Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Working on new B5 models and mini mod.

<< < (4/4)

wesp5:

--- Quote from: starbug on December 15, 2021, 06:26:06 am ---But you've got to admit you where in a pretty aggressive stance which would put people off.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I admit that. But I'm so annoyed about all these mods that try to invent the wheel anew and fail in the end! Let's hope yours is not like that ;).

--- Quote ---I don't even know if i code fix the current issues as i don't know what they are, if they are a coding issue then i really can't help as my coding skills are 0.

--- End quote ---

Same here, all I can do is using a text editor to fix typos and names, and maybe the occassional mission problem if it is easy enough to figure out...

--- Quote ---It would be a absolute mammoth job going through all the models and sorting those issues out alone. That is why i am only doing a mini mod, i simply don't have the free time to do anyting bigger.

--- End quote ---

It would be great if you could provide your fixed models to TBP as you already offered, if they are compatible to the TBP tables. I myself have no experience with FSO models at all!

wesp5:
Wow, I just played a bit of the SW Original Trilogy mod and the few missions I got to run look great! Why was this abandoned? And is there a way to fix the briefing error which break most of the available missions? Because I don't understand how such a mess can still be downloadable from ModDB ;). I really hope the Fate of the Galaxy game uses some of these resources and improves on them :)!

PS: This is the error breaking all briefings: Could not load in 2_CommandBrief-mb. Strange enough this file is not found referenced in the mission files themselves.

wookieejedi:
Glad you enjoyed the old OT mod. Mainly it was abandoned because under the hood there are a lot of issues, bugs, and very poor optimizations (this was in my very early mod days, and the OT mod was really just an asset compilation from warfull and some other SW mods).

FotG has far superior models, textures, and many, many other assets (so if you liked the OT mod stuff you are in for a real treat with FotG). Plus, the models, textures, music, etc are original creations in FotG, not compiled from various places like the OT mod. We've also worked to ensure FotG is stable, well-optimized, and looks just like the movies.

Sorry, got a bit off topic from starbug’s exciting post. Great to see quick updates!

OverDhill:
Well I would like to stay on and help but it seems my health is not making it easy.  I pretty much spent those first few months of the lock down getting all the mission files fixed (well mostly fixed).  There was a ton of work to get all the asset names correct. 

I do hope some people jump in and keep making it better.  I do believe that it could be made even better.   With the rumor of a reboot people's interest is sure to take off also.

I see my neural surgeon in January to discuss my issues.   Hopefully he can fix things.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: OverDhill on December 17, 2021, 10:56:37 am ---Well I would like to stay on and help but it seems my health is not making it easy.  I pretty much spent those first few months of the lock down getting all the mission files fixed (well mostly fixed).  There was a ton of work to get all the asset names correct. 

I do hope some people jump in and keep making it better.  I do believe that it could be made even better.   With the rumor of a reboot people's interest is sure to take off also.

I see my neural surgeon in January to discuss my issues.   Hopefully he can fix things.

--- End quote ---

You have done some terrific work for it. I also hope the doctor visit goes well and they can help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version