Author Topic: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.21  (Read 19116 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.21
A Cain goes down with a dual Helios shot...as the Second Great War Part II taught me so vividly. :p

it was an special cain... I remember that one too... and you might also remember targeting the Lilith and getting dissapointed about not killing it on the second (dual) round of helios.
el hombre vicio...

Just started it. Love the pure scientificness of the Shivans :)
But... why does Alpha 2 call the heavy cruiser a LILITH(!!!!  :hopping: :hopping: :hopping:) in mission 3?

isn't the Lilith is the heaviest cruiser class of the shivans?

BOOO! They call it "Heavy Cruiser", not LILITH!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:

By the way, too bad that there is no more than 4 missions, but I found 1 more error :p:
TB Thor????? How on Earth the Shivans would know about the old Viking god???

And what is the reason for the Tech missions? The Titan one, the BoE and the cutscene? Do they have a connection to the storyline? When will more missions come?

The techroom missions are mostly for showing off parts of the mod and letting people play with all the different weapons. The cutscene is a teaser for the campaign I'm making for this mod. The existing campaign is one ported to this mod from another. Feel free to make your own missions and campaigns for this mod and send them in. I'll probably end up compiling a pack with people's missions/campaigns for inclusion in the next release.

Wow, I really like what you did with the tech room. The Shivan history is very very interesting. Great job.

Perhaps I make a mission one day  :warp:
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Have downloaded,will let you know what I think. Sounds VERY Promising though!  ;7

edit:  :jaw: it's amazing! haven't finished, but what i've played is awesome!

-now if only we could get a shivified warp effect that matches the 3.6.10 mediavps. that would be amazing!

5 stars.

one minor complaint: they refer to the ships as what kind of ship they are, not the actual ship class name.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:53:36 pm by maelstrom0511 »

Have downloaded,will let you know what I think. Sounds VERY Promising though!  ;7

edit:  :jaw: it's amazing! haven't finished, but what i've played is awesome!

-now if only we could get a shivified warp effect that matches the 3.6.10 mediavps. that would be amazing!

5 stars.

one minor complaint: they refer to the ships as what kind of ship they are, not the actual ship class name.

Firstly, I'm not too sure having a shivan specific warp effect is such a great idea, given the canon usage of the blue warp effects for shivan ships in the main FS2 campaign. Plus, you know, it's more work for me. :P

Secondly, I haven't been able to figure out a good, realistic naming system for ships. Names in the main FS2 campaign are essentially Terran nicknames for shivan ships. Anything that was actually in shivan would be nigh impossible to pronounce as well as keep track of during briefings and missions ("Wait, did <alien name> refer to the cruiser or the destroyer?").

Suggestions are welcome, as long as they make sense. If I like your idea, you'll get a mention in the credits. :)

ok, i understand. I just wanted the warp to replicate the FreeSpace ref bible's warp effect for the Lucifer. I also understand the situation with the names... i'll see if i can think of any. i doubt it though...

One thing i've noticed: it's kinda laggy when compared to other mods. Otherwise, it's really good.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
ok, i understand. I just wanted the warp to replicate the FreeSpace ref bible's warp effect for the Lucifer. I also understand the situation with the names... i'll see if i can think of any. i doubt it though...

One thing i've noticed: it's kinda laggy when compared to other mods. Otherwise, it's really good.

That's really dependent on your system specs... it's all part of the fun :)

The eyecandy in the advanced pack also tends to kill framerates. :P

You should've seen v0.2, where many of the animations in the advanced pack were still tgas... ditto with the interface...

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Any progress? v. 1, perhaps? :)
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Mostly been mucking around with music and tbl tweaking. New ships/weapons have been added. More new weapons are planned.

No, most of the new weapons aren't on your side. :P

I'd say the problem with throwing new ships weapons in the game is making everything balanced, yet believable.

That's really dependent on your system specs... it's all part of the fun :)

Good point... hmmm :)

Edit: I found a glitch: on the second mission, in the nebula, I can't move or shoot, and my HUD appears in the lower right side of my screen. I deleted the advanced VP file, but it did not fix the glitch. (if fixed lag though :) ) How do I fix this???
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:47:14 pm by maelstrom0511 »

This seems to be a bug in a converted campaign. (note that I don't actually have a proper campaign in there, just a teaser cutscene mission for one). You have to start the campaign using a new pilot.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Dude, you SHOULD have been doing that anyway.

Thing is, I haven't seen it act like this for other mods.

Have you tried out the single player missions in the tech room? I actually made those. :P

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I have, I see :P

This seems to be a bug in a converted campaign. (note that I don't actually have a proper campaign in there, just a teaser cutscene mission for one). You have to start the campaign using a new pilot.

Dude, I did. Same result.

What FSO build are you using?

well, it was 3.6.9, now it's 3.6.10 RC2. It did it on both though, I think. Let me check.

Edit: Only works on 3.6.10, but it has that glitch in that mission. And I can't skip it!  :(

Played several single missions today... excellent work! :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:53:52 am by maelstrom0511 »

I have a wierd problem. The game is ultra fast it's as if the time compression is 4x. Now from what I can tell the game is set to 1x so it shouldn't be this fast. I love the mod but I can hardly stay alive for more then 10 secs in the first mission due to a ship warping out. Anybody else having this problem?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hmmmmmmmm, that sounds weird. Is it actually 4 times faster or is the action just fast. Are your system specs a little aged? If so the choppiness of the frame-rate may come across speeding up gameplay to some extent because of the missing frames.