Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121506 times)

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
Shouldn't the elevators extend all the way down?
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hmmm...the cell block could be improved..we need guard smileys.

My big ship bay is out of proportion..I know how to fix that tough :D
I'll allso turn that Derek Smart assualt thing itno a training holodeck..and ad that cocek machine and stuff.

More ideas:

Neo Terra Victorius forums - a run dow, spider-web infested forums with n00b zombies pooring out

HLP Barracks - with HLP troops training around

HLP admin lounge - room with admins. We should place a few there.

HLP SCP central (not just that one door, but a larger room) - room full of computers and wizzards casting spells (with binary code effects) all over.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
What should I add into this one?

and let's not forget this corridor either:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Damn, the floor-layout on the lower levels has gone to s***, and what the heck is going on with those elevator shafts! And for some reason, the Installation appears to be existing in two different regions of space at the same time...  :nervous:

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It does look that way.

I don't suppose you guys would concede to electing one person whos job it is is to arrange everyone elses modules that they create? That way people can request where things go but the final say is made by the person who puts it all together. It also avoids all the messy screwing up of locations by people who decide to change things.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
See, this is why I said **** had to join onto existing structures. To stop people going "OMG! I could make a 10-story guest hotel 900pixels from everything else!!!!"

But they've just took it as "Well, those two pixels touch..."

I think we need a nice, big, fuzzy general layout detailing administrative, technical, scientific, utility, housing, docking/repair and food areas. So similar **** is in roughly the same area. With allowances for things like the Imperial Chamber being near the piracy and whatnot.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the chaos aproach does have its apeal though. i doubt the sa guys had any rules. just fill out this puppy and then we can expand it a little.

--or--

we set up a table in good old html with various sized cells (your standard 200x50 your 200x30 vent ducts, your whatever resolution elevator shafts, plus larger pices for figterbays and such. and each unused cell would have a litttle load image button, then a little load image popup. if the image resolution matches the one specified for the cell, it gets loaded, elce it calls you a moron and tells you to resize your image. it would be cool. it would upload it to the same webspace, so you dont need to have image space on the net to contribute. there are of course a few technical chalenges.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I just put the brig at the junky basement place.  I don't think we need another docking bay, seeing as we already have a giant one.  I didn't make more elevators because I don't know the font for the numbers.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
we need a "khonsu's fish n' chips" :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

*cough* Hallfight Reborn

Sorry, that this picture isn't in the standard format.

OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I think we need a nice, big, fuzzy general layout detailing administrative, technical, scientific, utility, housing, docking/repair and food areas. So similar **** is in roughly the same area. With allowances for things like the Imperial Chamber being near the piracy and whatnot.
I'm inclined to agree with this on the simple basis that this is essentially a design of "HLP". It's not exactly the canon deck layout for some Wing Commander ship blueprint but it should follow some resemblence of sanity. Command control at the top, hanger bays next to space, elevators and access points connecting all rooms somehow.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Or better yet: Keep everything in limbo till we've got some official HLP facilities. Put the official stuff (admin rooms, weapons storage, central power generator, etc) into a proper layout and fit everything else in around them.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
What we need is a prision.
Surely you mean a PEPSI PRISON.

(umm, in case that hasn't been mentioned already. I just skipped to the last page of this thread)
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
We need a game room:

The poor X360 got shot up (literally)

Edit: WTF HAPPENED TO THE IMAGE?  THERE'S A HUGE GRAY THING!!!

AAAAHHH!!! THE GRAY THING!!
We're all gonna DIE!  :shaking:
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Since I'm a fvery good guy I fixed the prision bit:

And I allso fixed hte Large ship bay...it was way too small, so I fixed to look like it's far away:

Allso, I'm still improving the Derek Smart thing...gona turn into a real holodeck:
http://dj.rogueserv.com/TRASHMAN/Pics/NewDS.png

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
- barracks
- Admin room
- heavy armor bay
- mecha bay

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:35:22 pm by TrashMan »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And last but by no means least, some of hte HLP members:

You should know how to depict me. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I wouldn't happen to be the centre bottom one would I? ;)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Frankly, I myself aren't sure anymore..

At first I wanted to make smileys according to Turnsky's drawings, but I wasn't on-line at the time and I only remembered vaguealy.

So I did the Grammar Inquisition(Goob), the Gattling lover(forgot..I think it was Nico), the HLP hammer of Justice (Shrike methinks), the Fox (Turnsky).

then I remebered Turnsky drawing two staffers, one as a matrix kinda guy and another as a elven swodsamn..so I added those too.
I'm the one in the top right in case you're wondering..

I can do otehrs too if you'd care to describe other individuals...or yourself.

EDIT: If you look at the prision cells, you'd notice some rather famous individuals from moveis and games. Care to name them all? :D

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
For reasons best not mentioned, I assumed the furry one was Raa....