Author Topic: Michael Moore's Movie  (Read 7301 times)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
.:Tin Can:. is a legend around here, Oh man this is aweful! Tin Can, I gave you advice and yet you still call people names and can be obnoxious at times.  Man, Tin Can, I feel bad for you but, you will never learn.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I would normally not reply to posts like his, but the problem is KT is that he does, anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view is either racist or stupid or a hater. It is thinking like a Dictator, such as Saddam or Castro, where anyone who doesn't agree with his view is wrong, or possibly evil.

Indoctrination at it's worst I'm afraid :(

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
On the other hand, it could be he has a stronger fact base to work from, but it seems 'fact' has become a mere matter of opinion.  Some would call Hussein Mr. Evil Dictator, but there were a great number of people who benefitted from his rule and would give anything to have him back.

Funny how that works.

I don't agree with everything Moore says.  Some of his interesting parallels are TRULY stretched, but it gives a voice for those who disagree.

People like to harp on him about it.  Of course, those are also the same people who were undoubtedly mailing bullets to the Dixie Chicks' fan club because they had the 'nerve' to speak out against the war (in a very respectful manner, I might add).
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Flipside
I would normally not reply to posts like his, but the problem is KT is that he does, anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view is either racist or stupid or a hater. It is thinking like a Dictator, such as Saddam or Castro, where anyone who doesn't agree with his view is wrong, or possibly evil.

And here I was, before comming to the forums three years ago, thinking that this sort of thing was the stuff of myth... and evil world leaders...

Now I can truly see first hand how folks like Bush get into office in the first place.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Now I can truly see first hand how folks like Bush get into office in the first place.

expand?  I'm curious.
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth

Too Long, Didn't Read

It's not my point of VIEW that is under fire, its Bush himself. He stumbled over a few words in a speech and the crowd goes NUTS. The next day newspapers put out "He said cat, instead of cash. What a looser!"

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Right, then there's the whole Iraq thing... and UN Iraq thing... the Christian-Right Wing thing... the oil thing... and pretzel thing...

Bassically you're saying that people are 'haters' because they don't agree how Bush runs government, and of course people are going ot make fun of his less than scholarly approach to being the President, especially if they don't like how he is running the country. It's all apart of politics.

I don't think any sane person dislikes Bush because he chokes on pretzels, but because he runs the United States like he's choking on a pretzel.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Social Interia is a funny thing, and the papers will follow it like a dog because it means money. So if the papers with 'Silly Bush' stories are outselling papers with 'Nice Bush' stories, you need to stop and think 'why?'

Oh, on the quotes front, heres a mishmash I found that are all rather funny, and they are multi-national, so no chance of annoying anyone.

http://drsaeed.8m.com/politicalquotes.html

Theres an awesome collection of Churchill quotes at the end that some of you may enjoy ;)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Churchill is the best. :D :yes:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Tincan: if we imagine anti-Bush sentiment to be an ice-cream sundae, his policies are the ice-cream and his personality is the cherry on top. That is to say that his policies are, or should be, the reason for the criticism. The fact that he's a moron only serves to sweeten the deal and draw the spotlight to his policies.

Lets not mince words, you and I both know that Bush is stupid. Thats nothing unique really, there are thosuands of people as stupid as he is. But, they don't have their finger on the button. They can't start a war, they cant cut social programs, they don't make taxes policy.

Bush didn't "slip up" once or twice. He can't speak the English language, plain and simple. 99% of highschool students could do better. Then, there is the fact that he is inept. He has never earned a thing in his life. Every single job, every single dollar, every single achievement has been handed to him on a silver platter. While a factory worker of greater intelect than Bush works 15 hour days just to support his family, Bush has never worked a day in his life. And yet, he is respected, he is powerful, and lives a life of luxury and ease.

Then, there is the fact that he believes that God is speaking to him. Can you imagine that the most powerful man in the world is making decisions based on what the voice of God whispers in his ear? Thats so wrong, I can't even begin to descirbe it. What if God tells him to destroy Sweden? He also believe that we are living in the End Times, and that Armaggedon is just around te corner. So, to prepare the world for the Second Coming, he must destroy the enemies of Israel. Basically, he's suicidal. It doesn't matter what he does, because he believes that Jesus is coming to save him and destroy all the sinners. Does this not bother you? So, there is no need to preserve the environment, cause the Earth is going up n smoke anyway.

