Author Topic: OS X Compiling problem  (Read 2192 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
OS X Compiling problem
Well, after some help from Blowfish last night, I managed to get pretty far into a compile.  I hadn't extracted the Frameworks.tgz file the first time.  So, since I was compiling on a G3 400 (running 10.4.11) I decided to let it go for the night and get some sleep.  Instead of a finished build this morning, I had an error.  So, I told it to compile again and dumped the output to this log (which I modified to include the initial command and the exit message).

Code: [Select]
loriG3:~/fs2_open/projects/Xcode lori$ xcodebuild -project FS2_Open.xcodeproj -configuration Release
=== BUILDING NATIVE TARGET jpeg WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Checking Dependencies...

=== BUILDING NATIVE TARGET lua WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Checking Dependencies...

=== BUILDING NATIVE TARGET code WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Checking Dependencies...

=== BUILDING NATIVE TARGET FS2_Open WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Checking Dependencies...

Ld /Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/FS2_Open.build/Release/FS2_Open.build/Objects-normal/ppc/FS2_Open normal ppc
    cd /Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode
    /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/FS2_Open.build/Release/FS2_Open.build/Objects-normal/ppc/FS2_Open -L/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release -L/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Debug -F/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release -FFrameworks -filelist /Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/FS2_Open.build/Release/FS2_Open.build/Objects-normal/ppc/FS2_Open.LinkFileList -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -framework OpenAL -framework SDL -ljpeg -lcode -llua -framework Ogg -framework Vorbis -framework Theora -arch ppc -Wl,-Y,1455 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -Wl,-dead_strip -framework SDL -lSystemStubs -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
/Developer/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning -L: directory name (/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Debug) does not exist
/Developer/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
gr_opengl_shade(int, int, int, int, bool)
_GL_state
gr_opengl_line(int, int, int, int, bool)
gr_opengl_curve(int, int, int, int)
gr_opengl_flash(int, int, int)
gr_opengl_pixel(int, int, bool)
gr_opengl_aaline(vertex*, vertex*)
gr_opengl_circle(int, int, int, bool)
gr_opengl_scaler(vertex*, vertex*)
gr_opengl_string(int, int, char*, bool)
gr_opengl_fade_in(int)
gr_opengl_tmapper(int, vertex**, unsigned int)
gr_opengl_aabitmap(int, int, bool, bool)
gr_opengl_fade_out(int)
gr_opengl_gradient(int, int, int, int, bool)
gr_opengl_line_htl(vec3d*, vec3d*)
opengl_shader_init()
gr_opengl_bitmap_ex(int, int, int, int, int, int, bool)
gr_opengl_cross_fade(int, int, int, int, int, int, float)
gr_opengl_sphere_htl(float)
gr_opengl_aabitmap_ex(int, int, int, int, int, int, bool, bool)
gr_opengl_flash_alpha(int, int, int, int)
opengl_shader_shutdown()
opengl_render_timer_bar(int, float, float, float, float)
gr_opengl_draw_line_list(colored_vector*, int)
opengl_state::ScissorTest(long)
opengl_state::SetZbufferType(gr_zbuffer_type)
opengl_state::SetTextureSource(gr_texture_source)
opengl_state::PolygonOffsetFill(long)
opengl_state::SetAlphaBlendMode(gr_alpha_blend)
opengl_state::Fog(long)
opengl_state::init()
opengl_state::CullFace(long)
opengl_state::DepthTest(long)
opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
opengl_texture_state::init(long)
opengl_texture_state::Enable(unsigned long)
opengl_texture_state::SetTarget(unsigned long)
opengl_texture_state::DisableAll()
opengl_texture_state::Delete(unsigned long)
opengl_texture_state::Disable()
opengl_texture_state::AnisoFilter(float)
_GL_shader
opengl_shader_get_index(int)
opengl_shader_get_uniform(char*)
opengl_shader_set_current(opengl_shader_t*)
opengl_setup_render_states(int&, int&, int&, int&, int&, int, int)
opengl_state::Light(long, long)
opengl_state::ClipPlane(long, long)
opengl_state::DepthMask(long)
opengl_state::Normalize(long)
opengl_texture_state::TexgenR(long)
opengl_texture_state::TexgenS(long)
opengl_texture_state::TexgenT(long)
opengl_state::Lighting(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(wmcgui.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_shade(int, int, int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_line(int, int, int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_curve(int, int, int, int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_flash(int, int, int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_pixel(int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_aaline(vertex*, vertex*)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_circle(int, int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_scaler(vertex*, vertex*)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_string(int, int, char*, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_fade_in(int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_tmapper(int, vertex**, unsigned int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_aabitmap(int, int, bool, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_fade_out(int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_gradient(int, int, int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_line_htl(vec3d*, vec3d*)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_shader_init()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_bitmap_ex(int, int, int, int, int, int, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_cross_fade(int, int, int, int, int, int, float)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_sphere_htl(float)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_aabitmap_ex(int, int, int, int, int, int, bool, bool)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_flash_alpha(int, int, int, int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_shader_shutdown()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_render_timer_bar(int, float, float, float, float)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined gr_opengl_draw_line_list(colored_vector*, int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::ScissorTest(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetZbufferType(gr_zbuffer_type)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetTextureSource(gr_texture_source)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::PolygonOffsetFill(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetAlphaBlendMode(gr_alpha_blend)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Fog(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::init()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::CullFace(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::DepthTest(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::init(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Enable(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetTarget(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetZbufferType(gr_zbuffer_type)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetTextureSource(gr_texture_source)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetAlphaBlendMode(gr_alpha_blend)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::DisableAll()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Delete(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Enable(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Disable()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(oggplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetTarget(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetZbufferType(gr_zbuffer_type)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetTextureSource(gr_texture_source)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetAlphaBlendMode(gr_alpha_blend)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::DisableAll()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Delete(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Enable(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Disable()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(mveplayer.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetTarget(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::AnisoFilter(float)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Delete(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Enable(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::Disable()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltexture.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetTarget(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined _GL_shader
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_shader_get_index(int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_shader_get_uniform(char*)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_shader_set_current(opengl_shader_t*)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_setup_render_states(int&, int&, int&, int&, int&, int, int)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::SetAlphaBlendMode(gr_alpha_blend)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Fog(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Light(long, long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::CullFace(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::ClipPlane(long, long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::DepthMask(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Normalize(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::DisableAll()
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::SetActiveUnit(unsigned long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::TexgenR(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::TexgenS(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengltnl.o) reference to undefined opengl_texture_state::TexgenT(long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengllight.o) reference to undefined _GL_state
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengllight.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Light(long, long)
/Users/lori/fs2_open/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(gropengllight.o) reference to undefined opengl_state::Lighting(long)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
** BUILD FAILED **

Anyone know what the problem is off the top of their heads?  Definitely seems to be OpenGL related, perhaps I'm missing some dev library still?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Make sure that gropengldraw.*, gropenglstate.* and gropenglshader.* are added to the project file.

I thought that I had already committed the updated version a while ago, but apparently not.  It will be tomorrow night at the earliest (but probably a day or two later) before I can update it myself, so if you don't mind, go ahead and make the change on your side and commit the updated project file.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't have commit access, and I know this () much about Xcode.  I only just fired it up for the first time yesterday.  I could probably figure it out, but wouldn't trust it and can't commit it anyway.  I haven't even actually fired up Xcode proper yet, I've only used the command line xcodebuild program.  Not sure if I can even run the IDE.  I'll take a look at it tonight if some other Mac developer doesn't get around to fixing this first.  If I can make the changes I'll pass them on to someone else to commit.  Thanks for the pointers Taylor.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Echelon9

I made the relevant patch a while back, devs were going to commit it when they had time.

For the Mac interested, here's the link to my post back in July 2008.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55095.msg1115351.html#msg1115351

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ah that's right, I remember seeing that now, but I didn't really make a note of it back then since I didn't think it would affect me later :)

I have one question about it though.  The diff looks good to me, although this one section:

Code: [Select]
@@ -3562,6 +3583,7 @@
  29B97313FDCFA39411CA2CEA /* Project object */ = {
  isa = PBXProject;
  buildConfigurationList = 34BE723808C940D200673B45 /* Build configuration list for PBXProject "FS2_Open" */;
+ compatibilityVersion = "Xcode 2.4";
  hasScannedForEncodings = 1;
  mainGroup = 29B97314FDCFA39411CA2CEA /* FS2_Open */;
  projectDirPath = "";

adds the compatibilityVersion value.  Was this done with Xcode 3 I take it, and will that line adversely affect Xcode 2.x?  I'm specifically using 2.5.

Offline Echelon9

Yeh I use XCode 3.1 on my Mac, so when I opened the project file to make the explicit inclusion of the added graphics .c/.h files it must have also added that compatability flag.

I can't see how it would make problems for you in XCode 2.5. You can always back the patch back out again if need be.