Author Topic: Unable to jump out  (Read 1700 times)

Offline blacky7

It's me again :D  Still playing "crossing the styx" and I'm in a mission where I need to wait for 8 minutes for my jump drives to recharge while fighting endless wings of shivans. After 8 minutes have passed I get message "Jump to Gamma Draconis", but when I hit alt+j it says "engine failure. cannot engage warp drive".  There isn't any jump node showing on my radar, I tried searching for it, fighting shivans until I died but nothing, I just don't know how to pass this mission or is it a bug maybe?

I google and read forums for this topic but one has encountered something similar. Btw I tried to create fso log but every time I run game with debug, it crashed at startup so it doesn't create the log.... Can someone help me?

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Which mission is that exactly? Check the filename in the Tech Room.
Then i will look into that :)
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline blacky7

Last mission in mission simulator is "Scramble" CTS_06.FS2  which I have passed so the next mission which I have problem with must be CTS_07.FS2  :)

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
I played through this mission. I encountered no errors there.

There is a jump node, that should be visible straight ahead of you. Even it is only targetable if you are near enough.

You can only jump out within the Jump Node.

So there is the question, why this jump node is invisible for you?
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline blacky7

Yeah I thought that there must be a jump node somewhere, but who knows why I can't see it :S I will try to play a little more, there must be error somewhere with my game or mod....

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Well if you can not see it i could create a workaround so that you are able to find/target it nonetheless.

Well, seems to be another problem. I would like to know, if you can see Jump Nodes in missions, that take not place in a Nebula?

Offline blacky7

Yes, those nodes I see perfectly fine.

UPDATE:  I just went straight ahead and I found it after a while, it became visible on radar and visual when I came to the point of entering the node. Then it became a little more visible, but when I got just a further away from here I lost her on radar and on my visual.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Seems to be, that the Jump Node is rendered like any other ship in this mission.

But i am unable to reproduce this behaviour, regardless of the Flags unfortunately.

Offline blacky7

Well I can finally finish this mission. Thanks for your help :)

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
If you still need it, i still attached a workaround version. In this one i added a nav buoy in the center of the jump node, that is always targetable. So you can still play the mission by regular means without to hurry the straight line to the jump node.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline blacky7

Oh thank so much!! I can only say: