Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308288 times)

Offline Deora11

Re: What are you working on?
Been working on a little BSG project for a week now. After watching Blood and Chrome I thought I'd take a stab at the Viper Mk III. I think its going well considering its my first real attempt at modelling in Blender.

Still much to do, such as the exposed piping for the engines and nose, as well as the undercarriage, wings and guns (the wings are currently placeholders from a MK2...... everything else is fresh), and many other details.

And of course no Viper is worthy without a cockpit, so I gave that a shot too.

Kinda hard getting the Cockpit to look right, for the simple fact all I have to run with are screenshots I took from the film.  Still got a lot more switches and gauges to add, plus the chair, joystick, side panels and a few other things too.

Just a fun little project of happiness.   :D

Eyyyy, this is a cool stuff ur's building here sir! 

I wish I could play some new Diaspora :D

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Finally got around to modeling the Chronos' concept art. Meant to do it for years but decided to start on it today. Good progress on the mesh so far I think. :)

That's what I was aiming for back when I made the Ulmo
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

First time posting, first time attempting to make something in Blender. Credit to ssmit132 for telling me how to extrude circles, and a friend of mine for giving it a lick of paint (I don't know how to make textures to save my life).

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Massive congrats on getting a model in game! Lots of people can do one or two steps, but more often than not, people tend to fall over along the way. So props!

A bit hard to tell the details of the model from these shots, could you post a render with more light? Or upload the mesh to http://p3d.in
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Massive congrats on getting a model in game! Lots of people can do one or two steps, but more often than not, people tend to fall over along the way. So props!

Thank you very much. I found the hardest bit was by far texturing (hence why I asked a friend to whack something together for me); I tried mucking around in GIMP (which is how I coloured the missile trails and beams/beamglows), but I couldn't make an actual ship texture. I found UVing more an exercise in "How much spare time do you have" rather then something difficult; the actual model itself was much more difficult in the more traditional sense.

A bit hard to tell the details of the model from these shots, could you post a render with more light? Or upload the mesh to http://p3d.in

I'm not sure how that website works nor if the mesh would be suitable for it (there's quite a few non-manifold bits especially on the bottom, but it looks and runs fine otherwise), so i elected to upload a few more screenshots. I had Spidey's defaults on during those screenshots, my apologies.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Wow, someone dug out the Olemus. It's so ancient... But still cool. Especially with it's Sathanas-like power in form on four spinal beams. Did you remodelled the main hull part, ot just added few polys to engines? It's hard to recognize cuz' of textures, but it look like pretty decent update to mid-poly standard.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:43:34 am by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Wow, someone dug out the Olemus. It's so ancient... But still cool. Especially with it's Sathanas-like power in form on four spinal beams.

That's exactly where I was going with it.

Did you remodelled the main hull part, ot just added few polys to engines? It's hard to recognize cuz' of textures, but it look like pretty decent update to mid-poly standard.

I remodelled it from scratch, but i'm not very happy with it. For all intents and purposes it's finished on the model/pof side and it just needs (another) lick of paint. LOD0 came out to 50k polys total, but i'm not sure if that means anything.

I wanted to keep the design really smooth and minimalistic totally not because I have trouble with detailing and greebling because that's what stood out the most about the original Olemus to me. Terran ships were traditionally big and blocky; the Olemus on the other hand was generally curvy. Sort of like a giant potato.

I'm slowly having a crack at my second model. When or if I get any better, i'd like to revisit this model, as the Olemus was one of my favourite ships from R1.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
...and...

This one is ORC Amalthea, a replacement for recolored Fenris from SF-Junky's project. The first of two almost-finished models for Mystery Project :). The second one is Agneya artillery frigate.

And yup, it's this :D: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89073.0

Is that wonderful thing released?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...and...
*snip*
This one is ORC Amalthea, a replacement for recolored Fenris from SF-Junky's project. The first of two almost-finished models for Mystery Project :). The second one is Agneya artillery frigate.

And yup, it's this :D: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89073.0

This buggy, wonferful thing called Amalthea? It's not released. Currently one of internal models from Exile and release candidate.

I will probably keep this as pre-release content longside with Agneya. Both models still needs some work. Amalthea requires fixing their VLS missile launchers, and mapping adjustments.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Tired of Bellorophon and Chimera? Need something moar classic?
With some models on my workbench, I recently touched the Eurynome a bit. Replacement for c914's GTCv Tane used in Shadow Genesis. This is WiP model for SG: Reborn and will be released as soon as it's done just like rest of SG:R stuff.

Wow, that thing looks sweet. Is that just some details, or is that 5 beams on the front?

I love the little helmet style overhang too.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank ya :D. Only two heavy beams will be placed on the front. Two more will be on the sides, and it's gonna have three swarm torpedo tube clusters. It's gonna be dedicated shock-jumper. 3 tubes below spinal beams are navigation sub system. The nose is mostly precision-jump equipment, and it will be filled with cables, antennae and other stuff like this.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
This buggy, wonferful thing called Amalthea? It's not released. Currently one of internal models from Exile and release candidate.

I will probably keep this as pre-release content longside with Agneya. Both models still needs some work. Amalthea requires fixing their VLS missile launchers, and mapping adjustments.

Why you gotta blueball me, man?

Also:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm too kind man and release too much stuff :P

And your station is sweet. What are those octagonal, large things? I imagine two of these stations connected to each other by these things.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Love me some.stations.

There's detail there, but it feels like it's being lost in that texture. Baking in an AO map, or even just changing p the style of playing you use on some of the greebles would make them pop. A little bit more contrast on the main texture would be good too.youve got a full palette available - use it! at the moment, it kind of gives off an 8bit, pcx kind of vibe.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm too kind man and release too much stuff :P

And your station is sweet. What are those octagonal, large things? I imagine two of these stations connected to each other by these things.

You guess correctly. Those are connection ports.

The station is designed with multi-docking in mind. Aside from the station core (the image), I also have 3 kinds of connectors (double tube, double, wide tube, armored tube) and various other modules (hangar, repair, habitation, multi-dock, shipyard, defense module, etc...) which are almost done, just need texturing. I'll probably finish the connectors and hangard module tomorrow.

I just slapped together a quick texturing job with the maps I had on hand. The station is symetrical on both axes, so I could get away with only UV maping 1/4 of it. But I didn't get around to it yet. I just want to release something usable soon, and can pretty it up further later.
Also, the maps used don't have normals or specular or glow maps active yet.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:20:00 am by TrashMan »

Offline starlord

Sweet work betrayal.

By the way, any plans regarding the Barbados?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Sweet work betrayal.

By the way, any plans regarding the Barbados?
Not now. When SG:Reborn already has Barbados in modpack, I doubt if it needs anything from me. 5k polys makes it decent for standards of today, and Oddgrim's tiling job is far better than what other modellers used to do with tiles. Same story goes for Asteria.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i am working on this one for quite some time for an university project, although it started as just another lego model
by far the ship that i spent most time on the model and right now on the textures so far
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need