Author Topic: Total Retaliation (DEV)  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Total Retaliation (DEV)
When I first started Shattered Stars more than three years ago, I wanted to create a non-FSR campaign. It turned out, it grew into an original total-conversion project that doesn't require the retail FreeSpace 2 and even its MediaVPs to run. As a result, it became more ambitious and more complex than FSR.

The previous iterations had a non-original setting, namely the 2012 Total Recall movie universe, which made it a technically non-original project. They also had varying FreeSpace models as placeholders.

In addition, based on my experience with scifi and games are limited in numbers (4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica + 8 Star Wars movies + Wing Commander + X-Wing + FreeSpace), this project lacks in originality, given there are games that cast player as a non-human character in the alien race, such as the Homeworld series and House of the Dying Sun.

I know making a project like Shattered Stars (now renamed to something I don't reveal in this post, and this name is now a yet-to-be-developed Ancient-Shivan War reboot), which is different than Wing Commander, X-Wing, and FreeSpace won't be easy, as it's going to be a challenge. I wanted to make a space combat sim I never played, with an unprecedented scale of realism. I wanted to make an original total-conversion project that's not anime-based. In a way, it's described as FreeSpace on steroids. I can't risk roping people into the project.

This is why I'm making a non-FSR and non-TC project mod and I'm putting the TC on hold, just like I did with FSR. I'm doing away with voice-acting. Just like the previous iterations of SS, however, it is set in the same universe as the 2012 Total Recall film, and it may overlap with the FreeSpace/Blue Planet universe in some way. It's not a spinoff of SS, but it's an alternate reality mod what if the Vasudans and the Shivans wage war earlier after its first contact, even before the beginning of the Terran-Vasudan War.

Also, it should be noted that I used to have worked on Happy New Year, on asked by Woutersmits. This campaign is impossible to realize for a number of reasons. Now I'm updating one of the older SCP mods to support MediaVPs 2014, the Revenge, as Woutersmits provided, and doing a Star Wars campaign.

As for this campaign itself, it requires Blue Planet to run. I plan to release it sequentially, just like you did for the past decade. I'm putting this on fast track, but I do not wish to rush as this takes time.

More updates will be posted here.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Re: Total Retaliation (DEV)
nice topic bryan see

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I haven't posted a screenshot here, but it contains only one mission. Coming from the earliest iteration of Shattered Stars developed in 2014.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Ehh... So you're saying that your already working on three big projects simultaneously, but instead of finishing one you're trying to start a fourth one? And they're all very "ambitious" and "complex"...?

Sorry I don't get it. But good luck with that...

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well... all of these projects sounds very fishy to me  :lol:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Luis Dias

Can't wait for my great great great granchildren be able to play it!

Sorry, I couldn't help my sarcasm coming out. Good luck, I guess?

Well, Bryan See just said he's working on this projects. The word "release" is not used in the announcement... :nervous: