Author Topic: High Noon Events  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Have you guys fixed them?

Message from Goober ends.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Is it in here?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I would not know. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Well neither do we. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I would not know. :nervous:

Maybe you should check if it is, so they can tell you. Or so you can find out for yourself.

I, for one, have no idea what this thread is about.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Have you guys fixed them?

Message from Goober ends.

Wow. Just ... wow. Thank you for that clear and precise bug report/inquiry. We will get right on that and fix it. Or not.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bad minion!  Bad!!

He said "okay", so I assumed he knew exactly what I was talking about.  I expected him to ask for clarification otherwise. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the directives and goals in High Noon are messed up if you play the mission standalone (i.e. not as part of the campaign).  And if you open it in FRED, the events checking the four main turrets on the Sathanas are a nightmare, and quite unreadable.  So there's both a bugfix and a cosmetic fix here.  If you fix the cosmetic details (e.g. by using variables instead of 24 event checks) you ought to be able to fix the directive checking at the same time.

Also, in campaign mode the same turrets should be destroyed in High Noon as were in Bearbaiting.  If I take out the upper and lower right cannons in the first mission, I don't expect to see the lower right cannon still functioning, while the lower left cannon is destroyed instead.

Oh, and if you manage to take out all the cannons in Bearbaiting, you'll start High Noon with no mission goals.  You might want to add a previous-mission check in that case, and just not remove the "assist in the kill" mission goal.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Uh. You realize that what you are complaining about is part of the Retail data, right?

And as for fixing it for stand-alone is all well and fine, but frankly, I'm going to be more concerned about fixing any actual Campaign progression issues.

I dig the idea that the same turrets stay destroyed, I wasn't aware of that one so I'll get right on fixing that. And the idea that if you do pull off destroying all four causing a lack of a mission goal, I'm pretty sure I can come up with some ideas.

Again, more than happy to implement corrections, but I'm frankly not going to be overly concerned about whether or not the mission in the Simulator works as designed (since it's supposed to immediately follow Bearbaiting) especially if any fixes could potentially interfere with Campaign.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ehh.  If there's going to be that much dispute over it, I can fix it myself.  It's a rather straightforward fix, even if it's not a five-minute job.  Where can I find the most recent mediavp versions of the missions?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Uh, what dispute? I'm just saying that any changes to correct it's behaviour in stand-alone need to be verified that they won't also break the Campaign mode.

I'm interested in seeing the proposed fix for the standalone for the events checking the turrets. I'm not overly fond of nor do I use FRED, so it'd mostly be gibberish anyway, but I can translate what you want and you can have it, just so long as it doesn't break Campaign.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:25:55 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not a dispute as such, but a reluctance to fix the single-mission events in preference for the campaign events.  I'd rather fix everything at once and be done with it.  Also, I could fix it myself in a reasonably short period of time.  If I make many more posts on this thread, I'll have spent more time explaining it than it would have taken to fix it. :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
K, Zacam should now have the updated mission.  I threw in a bunch of other fixes too.