Author Topic: WotW - WIP-shoots thread  (Read 2903 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
WotW - WIP-shoots thread
here are the first few shoots from the development of "Workings of the Warp - Act I: Omens"
and few lines as comments for these images...
while there is little fancy to see apart from the usual FS_Open eyecandy it might trigger your interest for this campaign

[Mission 2: Moments of Duty] The GVC Jurketh meets it's fate at the Beta Aquilea-Antares Jump Node

[Mission 4: Awakening of the Dragons] This beam ends the short life of this Fenris

[Mission 4: Awakening of the Dragons] While the power on the Kant Research Center is down the Zealot and the Nine Talons fight for control of nearby space
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:39:19 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: WotW - WIP-shoots thread
Nice....station could use glowmaps touhg..
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Zelot - do you perhaps mean Zealot?

Otherwise, you're right - very little to see that isn't fairly standard FSO stuff - still, nice to see screenies for a campaign - means something's been done.

Oh, and for once, Trashman's right - glowmap your station.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The caption says that the station power is out....
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nice catch  :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline 0rph3u5

right, in english it's Zealot (from ancient greek "zelos"; in german it's "Zelot")

The caption says that the station power is out....

Admiral Nelson get 127 points for reading the text to the image!
(glowmaps are there, don't worry)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
One more little grammar note: in the second picture, I think you want "then" instead of "than."  These shots look great, though. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

here a small feature on the two nebulas you will have to visit during the course of the campaign:

The Stellar Nebular around Omircon 23a

It's odd name being result of an error during the catography of the "Omicron Sector" by GTA astronomists in the early peroid of deep space exploartion the neutron star Omicron 23a is surrounded by a cloud of fine matter particles and varous gases. Despite the radiation emitted by the neutron star allied AWACS technology is able to elimnate about 80% of all sensor disturbances.

The Abyss

[the nebula poofs don't look too well since they are from a non-SCP package]
An yet unknown cataclysm destroyed a solar system at these cooridnates only two months before a stable Jump Node was found All what is left is a dark cloud with extremely limited eyesight and heavy electrical storms. Allied Shield technology is unoperative due to the rextense radiation and EM stroms while Shivan Shield tech remains in effect. Allied Scientists are confiend that a solution will soon be found. Additionally the systems of AWACS ships are unable to pentrate the clouds leaving visual confirmation the only method for effective recon.

==================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

right, in english it's Zealot (from ancient greek "Zelos"; in german it's "Zelot")

It reminds INFA... :nod:

The best pic is the one with the Herc II(in the Nebula) :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Looks nice. You might want to reconsider the time frame for the Abyss nebula though if you're going with a supernova type event (although I accept you did say an 'unknown cataclysm') as after only two months the nebula would probably still be hot enough to melt ships pretty quick. Especially without shields.

Ignore me if I'm way off on the plotlines. Or the physics.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline 0rph3u5

Looks nice. You might want to reconsider the time frame for the Abyss nebula though if you're going with a supernova type event (although I accept you did say an 'unknown cataclysm')

the unknown catacysm was no supernova
you will learn what it was....

==================

shivan induced no doubt

You Sir, are a gentleman. I send you my apologies. You certainly have piqued my interest. Rather devilish of you.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!