Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121258 times)

Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation

Turns out, it WAS my hosting site (hostedimage automatically converts it to JPG upon uploading). Here's a Tinypic hosted version. Thanks for pointing it out knn.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Oh man, this just keeps getting better and better!  May I suggest a brig/dungeon/torture chamber where we keep all the people who piss us off?  You know, Pat Robertson, George W. Bush, bschott, the usual suspects.  ;)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Cobra, you need to do something else with the emporer.  He's not on floor alignment in any way.  Put it on a floor level and we can pad it out with something up above in the duct works, but the red floor should be in the same place as whatever room lies on the other side.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Cobra: don't...help...You'll just make it look like crap...seeing as how to have no clue where to put the modules...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I'll fix it this time, as there is something else that got changed with my last edit that cobra missed.  Update in a minute.

EDIT: Here.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:33:52 pm by StratComm »

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Cobra: don't...help...You'll just make it look like crap...seeing as how to have no clue where to put the modules...

Little cruel, that.

Cobra, what he means is it's probably not a good idea to play with the exact layout just yet, because it tends to confuse people.  Most of the changes to that have just been in order to allow stuff to be added; we can't do aesthetic placement of any of the parts yet, because they're,er, not all done yet.  I think that should apply to most people, though; only modify the main image to suggest where a new addition you've made could/should/is intended to go, rather than just to play at reorganisation.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

screw you, it's not exactly official, you know. it's not like it's a matter of life or death. :rolleyes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Cobra, I did spend a fair amount of time actually putting those damned floor guides down, so the least you could have done was recognize the pattern that I was trying to establish.  There are areas where it's totally lost (around the hangers in particular), but that's not where any of the problems in your last update were.  Anyone doing a multistory piece in the future, please lay it out across multiple decks in the upper empty area first so that it will fit properly when it's inserted in its final location.  Still post it by itself for bandwidth constraints, but at least make sure it fits right before you post it.  Respect the ducts ;)

The black lines on the floor are the one directly below the carpet/floor of a module, but the upper black line is the actual start of the ductworks.  It breaks the 50 pixel height, but we've not held to that since like the second update.  All future decks will conform to the established pattern.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, that makes sense, but it's really hard to place the gigantic modules in those tiny fittings. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Okay, filled up a few white spots with piping, ducts, and power conduits, and I finished off Carl's "nest", complete with blood splatter and bones :D.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:15:47 pm by Mefustae »

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Don't know if anyone wants it, but I have a nice commissioning plaque here:

"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Grey Wolf

I had a "GTD Wolf Memorial" concept going, but I just couldn't get the sign to look right. Also, thought it'd be a bit too depressing.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
How about a Big C memorial somewhere then?

Offline Grey Wolf

As I said, memorials are too depressing for this. That, and the C was a squirt gun.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
What's so depressing about a solemn memorial to fallen comrades. Hell, we could add a bit of humour by having someone paint a little squirt-gun on a pedastal with a sign behind saying 'Big C Memorial' or whatever...

Offline Grey Wolf

I was thinking of putting the severely damaged GTD Wolf nameplate in the room, and that seemed a bit depressing.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Or you could put the real big C next to it:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 01:50:35 am by CP5670 »

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
What the **** is that? Christ, that thing is horrifying.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
it's one of the extras' on the Silent threat CD
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.