Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 245974 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Glad to hear it's an improvement. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I donno if its just me, or if its even the theme's fault, but the favicon for HLP has become a spinny loading thing.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I donno if its just me, or if its even the theme's fault, but the favicon for HLP has become a spinny loading thing.

green coloured?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel

Spoiler:
April fools

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Mine's the same, it also has the constant spinny blue thing next to the cursor on screen, like it's constantly loading something :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh ok, so it's not just me.
I guess it's intentional then. :)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
That thing is pure evil. :mad: Good thing I don't have OCD, or I'd have to skip the forums for the day.

Granted, it is funny, too...

Offline flecht

Not so universal joke. :P

Linux, Firefox 11

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It took me a shamefully long time to realize that was intentional. :lol:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Not so universal joke. :P

Linux, Firefox 11

I know, I know... Chrome doesn't even show the animation, either - just the first frame. I just had to go with the most common denominator. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I am officially sick of my mouse looking like it's loading something. The day's over. Change it back please.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I am officially sick of my mouse looking like it's loading something. The day's over. Change it back please.
You mouse got it as well?  My cursor was and is normal.

As for the favicon, it looks like it has been changed back already you will either have to clear your browser cache or wait for your browser to re-download the favicon which is normally somewhere between 1 and 7 days.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
no mouse cursor issues here but despite clearing my cash for the last day my icon is still green
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I haven't reverted the changes yet, so if you're not seeing the loading cursor and green favicon, your browser's lying to you. Lying.

I'll revert them in a bit though. ;)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I didn't notice that you changed the default cursor until now. It works even on a Mac. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I haven't reverted the changes yet, so if you're not seeing the loading cursor and green favicon, your browser's lying to you. Lying.

I'll revert them in a bit though. ;)
Hmm.  Apparently firefox and IE don't let you change the cursor, because it never changed for me. IE didn't pick up the new favicon either. Chrome on the other hand, is using the busy cursor and what look like the first frame of the favicon.

Just have to love the compatibility of the different browsers :P
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm using Firefox and I have the 'spinny thing' next to my Cursor, have done since yesterday on here.

Looking forward to it being reverted :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
All (my) changes are reverted; the Kick-ass thing will have to be dealt by the original mischief-maker. :D

And as for the browser stuff... most of the differences people were seeing were due to their caches not being refreshed. The background working cursor is pretty much universally supported - all OSes, all browsers (expect perhaps Lynx... :p). The favicon (which tends to get cached more vigorously and is more difficult to refresh when desired) was merely an animated GIF, set to a certain color, etc... thus it didn't match many browsers besides Firefox / Windows. Also, evidently some browsers (Chrome) only display the first frame, so it was all the more out of place.

No matter, fun was had by all, even though not all were had by the fun. ;)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
And as for the browser stuff... most of the differences people were seeing were due to their caches not being refreshed. The background working cursor is pretty much universally supported - all OSes, all browsers (expect perhaps Lynx... :p).
So it would seem.  Either I was keeping my cursor over text every time or this browser refreshed its cache just in time before you reverted the changes, because my cursor is now doing it, though the favicon switched back.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, clearing the cache fixed the problem :)