Poll

What sort of ending do you think the GTVA Colossus should have?

Getting beamed to death by the SJ Sathanas while standing still? (Volition canon)
8 (8.8%)
Getting beamed to death by the SJ Sathanas while still attacking it and inflicting some damage?
43 (47.3%)
Getting beamed by the SJ Sathanas but surviving, but still getting scrapped because it took too much damage?
4 (4.4%)
Getting beamed by the SJ Sathanas and surviving, but getting destroyed by the Capella supernova?
12 (13.2%)
Getting beamed by the SJ Sathanas and surviving, as well as assisting in Apocalypse and successfully making the jump to Vega before the supernova?
13 (14.3%)
Getting beamed by the SJ Sathanas and surviving, but getting bombed to death by bombers?
1 (1.1%)
Getting beamed by the SJ Sathanas and surviving, but experiencing death from above in the form of a Shivan warship's beams (including another Sathanas?
5 (5.5%)
Something else?
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: About the End of the GTVA Colossus...  (Read 33192 times)

Re: About the End of the GTVA Colossus...
uhhhh..... so does that mea it's time for me to shut my trap again?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sadly, I've saved the Colossus at least once, but it does nothing :P
With or without cheats?

Without cheats, as I've never actually had either the desire (or for that matter known them well enough) to use them. Without bugs, however...that's probably a different subject, since the Sathanas actually gave me enough time to knock out all but one of its BFReds and be mostly done with another before it opened fire.

For that matter I've seen that Sath and the Colossus exchange fire. So, again, bugs.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Someone could also rewrite the Bible. Granted, certain people (though not me) would be offended by such blasphemy.
Meh, here's my attempt:

Genesis Chapter 1:
Bruce Willis yelled as he charged toward the thirty four generic ass holes at the elevator. He took out his AK-47 and shot down all of them. As the elevator door opened Samuel Frakkin' Jackson popped up. He had a shotgun. He pumped it and then said, let's get it down, mother****er!"
They both got into the lift and it went down. The lift doors opened again, only to show a whole load of more generic ass holes. Bruce Willis ****ed all of them up with his machine gun while Samuel Frakkin' Jackson went around pumping them with his shotgun while calling them mother****ers.
Then some German guy calls them on a phone and he's like "Simon Says this building will EXPLODE!!!"
Bruce Willis at this point is like really tired and Samuel Jackson's black ass is clogged with sweat. And they were panting really hard. So they just look at each other for like 3 minutes, then start running. As they exit the building they jump just as the building explodes into a giant fireball.
Then Samuel Jackson's like "****, man ****" and Bruce Willis is like, "Jesus Christ," and they're both like "Yippe eye aee mother ****er" when all these police dudes come too late.
"Put your gun down and put your hands in the air!" Screamed some random police dude. Bruce Willis is pissed off at this point so he's like, aww, "**** you *****" and he shoots into the air. All the police guys turn into wusses and run away.
Then a Helicopter comes and the German guy is like "My big white ass is bigger than your big black ass" and he starts shooting at them with a mounted weapon. And Bruce Willis is like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" and Samuel Jackson is like "Holy ****, holy ****"
Then Bruce Willis shoots at a nearby powerline and the German guy's helicopter gets ****ed up and crashes. But there were some Japanese tourists on the ground where it landed who got killed and they're all on fire screaming but nobody cares and there's a happy ending.

Genesis Chapter 2:
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker walk into a Chinese restaurant and there are a load of Chinese guys in the restaurant eating. And Jackie Chan says something in Chinese which nobody understands except for Chinese people and a waitress comes. Chris Tucker eyes her boobs and he gets slapped. Jackie Chan asks for Chinese tea and some Piking Duck and she says something in Chinese really fast.
Then it cuts to Chris Tucker who's sneaking around the upstairs part of the restaurant with his gun. And there are like three stupid-looking Chinese guys with guns and they're talking in Chinese. Then Chris Tucker goes up to them like he's drunk and says, "Yo. I'm looking for mah friend you seen him?"
And all the Chinese guys look at each other like he's an idiot and then they all punch him in the face. Chris Tucker stumbles backward and he takes out his gun but all the other Chinese people are already aiming at him. And he's like "Yo, yo, what's with all the disrespect man I own this town!"
Meanwhile Jackie Chan was still in the restaurant wrapping his Piking Duck in those pancake things and then he sees some random Chinese guy we noticed earlier in the movie. So he gets up and sneaks after him but he realizes his dong was being watched by a security camera and he's like "D'oh". But he moves on anyway and he's looking at the Chinese guy. Then the Chinese guy takes out his gun and tries to shoot at Jackie Chan.
Jackie Chan goes all kung fu on all the generic guys with his kung fu skills and he's like bam, bam, and they're like oof, augh, aeeeee!!!!! All the guys have guns but they're not shooting because they're idiots. Then Jackie Chan kicks all of their asses. Then the Chinese dude is like "I wirr kirr yuu wiff my gun" and Jackie Chan dodges all the bullets. Then Jackie Chan reaches for a gun but the Chinese dude starts wrestling with him. Then they start wrestling and Jackie Chan gets kicked in the face and drops the gun out the window.
Meanwhile, Chris Tucker was about to get shot but then a gun dropped out of the sky and fell next to him. So he grabbed it and shoot all the Chinese guys in the legs and then started beating them up.
Then Jackie Chan got thrown out the window by the Chinese dude. Then loads of cops come and the Chinese dude's like screwed but then it turns out he was being funded by Steve Ballmer and Steve Ballmer appears with his Chinese friends and a packet of money and he starts shooting at the police for some reason.
Then Jackie Chan is like street fighting with all the other Chinese dudes while Chris Tucker's trying to get a shot at Steve Ballmer.
Then he sees a sports car and he shoots the gas tank and Steve Ballmer gets blown up. Then all the other Chinese guys got killed by the FBI.
A few weeks later they're on a plane to go to Beijing to eat some REAL Piking duck and then they have that cool "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" music playing!

