Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308227 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: What are you working on?
Heres another ship i am working on for the Colonial Alliance the Aesir class frigate.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Blackwood Station mainhall WiP. lots of work to do yet, on the right hand side at the very least. Probably some more general detail, something on the platform, maybe another person somewhere. Then it's corridors and animation, which I've barely done before. Should be fun!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Blackwood Station? Is this Twisted Infinities related?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yep. Interface is the one area we never messed with too much. Not any more. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Looks cool. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
May I suggest a multi-era mainhall?  For example, use the exact same thing you've got right now, but with an Apollo or Ulysses so this could be used as an Arcadia mainhall for other campaigns.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That's a really rad mainhall but the Myrmidon stands out pretty badly.

Also:

Pretty much done with this, just gotta do debris and PBR conversion. Hoping to release it in a few days.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Pretty much done with this, just gotta do debris and PBR conversion. Hoping to release it in a few days.

:yes:

This will come in handy for Deus Ex Machina II; I have in mind a callback to the original DEM's subplot about attacks from allied cargo containers.  Do you plan to do the TTC and TSC containers as well?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
You're not wrong, but there's not really a better Myrmidon available as far as I know, and I definitely want a Myrmidon in the shot.

There are only really a handful of polies on the screen... Maybe I'll just re-UV that little section.

Re the idea of a multi era main hall... Well, TBH this is more or less a practice run with a very specific purpose - not sure it'll be valuable for others making FS1 era campaigns compared with Mjn's much superior mainhalls. There's also going to be TI ships flying past outside in misc animations, which would need to be redone.

However, like I said, it's a practice run. I'm hoping to do TV War war era Terran and Vasudan mainhalls if this one goes well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:50:17 pm by Black Wolf »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
And an update:

Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

You're not wrong, but there's not really a better Myrmidon available as far as I know, and I definitely want a Myrmidon in the shot.

The UTF Comanche "ugly" fighter (originally HTL'd by VA, in fact) has a Myrmidon missile bay stuck on the side.  Since the Myrmidon is only barely visible, you could try putting a Comanche there instead.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

This thing require lots of work, but at least I made something that I can call a planet :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I remember it was supposed to be called AC Iraklion but was dropped from ASW. I added some thing here and there... Pure recreationally done stuff and I doubt if it ever go through baking stage.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

I remember it was supposed to be called AC Iraklion but was dropped from ASW. I added some thing here and there... Pure recreationally done stuff and I doubt if it ever go through baking stage.

For "some reason" I like it :D
can you finish it? it is still my go to ancients ship below the juggernaught
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
If you wish :P. Basicly I just need to bake and convert it.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I'm currently learning the Substance Painter program. Here are the results after a few days of practice. New texture for the missile I made long time ago.

The p3d view does not fully show the actual result because I don't know yet how to convert all the textures properly to fit them for p3d needs.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I think I'm making progress :P

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I just cannot resist :P. This ship is sooo cool!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I just cannot resist :P. This ship is sooo cool!
The Minos super-destroyer, that I called as the Svaamin-class warship in my original TC mod Shattered Stars, is cool. I think it should include PBR maps, as well as AO.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...