FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: Cyrene vs. Psamtik

(1/5) > >>

Bryan See:

Story:
Following the Battle of Deneb, the NTF is forced to withdraw to Sirius by the arrival of the GTD Aquitaine and the GVD Psamtik. The NTD Cyrene is tasked to hold off a two-pronged offensive launched from Alpha Centauri and Deneb, culminating in a confrontation at the jump node with the 13th Vasudan Battle Group...

Info:
Cyrene vs. Psamtik is a short two-mission mini-campaign taking place during the events of FreeSpace 2. It chronicles the Battle of Sirius viewed in both perspectives of the NTF and the GTVA, headed by the Cyrene and the Psamtik respectively.

Release:
Only on Knossos: https://fsnebula.org/mod/cyrenevspsamtik

Notes:
This campaign do seem to be different than others, because it features more than one perspective players assume. In traditional campaigns, players assume the role of Alpha 1 of the same faction all the time. Whereas in this campaign, you play as both Alpha 1 of both differing factions. I think this is partly inspired by another space combat game, Star Wars: Squadrons.

And finally, it still lacks voice-acting and any of the custom assets.

I hope this campaign, along with Lost in the Mist, will regain my reputation as a saving grace, especially after I got blocked from the FSOpen GitHub by DahBlount and The E via decision on 22 March 2021 for making a fool of myself by creating "useless" pull requests, thus pushing me closer to near perma-banning (I don't want it to happen), and throwing all my modding/campaign-making prospects into further doubt and uncertainty, though I have one modding project based on Galaxian3/Starblade as requested by starlord and a few small campaigns set within the FreeSpace 2 timeline, and many huge projects I'm currently stepping away.

P.S. I hope someone (Strygon) will give me support in this turbulent time.

EDIT:
Changes in 1.0.1:

* Fixed debriefing in both missions. (found by ShivanSlayer)
Changes in 1.0.2:

* Fixed balancing and debriefing issues in Mission 1.
* Fixed bomber issue in Mission 2.

ShivanSlayer:
Good minicampaign, and I like the ones taking place during the main campaigns that show battles the Alliance wins without Alpha 1.  One thing you might want to fix though is that you get told you did not have authorization to return to base whether you complete the mission or not.

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: ShivanSlayer on March 26, 2021, 01:26:26 pm ---Good minicampaign, and I like the ones taking place during the main campaigns that show battles the Alliance wins without Alpha 1.  One thing you might want to fix though is that you get told you did not have authorization to return to base whether you complete the mission or not.

--- End quote ---
In case you're wondering, this campaign is influenced by the single player campaign of Star Wars Squadrons, a recently released space combat game. That's what makes this stands out, and thus it is unlike any other campaigns made before.

Regarding the fix, I'll implement it ASAP.

ShivanSlayer:
Yeah, until I found the flaw was in both missions, I was going to say that the NTF lost the war by executing good pilots for no reason whatsoever

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: ShivanSlayer on March 26, 2021, 01:35:53 pm ---Yeah, until I found the flaw was in both missions, I was going to say that the NTF lost the war by executing good pilots for no reason whatsoever

--- End quote ---
Update is on the way.

However, did anyone got this problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version