Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121251 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
oh there was a supernova, but the shivans were just making space crack :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey, what's with all this Derek Smart 'simulation' crap? My bit was a representation of what actually happened in an abstract way.

We never had a 'simulated' battle. :blah:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Hey, what's with all this Derek Smart 'simulation' crap? My bit was a representation of what actually happened in an abstract way.

Yes, but we need to run regular combat readiness drills.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html

That's why it hasn't been put in yet.  I was waiting to see what else (if anything) you wanted in it.  The only thing I was expecting to see was a coke machine reference, to be honest.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Cheers Strat, as I said back in the beginning I think everyone should try to alter other's work as little as possible. It gives you that feeling of 'I did this bit' and the time spent altering other's work could be better spent creating something of your own too.

Of course suggestions on how anyone's little bit can be improved are welcomed. :yes:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Well I'll admit to changing little things, but it's been entirely in buffering.  Changing the content is, in my opinion, a definite no-no on something like this.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Cheers Strat, as I said back in the beginning I think everyone should try to alter other's work as little as possible. It gives you that feeling of 'I did this bit' and the time spent altering other's work could be better spent creating something of your own too.

Tchnicly, i didn't alter a single pixel of your pic.. I juast pasted in in a larger pic and drew the sorroundings...

Oh, wait...ignore that. I actually did change a few pixels - added a few more troopers and a thicker floor...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
IMO the point here is not to detail HLP so much as to bung a little bit of ourselves into it..... so it'd be defeating the point to be cross-editing each others' work.

Omg, don't discuss! Produce more parts of the installation!  :D
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Finish up all the **** and when we run out of ideas, we can have one person go over it all and uniformalize it - make walls the same colour and add some fire extinguishers and ****; fill in the gaps, etc.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Tchnicly, i didn't alter a single pixel of your pic.. I juast pasted in in a larger pic and drew the sorroundings...

Oh, wait...ignore that. I actually did change a few pixels - added a few more troopers and a thicker floor...

That wasn't the point.  The problem was the altering of the theme by adding all that training simulator nonsense around the edges.  The idea here is to make distinct rooms or add to an existing theme, and building around someone elses room in a way that looks like it is part of said room isn't the way to go.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
whats happened is it has become less fun and more a headache. and so people stopped making stuff.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Common guy's, don't let this thread die!  :rolleyes:
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Yes, get the Shivan defibrillators!!  But seriously, if this is just too much of a headache anymore, I agree with an0n.  Just compile all the stuff together, add some walls, display a sort of finished product and we'll call it a thread for now.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
's not that it's a headache... it's that it's fun in the begining, but soon everyone and their brother joins in and, frankly, the quality level drops, and it's no longer interesting.

Happened with TAS, happened with the admin's little space battle a few years back, and it happened here.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That wasn't the point.  The problem was the altering of the theme by adding all that training simulator nonsense around the edges.  The idea here is to make distinct rooms or add to an existing theme, and building around someone elses room in a way that looks like it is part of said room isn't the way to go.

I added taht simulatro thing only becouse I got no responseon the idea that we put the DS pic in the installation as His Evilness attempt to invade from the lower decks :d

anyway, you can allways just remove the Holodeck and Simulation signs and put - lower docking levels or rear entrance or something else...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
's not that it's a headache... it's that it's fun in the begining, but soon everyone and their brother joins in and, frankly, the quality level drops, and it's no longer interesting.

Happened with TAS, happened with the admin's little space battle a few years back, and it happened here.
I agree with that interpretation.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
that sounds about right, this coffin is nailed

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Sarge

I still like the installation :D

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Sarge:

:welcome:

As for the rest of you, we have a general consensus I think.  So let's slap everything together as best as can be done, then lock this thing.