Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91842 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
come on blaise. you know you wanna ;7
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Roki

Hey!
Just got to mission si/ seven the one after the subspace mission where you defended the station and the refugee governor, at the end of the mission i can't warp out GRRR its pissing me off took me a few trys to finish the mission now because of the bug i can't finish it how do i fix this. Do i just use the debuger in scp or is there anther way ?
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"

Offline DIO

Overall, I think this campaign is superb, but theres many mistery not answered.

What was that dead Vasudan transport in the asteroid fields?

What happened to corvette Ithaca?

Why Nyrathotep was drifting in subspace?

Where did MT get the Auriga?

Where did all those Shivan warships came from?
they can't just appear from nowhere.

What happened to 3 tranports that simply "vanished" that you rescued in 2nd SOC loop?
Why GTC Deus destroyed the remains of the convoy?

What was GTFf Enigma?
Why was it attacking GTVI forces?

What was the intention of Auriga's crew?
Where did she go?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
1. A derelict, and probably just that. Probably abandoned and nobody bothered to tell the authorities about it.

2. The corvette Ithaca was destroyed by the MYSTARY Faustus (which, if you check the mission in FRED, is actually the MTSC Impresari).

3. If the Nyarlathotep was the Lucifer that destroyed the Ancients, it probably served no use after it accomplished its mission and was sent into subspace to be useless for all eternity (since leaving it lying around would be very dangerous if it fell into the wrong, non-Shivan hands).

Who can really say how the Destroyers think and why they do the things that they do?

5. The Shivan ships were floating around, unused, in the far corners of Phi Eridani and perhaps the other Tau Sigma systems. The Nyarlathotep's distress call probably reactivated them and brought them back into active service.

The other questions will presumably be answered in Blackwater Operations.

Spoiler:
My own interpretation is that Morgan Technologies was nothing more than a front for a rogue element of GTVI who wanted to secede and create their own Tau Sigma empire. The loop was not a deviation from the plot, but a glimpse at the treachery soon to be exposed. Presumably the many shenanigans the rogue Intelligence faction is pulling during the loop are attempts to assist the Auriga - ambushing the beam inhibitor convoy and disappearing the survivors, stopping the GTVA AWACs ships from locating the Auriga... the Deus was probably really from GTVI High Command, though, and just cleaning up the scene of a delicate, sensitive situation.

That's my theory, though. I didn't make this or nothing, see, so I'm talking out of my goosepipe here.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Originally posted by Roki
Hey!
Just got to mission si/ seven the one after the subspace mission where you defended the station and the refugee governor, at the end of the mission i can't warp out GRRR its pissing me off took me a few trys to finish the mission now because of the bug i can't finish it how do i fix this. Do i just use the debuger in scp or is there anther way ?

Probably the debugger.

You're not using FSO 3.6 or anything, are you? That's the only reason I can think of that you're not being able to jump out, 'cause there was a bug that stopped you from jumping out on the Very Easy difficulty... might be something else, though.

Offline Anaz

The Marie Celest (that is its name...right?) was my favorite part of derelict. There it was...it kinda freaked me out...I was expecting something strange to happen, some shivans jumping out of no where or something, but absolutely nothing happened. Pure awesome.
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
er,

Spoiler:
there actually is a shivan warship jumping in right in front of you
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's not the same mission.

Offline Roki

yeah the very easy could be the bug cos i droped the diffculty down Keept getting killed by the beam turrets cheers will try it
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
? dude, you don't even get fired on in Marie Celeste.

Offline DIO

Does Blackwater Ops campaign has a connection with Derelict?

Offline Arraxis

• http://www.avidgamers.com/avp
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
*Smacks self in forehead*

Sorry, I was mistaken.  Since that is cruiser01x.pof, its Lighty's Leviathan remap model.  THAT model isn't included in the VP.  It should be a simple matter of: A ), extracting the HP Leviathan model into your MOD directory for this, B ), if your machine has difficulties with Hi-Poly, extract the ships table file from the Derelict VP and change the filename for the Leviathan from cruiser01x.pof back to cruiser01.pof, C ) if your machine has difficulties with Hi-Poly but you want to see a different ship design for the Leviathan, extract the ships table file and change cruiser01x.pof to cruiser01b.pof and extract the latter model file and textures from the Port into the Derelict mod directory.  That should solve your problem.

Later!

For the un-tech-savvy, how would you explain this?

I have no idea how to get cruiser01x.pof, how to view the inner workings of VP files, or even whether I installed the Nebulae correctly! (All nebula files in effects, except for stars.tbl, which goes no-where?) (BackG01.fs2 got over-written a few times in the cut-paste to effects. Is that normal?)

BTW, thanks for making a remake of Derelict. I played the original, and I couldn't get past the mission where the ship you were supposed to protect was transformed into an unshielded Ulysses.
If Command wanted your opinion they'd promote you to Admiral!

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
VPView

This lets you open up VP files and extract the contents elsewhere. As said, either extract cruiser01x.pof and the HTL-Levy textures to your models and maps data folders respectively, or extract the ships.tbl from the Derelict VP to the tables data folder and modify the entry for the Leviathan to use either cruiser01.pof or cruiser01b.pof (extracted to models from the FSPort VP; also the cruiser01 textures to maps), or extract the cruiser01b.pof (plus textures) from the FSPort into models and rename it to cruiser01x.pof.

Or just wait until I sort out the voiceacting and correct this terrible mistake what I made, although this is not advisable.

(And you installed the nebulae right. Table shouldn't be extracted, and I think the mission is a demonstration mission so it doesn't matter if it's overwritten.)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think the solution I give in this thread is a better one.

If I understand things correctly this problem only shows up if you haven't downloaded the high poly models vp. I don't think the correct solution to the problem is to then demand that everyone downloads the high poly leviathan regardless of whether they wanted it or not.

Editing the tables to use the FS2 Port Leviathan is better but I certainly wouldn't push that as a solution either.

The link I give has two files. Download them both. Unrar them both, stick them both in Freespace 2 folder and the problem is solved for all campaigns, not just STL.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Arraxis

I installed the Zpack and that made Derelict run fine, aside from a hiccup with the music, which was solved earlier in this thread. Thanks for your help, guys!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The zPack contains all the contents of mv_model.vp so basically it's the same solution. I tend to avoid reccomending the zpack cause it's a waste of bandwidth downloading it if you already have the others :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
why is zpack so big? i mean, it doesn't have voice files, and models are usually like 100+ KB.

[EDIT] CRAP! no i see why. NM.

Offline Arraxis

The Zpack is very worth the download, IMO. Everything is wrapped up in a neat package of one VP.

Of course, I may just be saying that because I have a fast connection and patience, so use your own judgement on what you want to download :D.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
already downloaded it :p

what's your connection?

Offline Arraxis

T1 :) What have you got?

Why is everyone looking at me like that? Are y... ARRRRGGHHHH *is killed by 56k'ers... slowly*