fixed this issue. As soon as we figure it out I'll update the OP.

For right now here's the MS Answers Page.

--- End quote ---

I download and installed Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Packager for (x64), Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64), and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64).  I also downloaded and installed the security updates that were available for them.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.  I'm still receiving the same error message as before. 

The E:

--- Quote from: Aurora Paradox on May 25, 2012, 10:14:51 pm ---I've run into a bit of trouble getting Starshatter to start up.  For the record, I followed the instructions in the opening post to the letter.  When I first attempted to launch the game it told me I was missing a DLL file.  Specifically, msvcr100.  I downloaded the missing DLL from dll-files.com and chucked it in the game directory.  This time when I attempted to start the game a new error message appeared.

--- End quote ---

Please forget that a site like dll-files.com even exists :P Those things do generally more harm than good.

As for the error posted, that one generally hints at a corrupted registry. I generally do not like to advise it, but using one of the registry cleaning programs available may be able to help here.

starlord:
rscaper, out of curiosity, are also the modfiles like the solcom and guardian mods preserved or still accessible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version