Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121263 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation

Yeah, it's missing the ceiling, but it actually works out correctly.  If you refresh the image, it's in there now.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman

I decided to include the now derelict offices of LM, seeing as it was one of the few campaigns I ever did anything for ;)

Edit: Not sure if I'd say this is finishd, but it's close as it's gonna get.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Zounds.. you kicked out practicly al lthe rooms :D

b.t.. - thgat HLP shipyards really stands out..has lots of empty space anddoesn't even look like a shipyards..

Will someone re-do it?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
No offense stratt but you killed it. The chaos is a good thing man, makes it more intresting, livens it up shed-loads. Not a fan of the whole regimental deal going on here.

Saying that, i have sort out my throne room to your specs ...

Edit: come out a hella lot brighter in firefox, and the gradient behind the stairs has gone major funky!
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Aaaarrrgg! My Air-ducts/Power Conduits/Piping! My beautiful Air-ducts/Power Conduits/Piping!! Gone, all... well, mostly gone!! *sobs*

If you want a re-format, just go back to a previous version before everything went to hell. Then, we can just elect two to four people to add in cells and work on structuring as the rest of the community pumps out rooms and soforth.

Edit: Everything went structurally unsound after about page 12, so why don't we just revert to the structure your post on said page [Strat's] and have someone add in the cells from after that in a... uh... 'sanely manner'?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 08:24:31 pm by Mefustae »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
If I go back to before everything went to hell, all I'm left with is that tiny little corner where we started.  The 4th addition or so destroyed that.  The problems really started with the addition of the fighterbays, and nothing has really been right since.

And yes, I know ducts need work.  I had places to be, so I couldn't fill in the extra spaces.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
*edit* made it easyer to understand

seeing as most of the cells fit the 200x50 rule, lets stick with that. what about ductwork every 2 decks. standard decks 200*50, duct decks 200*30 (which leaves space for ducts and other conduits). fighterbays can take up to 3 decks and a duct and the same width as 2 standard cells (400*180). thats the max, you can pick any combination of vertical and/or horizontal cells so long as it meets those limits. having everyone leave margins gets kinda confusing. so instead keep the standard cell size but maintain an upper border of 4 pixel celing tile with a black border on top and bottom and red carpet (or other flooring) going all the way down to the bottom of the cell. you can optionally add vertical beems or doors on the sides of your cell, or you can just continue the panel tile. just be sure it matches with its neibors. also lets keep cells of width 400 between the outer bulkhead thats exposed to space and the elevator shafts, recerved for fighterbays. keep the standard cells between the elevator shafts, you can easily add columbs as needed. i liked the idea of keeping the center for reactors and other important stuff. reactors should fit in to the vertical pattern. for example 4 decks and a a duct or 2 ducts and 2 decks. also is there any way we can set this up as an html table? it would force size constraintsand should keep it fairly organized.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:01:42 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Fine, 45x200 without the black line at the bottom, and an extra vertical pixel in the ducts for the line at the top.  Makes no difference really.  The issue is that most of the art is not a multiple of 200x50.  An0n's is, and Trashman's is, but the rest of it fits better into the grid that I've superimposed.  And while I agree that ducts every second deck would be a viable option, there's already a lot of space optimized to work with the ducts.  A number is a number, after all, and the number of affected rooms comes down to less than 10 so the problem is really not so great.  I reworked some of the older rooms that didn't fit right (the generator, the two oldest hangers, the bar and the Nukemod room, to be specific) because I know there's no reason to redo them.  But all of these rooms that clearly did not fit into the structure when they were created should be fixed to mesh somewhere on the station without being just globbed onto the bottom.
Aaaarrrgg! My Air-ducts/Power Conduits/Piping! My beautiful Air-ducts/Power Conduits/Piping!! Gone, all... well, mostly gone!! *sobs*

If you want a re-format, just go back to a previous version before everything went to hell. Then, we can just elect two to four people to add in cells and work on structuring as the rest of the community pumps out rooms and soforth.

Edit: Everything went structurally unsound after about page 12, so why don't we just revert to the structure your post on said page [Strat's] and have someone add in the cells from after that in a... uh... 'sanely manner'?

And I'm going to get that back in eventually.  Just not yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:00:38 pm by StratComm »

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the cos fighterbay was sorta designed to fit in non standard space, merging into the duct at the bottom and ging up a dect another duct and another deck. which in theory should have been 160 pixels, but for some odd reason, it ended up 2 pixels bigger than that. probibly because the duct space wasnt really standaredized. the duct space in my original cell was actually something i measured off of an existing duct, 30 pixels in height. thinking about it ducts would be better off 22 pixels in height so that the crossmembers are 20 pixels across so that they match up at the ends with black lines across the top and bottom for an extra 2 pixels. on top of that you can have 2 grey lines and and a black for the floor border. so 25 pixels for ductwork rather than 30.. 

damn all this organization is mind tweaking it was more fun when we were just drawing stuff.

anyway im gonna redo the cos bay make it bigger so that it fits into the grid lines better. khonsu's fish and chips should be standard, and the nuke bay should be standard if you crop out the ducting above. the ducting may not fit the standard you established. you seemed to have managed to get the carl trap in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 11:40:30 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Fair enough. Every so often, I could take the whole image and whack in the ducts myself (the whole system was pretty much done by my anyway) as i've got a large number of different duct-types (ie. curves, dead-ends, exhaust) that I whipped up previously and have sitting seperately, and can just cut'n'paste 'em in with little to no effort in regards to resizing.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i dont know i think i liked it better when it was chaotic. too much order makes the whole scene kinda dull. and iirc, chaos is our way :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
No, it's better to keep the thing modular.

But do we want to have vents between every floor ? They will take up a whole lot of space without adding really much content.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
IMO it'd be enough if every floor had a vent on below OR above. That way we could put two floors together, then put a vent, then again two floors etc. Every floor would be in touch to a vent.

Or, we could just add some grille (not the cooking equipment) in walls to give an impression of the ventilation pipes running behind them or something.

Oh, and the MSPaint Sobek is still underway, been a little... busy... with school stuff. I'll update it in a few days.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This was supposed to fit into that nice little space on the left hand side of the elevator, floor floor, on the right hand side. It wouldn't fit anywhewre in the sanitized version as far as I can tell...

[EDIT] Added Saluting Guy.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:25:30 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im gonna just combine the cos bay with the nuke bay and add on to it to make it fit.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
instead of everyone say no this and no that, why dont we have a vote/poll ... chaos or modualar?

I myself am for chaos
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Someone run a couple of horizontal elevator shafts across the station. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
strat your grid doesnt make a ****ing bit of sence. you want to keep cells multiples of 200*50, but your grid says differently. and what the **** is the consensus on duct height? last 3 mornings the first thing i did was create a new cell, this morning im editing my old ones to make them "fit". this sucks!

what about we use this layout instead
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 01:14:47 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
We don't need ducts everywhere.

Think of them less as an air supply and more as a maintainence conduit.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

This is awesome, keep it up!
Here is my addition:

A guard station with a Vasudan in a holding cell.

*Note: I just copied the standardroom and filled it, so if it's wrong aspect ratio don't blame me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:14:52 pm by Overlord »
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!