Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121258 times)

Offline Niroth

• my friends upcoming MMORPG and my blog
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
the yellow kirby throws bombs at enemies, even though the one he has is lit  :nervous: 
napalm is nature's toothpaste

Offline Grey Wolf

heres my second contribution
the kirby embassy!!!!

The Master Hand is more SSB than Kirby.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Niroth

same company and he was a boss in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
so he can fit in, besides who else would go there that people would know?

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
but I know what drives people to go bigger.
Derek Smart

Offline Raptor

Well, here's mine:

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raptorshlpi2gd.png

Not as good as some others, but If I do anymore it'll get too busy.

The blury sign at an angle says 'Under Construction'...

I used the 'standard' room from eariler as my basis.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
 :cool: The Hera! One of my favorites. And every good space station needs a velociraptor.  :D Very cool addition!

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Excellent job on the Hera dude. :nod:

Offline Raptor

:cool: The Hera! One of my favorites. And every good space station needs a velociraptor.  :D Very cool addition!

;) Of course.  But look at who else I added in... ;7

And the Hera is currently getting super greebbled.  It all started when I redid the forward beam cannon mounts (To make texturing easier), and realised the bow area was under detailed compared to the stern, and then... things kinda grew from there... (thumbnails to avoid hogging thread)

Where the panels come out are for escape pods, inward it's breaks in the armour for windows (not the windows themselves) and airlocks.

Still working on the area just before the engines (hence the big round thing... that's the dock point).  But I'm getting cold feet... is this too much? :nervous:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Do we need a
?

Offline Niroth

lol you should draw some terrans hanging on for dear life

Offline Raptor

Have some chairs flying into it, and parts being ripped from the floor/ceiling...

Remember, a Black Hole is black because the gravity is so intense not even light can escape...  ;) :p

That's the future.. I'm sure that they have stabilizers ;)
BTW: I can't draw that good... If you want things flying in it, then, i fear, YOU would have to draw that... Sorry...

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Or you could just do this with the letters (The two lines of slashes = one line of text):

\\\\\\\\\
/////////

So it looks like the text is getting pulled in. 
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hey Stratt, I've just been comparing my parts with teh latest station layout - guess what - they are basicly just a few pixels (from 2 to 10) short in height.
For crying out loud, if you just left the black background (or painted grey the few pixels above) it would look perfect.
You call that a big scale problem???? :wtf:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Niroth

who cares trash as long as we HAVE 1 :o

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Hey Stratt, I've just been comparing my parts with teh latest station layout - guess what - they are basicly just a few pixels (from 2 to 10) short in height.
For crying out loud, if you just left the black background (or painted grey the few pixels above) it would look perfect.
You call that a big scale problem???? :wtf:

I tried it, they didn't fit.  And it's not just the tops and bottoms, the floor levels are wrong too.  But if you're so determined to prove me wrong, take the image you're working with, crop it so that I can still see the floor guides, and post it up.  Then at least we can get on the same page as to why I have the stance I'm taking.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Floor levels? So any room that's as highs as 2 floors must have 2 floor levels?
Dang, that would make hangars suitable only for short craft...

And yes, I checked - it's no big problem as you claim it is..but seeing that you are lazy, I'll just add those few missing pixels myself...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
No, of course it doesn't actually have to have 2 floor levels.  My point was that if you're going to pretend to interface with the tiles beside you on those extra floors, they have to be roughly the same height, that's all.  At least one of your images had two distinct levels, even though one was partial, that just didn't work at all with the vents.  That said, I would fix them if you could demonstrate why you say it's such a minor thing.  And just cutting out the space you're working on and saving it as a new image would do that job just fine.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
here's one. thought it was appropriate.

Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
here's one. thought it was appropriate.

You need to make a trail of noobs running to get FS3 you know....
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."