Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308231 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: What are you working on?
hello!

i am working recently on this one:

it has about 15k polys (tris) and 1x 4096x4096 (for the main hull) and 1x 1024x1024x32 (for the superstructure) but i guess i need to add more, because this one is a larger ship (about 150m long)

it has no LODs yet unfortunately, and needs more texture work. it would be better with bumpmap, but i do not know if it is worth the work doing all little things in 3D on this corellian type ship... :)
i also thought of making an EP1-3 mod (i did not saw any, maybe i missed something?) but there are so few blueprints from these ships... i used a front and bottom view blueprint (i could not find any more views) for making this one. if someone has some blueprints (especially of CIS ships) or would like to work on such a mod, please contact me, thanks!

Looks great! If you are interested in doing Star Wars stuff in FSO shoot me a PM!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[snip

Thinking of new ways to utilize the space stations we have for gameplay purposes. I think you can guess what I am planning here :D (hint: there will be no big explosion(s), even the NTF holds to safety standards)

Now I only need to add a few secondary installations and then see how to add sentires. And cargo containers. And cargo moving drones...
I see you have very fancy skybox here. I'm wondering where did you get it :P

Station looks interesting. Nice usage of gas refinery. Is this Of Shivans and Men related content?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip

I love this kind of stations and big structures, but I do not know how to prevent the ships from hitting him continuously, crazy pilots  :lol:

I'm rearranging stuff for Friends and Foes 2, actually. The first 8 missions are almost finished.

But now to the downside: My HDD crashed. I have a copy of the FaF2 campaign stuff including all models and tables. But all my star maps, notes and the (almost) complete outline of the campaign are gone... This will need some time to rebuild everything, but I already have some new ideas. I take it as a challenge: Everything I can't remember wasn't worth to be written down, anyway  :p

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
How bad did it crash? Perhaps you could be able to retrieve some of the data stored on it using some kind of free software tool.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

I think pretty Bad, sadly. Windows 10 always tried to do CHKDSK on start,  but it didn't work well. Now I have Win 7 on my 2nd Hdd. I thought I had stored everything away but I forgot about my notes. So I made a fast formating. The crashed Hdd wasn't even recognized by Win 7 before that. But yes, maybe I should have a second look with some free Software.

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip

I was testing some programs with a broked and unreadable HD some time ago with good results, ok, some data can´t be recovered, but 80% was extracted. Some data can be recovered even after a format process.

If you want to try....

Easy Recovery Professional

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I see you have very fancy skybox here. I'm wondering where did you get it :P

Its a placeholder just to reduce of the ammount of undefinined black in the image - however it is used in the missions that come before the use of this installation

Is this Of Shivans and Men related content?

If you follow the link to the moddb it will actually tell you in the describtion that it is an NTF installation in Sirius.
However developing a location that could easily have been there in-universe 30+ years before the NTF might just cut out a step in developing another mission further done that might have additional development challanges - esspecially since there is huge difference between a military operation and let's say... a heist :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

It worked! I used another program because the one coffeesoft mentioned wasn't able to recover in free mode, but now I was able to get my notes and starmaps back! Thanks guys :)

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip

It worked! I used another program because the one coffeesoft mentioned wasn't able to recover in free mode, but now I was able to get my notes and starmaps back! Thanks guys :)

Good news !!   :p

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Wooo! See? Don't give up so easily!  :D
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Finalizing some unfinished business... baking glows and wrapping my head around the whole fsu conversion process again.  :P

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Holy **** dude, welcome back for starters. Been waiting on this for awhile.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

I've been working on some mini-projects as mental exercises or as a form of killing boredom. In particular, my focus is upon writing, model editing or learning to better FRED. Not expecting them to culminate into much but I guess you never know what might result. Anyway, one mini project I have ongoing and do rather enjoy is introducing glow-pointing to Exile's ORC Amalthea (Cause I'm a sucker for Fenris/Leviathan family cruisers). Obligatory W.I.P view included:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:06:41 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Very funky glows.

Holy **** dude, welcome back for starters. Been waiting on this for awhile.
ohai *waves*

Also, why do I keep making faces on my textures?  :confused: Must be some kind of curse.

edit:

Ingame shot. woop.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:54:54 pm by Oddgrim »
My models page:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I've been working on some mini-projects as mental exercises or as a form of killing boredom. In particular, my focus is upon writing, model editing or learning to better FRED. Not expecting them to culminate into much but I guess you never know what might result. Anyway, one mini project I have ongoing and do rather enjoy is introducing glow-pointing to Exile's ORC Amalthea (Cause I'm a sucker for Fenris/Leviathan family cruisers). Obligatory W.I.P view included:

[snip]
Looks awesome! I would be glad to include her in upcoming patch for Exile :].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
More unfinished models c:
Creating the pof itself and adding more stuff.

My models page:

Dayyyyyum, Oddgrim! These new Vasudan models are worthy of mad respect. Very glad to see them in great form and getting that needed loving.

Also, why do I keep making faces on my textures?  :confused: Must be some kind of curse.

The answer is easy. Because everything Vasudan needs to stare into our souls in eerie silence. Or maybe to psych us out in battle. Take your pick!  :D

Looks awesome! I would be glad to include her in upcoming patch for Exile :].

That is the plan for when I have finished it :yes:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:11:53 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Dayyyyyum, Oddgrim! These new Vasudan models are worthy of mad respect. Very glad to see them in great form and getting that needed loving.

The answer is easy. Because everything Vasudan needs to stare into our souls in eerie silence. Or maybe to psych us out in battle. Take your pick!  :D

haha thanks man, that explains a lot actually, I do feel drained after a long session so maybe that is the reason?  :nervous:
My models page:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*SNIP*

Thinking of new ways to utilize the space stations we have for gameplay purposes. I think you can guess what I am planning here :D (hint: there will be no big explosion(s), even the NTF holds to safety standards)

Now I only need to add a few secondary installations and then see how to add sentires. And cargo containers. And cargo moving drones...

Noice. But if you wanted a modular look, isn't there a modular station out there already? I remember someone making one.

Also this:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=92858.0
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!