Author Topic: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light  (Read 74895 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light
Those might be included in mv_models.  Shame that isn't in the campaign description.

Offline neoterran

Ah, okay, i finally fixed it by dropping Lightspeeds weapon effects, sans the ships and weapons table files, into the data/effects and data/models directories. I know this is the same as the weaponspack.vp talked about earlier, but I kind of glossed over that.  :D :sigh:

I was too lazy to make a vp too ;0P  ;)

Man. I knew I should have read the thread. I've gotten almost every mod that wouldn't work to work with the SCP over the last few days. I can't imagine where a newbie would start, I think we really need to do a better job of creating a how to document that explains how the vps and the data folders work and how to run everything as a mod with multiple pilots because I've spent probably 30 hours setting up and configuring the SCP to work optimally.

I can't imagine most people will do that. Maybe I'll get to work writing a how to at some point.  :doubt:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 03:00:11 pm by neoterran »
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Kernal

I have a problem I ran into when playing this campaign. I posted at the freespace conversion forum but, nobody seems to know what my problem is.  :(
Heres the link. Help is appreciated.    
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39349.0.html
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Well, just a post to say I've played STL Origins (mission 2 and from 4 till end) with FS Port 3.0.3 WITHOUT any trouble.

OTOH, STL comes with its own set of *.tbl and FS Port 3.0.3 doesn't have any *.tbm to modify them. So, although I'm no expert at all, I can't see any reason to make them incompatible if bitmaps, models and every other component have kept their old names in this newest Port version. (And even game balance should be exactly the same because Port tables aren't used).

If someone has any trouble with STL and Port 3.0.3, I can try to run the problematic mission to see what happens in my PC. But AFAIK there should only be some trouble with the removed SEXP, and this is a conflict with newest FS_Open.exe builds, not with Port.

Well I nearly forgot: I've used latest Redmenace builds (or sometimes latest CVS own-compiled builds) with media vps 3.6.8. delta with some updates and minor patches (new DIS and Fenris ...). If you have some kind of trouble I first recommend to update to this latest versions of exes and vps as they're pretty stable (nearly always).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 05:22:56 am by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I am having trobuble with the missions Investment where they are trying to get a spy into the Hemmer of Light...

The mission itself runs good however for some reason I get a disruptor canon instead of the Avenger canon it says in the brefing and since I cand change my loadout I am stuck with 15 Interceptor missiles and thats it  :( :(

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I have just tried this mission in simulator with FSOpen 3.0.3 and:

+ This is the mission with the ai-chase-any-except SEXP that is no longer supported by FSOpen (at least till Goober fixes it) although I remember that I passed this mission without more problems (after closing the error window).

+ I do get avenger an 10 interceptors (not 15) as briefing says. The mission works fine for me

So check that you have:
+ Media vp 3.6.8. delta and all its fixes
+ One recent build
+ Mod.ini in your STL folder pointing to FSPort 3 and LightSpeed Nebulae (Example SecondryList = ,LSNebulae,FSPort3;)
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I have just tried this mission in simulator with FSOpen 3.0.3 and:

+ This is the mission with the ai-chase-any-except SEXP that is no longer supported by FSOpen (at least till Goober fixes it) although I remember that I passed this mission without more problems (after closing the error window).

+ I do get avenger an 10 interceptors (not 15) as briefing says. The mission works fine for me

So check that you have:
+ Media vp 3.6.8. delta and all its fixes
+ One recent build
+ Mod.ini in your STL folder pointing to FSPort 3 and LightSpeed Nebulae (Example SecondryList = ,LSNebulae,FSPort3;)

Will do  :D :D
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

I'm getting an error with running shrouding the light as a mod asking about the new_hornet.pof file missing. I'm using it with Freespace port 3.03, because I can't find the earlier version. I've tried it with both the 2.3 and 3.03 versions, both with and without mediavps. Same Issue. Maybe this is just a bad weapons.tbl entry?

I also get this error with both 2.3 and 3.03, is there a fix for this?