Genesis Chapter 3
So batman is fighting some guys and the joker cuts some guys face while saying why so serious and batman beats him up and then some guy gets a machine gun pistol think and starts shooting at the van and the van is bullet proof so the joker gets and rpg and batman uses his batmobile to shield the van and the van gets shot at by the joker and the jokers fighting the batman and he's like on the floor and jokers like wonder why i got these scars why so serious why so serious why so SERIOUS and he cuts up batmans face but then the batman pushes him off the roof and the joker starts laughing but then batman uses an anti-aircraft machine gun and shoots the joker while he's falling so that he doesn't get the last laugh but then it turns out that the district attorney is also a bad guy and the batman goes over to the house where he is and hes like flipping a coin and batman takes out the machine gun again and threatens him but the district attorney whos actually called two face who is actually called arthur dent is like really cool and hes walking around in pyjamas and theres a depressed android and hes saying how hes depressed and hes like being emo and hes like wooooooooa and batmans like wtf is this im the goddamn batman and then arthur dent is like 42, ***** and he takes out a shotgun and shoots all the kids at the school and uses a flamethrower like in saving private ryan where there are loads of nazis and attack landing boats and the guys like contact in 30 seconds and then theres like loads of machine gun fire and then the sound goes away and everything goes in slow motion and this nazi guy gets his head melted off like in raiders of the lost ark where this french guy is working with the germans and the british guys are like working for the americans and the americans are working against the russians who are using machine guns to find the crystal skull from the mayans who are actually working for the aliens who are actually travelling between dimensions and suzumiya haruhis like if youre not an alien dont even bother talking to me and then everyone starts raping that random red haired girl who everyone likes and then the daleks come and theres a big war and batmans like im the goddamn batman and the vogons start saying poetry and all the nazis are like heil hitler and indiana jones whos real name is henry jones junior is like i dont have any catchphrases i suck bugger it all and suzumiya haruhi starts raping all the people and the daleks exterminate eveyrone with their laser guns and then stuff happens and the universe exploded.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Snail... tell me you copy and pasted that, and didn't just sit down and write that out.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I would but I'd be lying.

And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Soo...Snail, been electricuted much lately? Pumped up with a drug cocktail? Had a lobotomy?
I'm trying to figure out how that post came to be.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Soo...Snail, been electricuted much lately? Pumped up with a drug cocktail? Had a lobotomy?
I'm trying to figure out how that post came to be.

:wtf:

My, you're rude.
-C

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Snail, you are awesome.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
My, you're rude.

Pft...don't be such a stuckup. Live a little (by making fun on everyone).
C'mon...hit me with your best pun!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Snails post wasn't drug induced...

it was just unprecedented... and lacked punctuation... and a certain amount of sentence structure.

Now someone please explain to me where raping readheads becomes involved in this.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
No...somebody tell me how we went off-topic. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The thing about rewriting the bible.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline eliex

Ok, I write down something on-topic.
Just . . . wanted to know, why is the majority vote for the option . . .

Getting beamed to death by the SJ Sathanas while still attacking it and inflicting some damage?  23 (47.9%)

. . . selected involve about IIRC 20 000 people dying? Not like it changes anything - just curious.  ;)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Maybe it's because a lot of people accept that the GTVA Colossus was fated to die in that mission, but it should die trying to hold of the Sathanas, not sit there and be a sitting duck.

I chose the one below that, but as you can see, it's one of the least popular options... :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm all for the second option myself, and I'd fully support getting a tweaked version of the mission in the VPs to realize it.  Like karajorma said, it's evident from the actual mission file that :v: initially wanted the Colossus to put up at least a token resistance to the Sathanas, and the dialogue between the ship and Command supports as much.  Looking at it from a storyline standpoint, the end product of the mission merely has to be the Colossus falling to a Sathanas without destroying it in order to distract the Shivans from the Bastion; giving the Sathanas a few scratches in the process doesn't invalidate canon in any way.

(Also, those beam-locked cruisers?  Yeeeah.  Let's fix that.)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I'd like to see it survive, but just as an alternate future sort of thing. Capella wouldn't seem like such a big deal if the Colossus had survived.
-C

Offline eliex

I don't think that the GTVA, or even ANYONE would like to travel to the nebula where Capella is even if they could. A dense nebula with a neutron star or even worse, a black hole where the Capellan star was?  :nervous:

Or I suppose it could be for an execution zone. 

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Execution pods, engage subspace drive...
*emerges in nebula, accelerating at massive value. Somehow becomes 10000km long...*

Is anyone actually going to (should we?) fix that mission?
His legacy will last until the beginning.

IIRC, it's been done several times already. But it's not in the FS2 campaign, unless you put it in yourself. I think it has something to do with the 'maneuverability' of the Colossus.