Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121260 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
There's no need to go jumping the gun and calling this dead.

Resurgences in interest happen periodically so someone may come along and add more to it.

If anyone wants to consolidate what's been put together in the meantime go ahead, like I said before we can always change it to add more later. :nod:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How can we add more to it when we don't have a clear overview of it?

combine what we do have, post it and then people will start to work to fill mising spaces.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
^
Exactly.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I liked the station more when it was in almost total chaos.  It is supposed to be a symbol of what the HLP community is, and that is disorder (in a positive way).  Somehow all the mods, bells, and whistles just come together, often in a way better than if someone orchestrates the entire thing.  I think we should revert the station back to its original chaos, and just let it grow as it wishes, much like the HLP community.  Return to the original pixel standard and try to keep to it, but if you have something so great it can't be kept to that standard, feel free to at least submit it, and someone can (make no promises) try to fit it in.  When you try to create too many standards, it kills creativity.  Creativity is the heart and soul of this community, exemplified by campaigns and mods, such as the SCP, Derelict, Inferno, Transcend, and many, many others.  If people were not free to create, then there would be no HLP.  The same should hold true for this station.  After all, we wouldn't want this station of HLP to die...would we?

Do not lock this forum.  As long as there are people willing to create, it should be open for all.  If we close ourselves to creativity now, we may never see the opportunities that arise down the road.

I say this because I feel this station is something which can further define HLP by its creativity. 

Maybe I am a radical, but this is what I feel.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Sarge

Well thanks for the good news guys for a second there I thought the hlp installation was dead :)
Here's my contribution to the station tell me if there's anything I need to fix or anything

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I liked the station more when it was in almost total chaos. It is supposed to be a symbol of what the HLP community is, and that is disorder (in a positive way). Somehow all the mods, bells, and whistles just come together, often in a way better than if someone orchestrates the entire thing. I think we should revert the station back to its original chaos, and just let it grow as it wishes, much like the HLP community. Return to the original pixel standard and try to keep to it, but if you have something so great it can't be kept to that standard, feel free to at least submit it, and someone can (make no promises) try to fit it in. When you try to create too many standards, it kills creativity. Creativity is the heart and soul of this community, exemplified by campaigns and mods, such as the SCP, Derelict, Inferno, Transcend, and many, many others. If people were not free to create, then there would be no HLP. The same should hold true for this station. After all, we wouldn't want this station of HLP to die...would we?

Yeah, I think the problems started when we tried to make this all neat and organized, having strict limits on the room sizes and so on. That defeats the whole point in my opinion. For what this is, a messy, jumbled up look is actually quite appropriate.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
I liked the station more when it was in almost total chaos.  It is supposed to be a symbol of what the HLP community is, and that is disorder (in a positive way).  Somehow all the mods, bells, and whistles just come together, often in a way better than if someone orchestrates the entire thing.  I think we should revert the station back to its original chaos, and just let it grow as it wishes, much like the HLP community.  Return to the original pixel standard and try to keep to it, but if you have something so great it can't be kept to that standard, feel free to at least submit it, and someone can (make no promises) try to fit it in.  When you try to create too many standards, it kills creativity.  Creativity is the heart and soul of this community, exemplified by campaigns and mods, such as the SCP, Derelict, Inferno, Transcend, and many, many others.  If people were not free to create, then there would be no HLP.  The same should hold true for this station.  After all, we wouldn't want this station of HLP to die...would we?

<Applauds heavily>  Someone give that man a medal.

Offline Niroth

• my friends upcoming MMORPG and my blog
heres my huge contribution  (updated)   and i hope you do this again!:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:19:23 pm by Niroth »
napalm is nature's toothpaste

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
You need to upload in png Niroth.

And welcome to HLP BTW. :nod:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Mmm, the forum ate the update.  Which gives me an idea.

To summarize, I've taken updating this as my responsibility at Maeglamor's request, and will post updates every couple of days (so long as new stuff is submitted).  If you've got a room that isn't there and your nick isn't Trashman, please remind me of it and I'll get it in.  If your nick is Trashman, your rooms are still welcome but you will have to reformat them to fit into the standard heights (45, 112, or 179 pixels tall) before I stick them in because your rooms are complex enough that simple wall padding will not work.  I will not adjust them myself because I've explicitly stated that I will not modify others' work unless it is both very minor and only involves buffer space.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:37:00 am by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Niroth

mine isnt in there and i hope my nick isnt trashman
just tell me if mine is too big cause i made it before you changed the station

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Which one was yours?  If I missed it, could you link to it again?

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Niroth

here it is again, ill post the link and the pic:       
http://vipershark2.250free.com/reactor.PNG

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Oh I didn't think that was done yet.  It will be in the next revision.

And whats about my embassy?  :nervous:
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline Niroth

are we aloud to do more than one room?
 :confused:

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Sure you are Niroth, just make sure it conforms to specs. I've already done three.

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Please put this somewhere. And a cookie to who can figue out what this is. ;7

The Last Metroid?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.

um...  it works for me.   :nervous:

EDIT:
Now now with guns and blood!

EDIT #2:
If A MOD was so kind would someone please fix my name and put a U instead of the A1/4 ?  I have NO IDEA how that got there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:58:44 pm by übermetroid »
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Another database glitch after the server maintainance. Should only be a short time before the Db is repaired so don't worry about it too much.