The fact is, Bush is not only stupid beyond any acceptable level, he is also certifiably insane. Joan of Arc had that whole "God is speaking to me" thing too and look how she ended up.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Originally posted by Rictor

Then, there is the fact that he believes that God is speaking to him. Can you imagine that the most powerful man in the world is making decisions based on what the voice of God whispers in his ear? Thats so wrong, I can't even begin to descirbe it. What if God tells him to destroy Sweden? He also believe that we are living in the End Times, and that Armaggedon is just around te corner. So, to prepare the world for the Second Coming, he must destroy the enemies of Israel. Basically, he's suicidal. It doesn't matter what he does, because he believes that Jesus is coming to save him and destroy all the sinners. Does this not bother you? So, there is no need to preserve the environment, cause the Earth is going up n smoke anyway.

That or he's truely the Anti-Christ...

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Rictor

Flipside: paltry attempt, at best. Try again peasant :D:D

http://www.onpower.org/quotes/quotes.html

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's not how long it is, it's the quality of it's contents :p

hehehehe

Seriously though, nice list :D

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Originally posted by Rictor

That's true... :nod:
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Rictor

you're right, yours has teh funnays.

Oregon Democratic Senate candidate Tom Bruggere, in describing his support for comprehensive health care during a candidates' forum, said he supported "erection-to-resurrection" coverage. He later amended that to "cradle to grave."
-- News report

If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war.
-- Pentagon official, on why US military censored graphic footage from the Gulf War

I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!
-- Will Rogers

Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.

yes, I realize this isn't a quotes thread, I just liked these.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

So we go to Mike Moore's movie to Bush's policies...

Any man who describes the Very Hungry Caterpillar as his favourite childhood book worries me...why? Because GW Bush was born in 1956, The Very Hungry Caterpillar was released in 1969, when GW Bush was 13 years old.

Anyone who has read this book will understand that this is NOT a book read by your average 13 year old, more like 5 year olds

I'm pretty sure we all know what this is implying. Its not about policy or abotu what he did wrong, its just an intelligence degradent.

We know there are stupid people in the world. We know there are very stupid people in the world. We know that there are just liars and propogandists in the world. (Nudge Nudge: Michael Moore)

You can dislike the president and what he does, but kindly think about him as a person and respect him. It falls into the same category as a drill saregeant: He isnt very smart, he's mean to you all the time and his breath smells like old man's fart, but you had better show some respect. The guy is old, the guy is from west Texas, the guy is under fire for the stupidest of reasons.

Why did we vote him into office? Because he was a better choice than Al Gore. He's not the best, but he is better than Al Gore.

On the basis of him not working a day in his life: read some of his biography's and check out sections. You will find he did work. Just because he's loaded doesnt mean he just lounged at the table.

As for me being upset at the moment: I have been under a great, great deal of stress and have been easily aggrivated over the last few days. People I know and love have moved away, I've had to cancel some of my projects that I found fun, there are projects I have yet to do that I cannot start yet, things I am bad at yet I signed up for them (IE: Voice acting. You guys say my voice is good but I think it sucks!) and also being insulted on some of the Natural Selection servers I play, only to have an admin show up later on and accuse me of starting the whole ordeal.

Luckily, I'm going on vacation in a week, to the flat, yet hilly areas of South Dakota. It's an 18 hour drive, so, bring a CD Player and a Book. Maybe when I'm away from technology for quite some time and I come back, I'll feel better. I get to blow stuff up.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Why should I show respect for someone who directly affects me in his decisions and policies who also goes about screwing things over? The job of being president isn't about respect and superiority (like a king or emperor). Being president is about making *decisions* and making *good* ones (for the country).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 04:05:39 pm by 179 »
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

The president is not the all-powerful god-like being people insist on. If everyone disliked him like that so much, then we would have kicked him out of office. Remember, the president still has to go through the usual channels to do something of his liking.