Author Topic: [RELEASE] GVCv Pnepheros  (Read 11421 times)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
[RELEASE] GVCv Pnepheros
Since Nyc's got his hands full at the moment, he's tasked me with releasing a little something curtesy of his shipyards.  :cool:

Originally released several years back in the Unborn Legacy model dump, the GVCv Pnepheros has gotten just a bit of TLC. See for yourself!

The Pnepheros is the successor to the venerable Sobek. Sporting a heavy spinal beam cannon and two slashing turrets, she also comes armed with multiple fusion mortar launchers and a heavy array of anti-fighter beams and turrets. The Pnepheros is also fitted with a fighterbay, making her a deadly combatant. Built for Nostos R2, she serves as a counterpart to the Terran Phobos-class corvette.

Well what are you waiting for? DL it and go blow up some Shivans with it, or Terrans, or even blow it up yourself! Pretty ships have pretty explosions, after all!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: [RELEASE] GVCv Pnepheros
Very nice!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I confirm this release happens with my approval and actually per my request. Colt helped with testing this one.

I completed and dumped the mesh a year or two ago, but now when two projects I'm closely associated with expressed demand, this mandates completion. No reason to not share.

Now I am the only person in the universe who completed 2 HQ zod corvettes o___O

Have fun. Keep in mind that she's 2024-quality asset, so a corvette-sized ship with a polycount approaching 300k tris, and 3 sets of 8192^4096 textures. Use at your descretion.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
What are differences to the version found in the Unborn Legacy model dump?

Memories of the Great War uses a down-turreted version for the model for the PVCv Kauket-class and specifically for the HLCv Reverie, one of the important HoL-subfaction command ships.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 05:52:03 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Changes from the original can be seen here: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/PVCv_Pnepheros

:jaw: Good model already, but damn this is an upgrade! It looks like a proper "Sobek mk. 2" now. Definitely want to use this in a campaign alongside your glorious, glorious Nehebkau and the few good Zod cruisers we have. :nod:

God, I'm so glad to see this thing completed :)

The Pnepheros was always one of my fav Zod models, and, along with the Nehebkau the kind of design that makes me think "if :v-old: had ever made FS3, they'd surely include a ship that looks like that"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's zod so I don't like it.

But it's gorgeous and cool so I do like it.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
What are differences to the version found in the Unborn Legacy model dump?

Memories of the Great War uses a down-turreted version for the model for the PVCv Kauket-class and specifically for the HLCv Reverie, one of the important HoL-subfaction command ships.
Effectively none. Turrets have different names because I like how Talhydras and ETP rename turrets of ships for Warmachine, but aside that, everything is pretty much identical.

Delete couple turrets and ye have HQ replacement ready to go.

Edit: This one cannot be edited in PCS2 unfortunately, and delete option is not yet available in POF-Tools... but believe me, I'm bugging Asteroth to handle it as fast as he can :P
:jaw: Good model already, but damn this is an upgrade! It looks like a proper "Sobek mk. 2" now. Definitely want to use this in a campaign alongside your glorious, glorious Nehebkau and the few good Zod cruisers we have. :nod:
Glad to see it liked :]. Another reason that mandated completion. We have several awesome zod cruisers, but only Nehebkau and Udjat are available as modern quality zod capships. I definitely lack time to finish NuPharaoh, but I still want to fill niches :].
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 01:38:42 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Edit: This one cannot be edited in PCS2 unfortunately, and delete option is not yet available in POF-Tools... but believe me, I'm bugging Asteroth to handle it as fast as he can :P

To get rid of something in Pof Tools
-click on the subsystem/subobject
-Go to parent
-Change it from "Detail0" to none