Author Topic: RELEASE: "The Aftermath"  (Read 31506 times)

Offline CT27

Re: RELEASE: "The Aftermath"
It worked.  Thank you.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, the mission 5-6-Act 5; Act 5 mission 6. I have modified that one to include 2 prototype cruisers (I added 4 cruisers to the 7th BG). Just minor changes. On another note, I junked the 1-2-Act1 mission to make room for added missions. The Aftermath:Reboot will be ready for release as soon as I finish modifying and fixing the missions and adding the cb anims, intel anims, and loading screens.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
What difficulty were you playing on (I've noticed changing difficulty can change things occasionally)?

I played the mission again just now.  It happened like before.  When the pirate cruisers arrived shortly after the mission started they were able to use their capital beams (green).

Again, however, when allied capital ship reinforcements came in (Copernicus, Capella, Olympus, etc.) came in, they never fired beams (those kind of ships were supposed to have blue beams I believe).  Even if I directly ordered a reinforcement capship to attack an enemy capship it would only move in and attack with anti-fighter lasers (but never blue beams). 

I even targeted allied capships and was able to target their beam turrets (so they had them at least).

So enemy beams could fire, but those of the good guys couldn't.

To reply to an older post: The mission script I have here is the the previous release and I tested it again and yes they did not fire. Its strange because two years ago, it worked. It is only I found out that the frame rate of my old computer is slow and newer computers count things very fast. Those factors will surely affect the missions. So going to main problem, I discovered that when I place the SEXP to beam free the ship at the exact moment they are still warping in. the command will not effect.  I solved this by putting a delay in that command. Ex. when the ship's cue is at "time-elapse" 30,
the SEXP will be "If [ship] arrives-delay is true then beam free all [ship] delay 7 seconds" (the phrase is just an approximation but the idea is there). Or the putting the "has arrive-delay" SEXP as the trigger and chain it a second SEXP delaying it by 7 seconds to beam-free the ship.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:30:46 am by herkie423 »