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I'm getting an error with running shrouding the light as a mod asking about the new_hornet.pof file missing. I'm using it with Freespace port 3.03, because I can't find the earlier version. I've tried it with both the 2.3 and 3.03 versions, both with and without mediavps. Same Issue. Maybe this is just a bad weapons.tbl entry?

I also get this error with both 2.3 and 3.03, is there a fix for this?

You need the weapons pack. Check first post.

BUT you will have to build a vp or unzip the files in their correct STL\Data folders. AND be careful to delete the tables so they don't override the STL ones. So:

1. Make a new MOD folder for weapons effects and make STL use it through SecondryList in Mod.ini

Or

2. Make a vp inside STL Folder for them with a name after STLxxx (WeaponsPack.vp would be fine but Addition.vp would be wrong).

Or

3. Unzip in STL\Data\Effects and Models BUT do not use tbm files.

PM me if you want my 'WeaponsPack.vp'

OK cool, Ive gotten it to work, but after the first cutscene, the first mission, im supposed to be flyin in a Vasudan fighter, but I end up in a Ulysses fighter with no weapons whatsoever, pretty much the same problem described here

Right. I've just reinstalled Shrouding The Light and the FS1Port 3.03 to see what's going on. The first mission after the cutscene places you in the cockpit of an Anubis not the Ulysses. So if you're getting the wrong fighter that means that for some reason FS2 isn't finding a table file which contains the Anubis. I'm at a loss to explain how that could be happening though. The Shrouding the Light VP contains just such a folder.

That said you appear to have two Shrouding the Light VPs neither of which match the filesize of the one I have. I'll have to check if I have the most recent version.

EDIT : Ah. I have an old version from before the voice acting. :) Updated to the latest version on Blaise's site.

EDIT 2 : Nope. Works with the new VPs. I can only suggest restarting the campaign with a new pilot and seeing if that is any different.

Oh nevermind, I fixed it, it seems I forgot to take out the tbl files grom the WeaponsPack.vp. Thats what was causing the aforementioned problem.

Anyway Im off to play STL, Yippie!!!

Just great! i finally got it to work and now I get this:

Error: Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( clear-goals "Alpha" )
   ( protect-ship "Liskin" )
   ( add-goal
      "Alpha"
      ( ai-chase-any-except 89 "Liskin" )
   )
)
(Error appears to be: ai-chase-any-except)
File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.pre\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5664
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going on?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I think that particular ai goal was removed.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

What does that mean?

Shoud I just try different builds or something?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Yeah try 3.68 or 3.67 :D
if it works that groovy...........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
If you accept the error, you can play and pass the mission. (At least that was what I did IIRC).

(This issue has been covered before in this same thread and I even opened a Mantis bug. Please try searching and checking before posting. HLP and SCP crew get mad with people posting again and again the same issues. Nevertheless, all of us sometimes do this little sin, and of course myself too  :D)

U're right but only when I use 9th may build, i press ok and then continue with the mission, but with the more later builds like the Y-target fix and RC2/3 it crashes completly

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
U're right but only when I use 9th may build, i press ok and then continue with the mission, but with the more later builds like the Y-target fix and RC2/3 it crashes completly

I have just played and finished that mission in mission simulator with 3.6.9-RC3, FS Port 3.0.3 and vp 3.6.8. zeta (with Taylor's alpha-channel fixes). Just after pressing OK, the game seems to hang but at least for me, it's just loadind the mission without showing the progress screen. When the mission is fully loaded you recover normal FS2 screen and there's only a little issue with a fake Windows mouse pointer chasing the FS2 mouse pointer.

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
I get this error when I try to play the campaign.

Error: Can't open model file <New_Hornet.pof>
File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.rc3\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1829
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    fs2_open_r.exe 004f2400()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004ec9b9()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040c247()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00402153()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00402206()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00402323()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00408c62()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004fea86()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00407be5()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004fed79()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a385()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a4c0()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0070d0d9()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

I have everything I need installed in the folder "ShroudingTheLight".

-J.P.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Unfortunately, the Shrouding the Light website doesn't tell you everything you need.  You'll need a few extra model files.  I think they're in the media vps.