Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308218 times)

Re: What are you working on?
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!
Here is another WIP to feast upon and critic if you feel like it.

Warship(View in 3D)

Ignore the names by the way, they are all coded to refer to a sketch sheet of mine, they are not final at all.

This is my biggest baby so far (Size wise) It is supposed to have "mobile space station" vibes.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It reminds me of some freighter or carrier designs I've seen.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I always hoped that somebody would do some sort of mobile installation, even though this one does indeed more look like a heavy carrier.

I mean, you can always strap the colossus' engines onto an Arcadia and call it a day...

Hold up, I have a sketch of a gta space station that has no purpose. I can redesign one side and see what happens.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It reminds me of some freighter or carrier designs I've seen.

The Reliant from Starlancer
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

I mean, you can always strap the colossus' engines onto an Arcadia and call it a day...

Hold up, I have a sketch of a gta space station that has no purpose. I can redesign one side and see what happens.

I just felt that having your industrial base lost when the Shivans take over a system is a bad thing, so having a mobile military/or industrial station would be a way to cope with that. I didn't had anything more than the concept in mind though.

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models
Finally the Invisible became visible!
I hope everybody is OK, just wanted to show You, what i am working on:

If You are ready to load about 120k polygons and a 4096x4096 texture into Your browser, click on the image! :)

I also retextured the Munificent, now it looks much better. It got AOmap and DIFFmap and reUVd the whole thing. I also got rid of its brownish color, now it is dark grey as the other CIS ships. The mesh is the same as it was before.

If anyone has some freetime, feel free to join this project :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:49:59 am by LionSGI »
My models: Slave One EP2 , C-70 , C-70 red , Radiant VII , Munificent , Recusant , Providence
If You would like to join this project (Clone Wars mod for FreeSpace2Open), then do not hesitate to contact me; ANY help is welcome

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Alas, I see no image upon which to click.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models
Alas, I see no image upon which to click.

i had some problems with linking (my bad, i was too n00b :D ) These should be fixed now. If You still do not see the images here is the link:

http://www.lionsgi.com/

My models: Slave One EP2 , C-70 , C-70 red , Radiant VII , Munificent , Recusant , Providence
If You would like to join this project (Clone Wars mod for FreeSpace2Open), then do not hesitate to contact me; ANY help is welcome

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That site is darn tootin.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models

Firespray-31 retexture:

If anyone has some freetime, feel free to join this project :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nice work.  I took a look through your previous posts and you have posted some really good looking models. :yes:

Offline Deora11

So, I know this topic hasn't been posted in for quite a while, and it saddens me as I used to enjoy seeing what people were tinkering with, even if it isn't FS2 related. I understand that life moves on, and a lot of people who may have been on here frequently have probably moved on to other things and different paths in life. For me, my first ever mod I created for a game, and first ever one that's actually worked ingame was on the freespace 2 engine. This was around 6 years ago and I was really proud of that accomplishment. Back in those days, my modelling skills were non-existent, and over the years I've been doing projects here and there to slowly build my skills up.

Many of you may have seen a few project here and there of mine, though I haven't actually released anything. 1 in particular would be my WIP Viper mk3 from BSG that I started over 4 years ago. Well, I've since found it hiding out back somewhere, and after kicking up the old 2003 xbox game, decided I'd have a go at building some cool models, inspired by both the game, TOS and RDM universes. I know deadlock came out, but doesn't hurt to be creative. Keep in mind, the Mk3 I have took roughly 12 months of on and off modelling to get it where it is atm, however, the Viper Mk1/B and Raiders took roughly 12 hours to get to where they are now. Note, I've been switching between all 4 of them.

3d modelling is a hobby I do in my down time (which there is a limited time of), and I always enjoy building things and learning new skills. It's not something I'll give up on soon, and I hope one day I can actually give people content that they'd enjoy, and hope to spark interest for others, like so many have done for me.

Though this topic may be dead, it'll never be forgotten. If anyone out there just has something neat they wanna show, or maybe have some advice or input, please, throw it up. I'll always been keen to see what you guys are working on.

I hear ya about not much posting going on. I too have been mostly busy creating Star Wars models and have done an Advance Long Range TIE Interceptor, a New X-Wing, a new Corellian Light freighter, Corellian Tactical Cruiser and so on. I have also been learning 3d Coat much more than I ever have and have created some renders with it. I have posted my work on Facebook Star Wars and Star Wars Modeling groups as a result. :)
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.