Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 309264 times)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Re: What are you working on?
Too spooky.  :shaking:

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Just realized I no longer have the vasudan typeface... Anyone got a link to that?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

3 of 'em.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline 0rph3u5

Thank you, Nightmare ... a bit redundant now that I saw that the FSPort MediaVPs actually contain a HOL-skin for the Typhon...

Meanwhile work continues on a "cinematic" that opens with the glorious shot attached, which is going to look more awkard with a ship in focus and all the pyrotechnics enabled...

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class

:wtf:  What are you cooking up with Axem?!?!  :p
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Well that should simplify the texture process  :lol:
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr

:eek2: wha wut? Planning something? With Axem? Who is Axem? What _is_ an Axem even? Are I Axem? Are we Axem???  :headz:

My models page:

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter

:eek2: wha wut? Planning something? With Axem? Who is Axem? What _is_ an Axem even? Are I Axem? Are we Axem???  :headz:

No.

As for the Shattered Stars project, I have many things to work on, namely the Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen ships to appear in the mod.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

:wtf: Does that mean that you think you were meant or did you just not like the joke?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:41:20 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Axem

Wait... am I... am I BRYAN SEE??

:headz:

Wait... am I... am I BRYAN SEE??

:headz:

Admit it, you newly only tested in secret how people would react to SiN and cosplay references in JAD. ;)

Offline 0rph3u5

Distinction of identity is an illusion, for in truth "we" are already joined as the One. To reject the wholesome unity in One'ness is to subject not just the "self" but also the whole of the One to existential angst and anguish.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

... testing pyrotechnics for a cutscene... also testing an overlay...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:28:40 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

That's a freakin weird Moon ya know. I mean it's like a space bean pod. Can we say..BODY SNACHERS? 0.0
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline 0rph3u5

That's just a little bug in that old background from... 10 years ago...

Meanwhile:

==================

That looks pretty cool. But why is there a subspace whirl appearing every time one of these meteors shows up?

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
That's just a little bug in that old background from... 10 years ago...

Meanwhile:

nifty lookin!
My models page:

Offline 0rph3u5

But why is there a subspace whirl appearing every time one of these meteors shows up?

That's just an oversight with the testing envoirment:
You see the "meteor" is actually just a missile covered in particle effects, so to control when it is spawned via weapon-create I set the events condition to a has-arrived-delay of a reinforcement ship, the ship then get ship-vanish'ed but I keep forgetting setting the No Warp Effect-flag on arrival.

==================

But why is there a subspace whirl appearing every time one of these meteors shows up?

That's just an oversight with the testing envoirment:
You see the "meteor" is actually just a missile covered in particle effects, so to control when it is spawned via weapon-create I set the events condition to a has-arrived-delay of a reinforcement ship, the ship then get ship-vanish'ed but I keep forgetting setting the No Warp Effect-flag on arrival.

Ah, OK. How many different weapons do you use for the spawn effects of the second meteor? I was working on something similar a while back and used 3 weapons for that kind of effect. It didn't look anywhere near as good as yours though.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That was the second UIMS model I've undertaken, after the Deathball A. Apparently I'm trying to create a destroyer-size UIMS Hammerhead (from Galaxian 3/Starblade) based on the one seen in Star Ixiom, but I decided to create a low-poly (retail) as a placeholder. This placeholder looks similar to the small version of the First Order Dreadnought, leading me to create a Hammerhead-2 derivative.

A hi-poly version following the Deathball A is forthcoming.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...