Author Topic: [Resolved]SCP seems to hate me  (Read 2312 times)

Offline TSU0999

[Resolved]SCP seems to hate me
I've been attempting to get Freespace 2 to run for quite some time.  I've installed the retail version through the disk downloads and the regular version works just fine; however, when I attempt to get the SCP version to run I get the problem I get this error:

Error: TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 6:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed the guide at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44511.0.html, but everytime I try to run the launcher with mediavps set in the MOD it launches to the Freespace SCP screen and then crashes and gives me the error above.  Any and all help to get this to work would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry if the question doesn't make sense, but I'm a bit tired.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:16:10 pm by TSU0999 »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: SCP seems to hate me
Make sure you remove ALL the 3.6.7 related mediavps and their patches and then leave only the 3.6.8zeta mediavps and their 710 patches into the mediavps directory.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:welcome:

Welcome to the Hard Light Production Facility. Current topside temperature is 3000 degrees centigrade. Take note of any rogue ships outside. If you are attacked by a Zephyr, grab a nail gun and blow it in half.  If attacked by a Spitfire, RUN!!! In case of an emergency, please allow the women, children, and Vasudans to leave first. Should you require weapons (nail guns aside), there is a flamethrower underneath your chair, but those are full of water, so I hope you brought your own stuff. If not, in case of attack, just run screaming at the enemy and hope something happens. In regards to the plasma rifles in the weapons lockers, only an Admin, :v:, God, or a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue may open them. If you decide to explore our wonderful ducts, you may encounter Carl, our resident Shivan. If you do, just give him your lunch and back away slowly. If he's hungry or mad......screw it, you're dead.  Thank you, and have a pleasant stay.

Offline TSU0999

I have no idea what versions I have of the files, but I have exactly what are seen in this screen cap

And I don't believe I ever had a 3.6.7 build, I believe I just started off with the 3.6.9 build files since I used Turey's installer.

For reference here's what's in my meadiavps folder

And thanks for the welcome
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:50:10 am by TSU0999 »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmm... If you have installed only the 368zeta mediavp you cant get that error. So what other mods have you installed? Either that or then there is something wrong with Turey's installer...

Search for *.tbm and *.vp files from the FreeSpace2 directory and also from its every subdirectory. Post the list of files that you find.

Offline TSU0999

Ok, well here's what I came up with in terms of *.vp files

And there are currently no *.tbm files

The only mod that I installed were the ones associated with Turey's installer, and even then I selected not to install most.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Whoa.  You have a lot of stuff.  From what it looks like, you have FS2 installed in two different places?  And you copied files straight off the cds at some point in time as well?  The one in your games directory seems to have way more than just the mediavps installed, and in fact it looks they're in both the mediavps folder and the main fs2 folder.  Whichever one you're attempting to use, the only vps in the main fs2 folder should look like the install you have in the Program Files\Freespace2 folder, and all the mediavps files should only be in the mediavps folder.  The install you have in the games folder  has a lot of stuff, I don't know whether you wanted it there or not, but I can tell you those are not part of the 3.6.8zeta set.  Things like befix and amodelspatch, that's the stuff that needs to be cleared out, if that's the location you're trying to run the game from.  If you tell the game to use the mediavps folder as a mod, it still uses all the vps in the main freespace2 directory.  So, even though the mediavps folder is clean, your main fs2 directory has a ton of stuff in it that shouldn't be, and needs to be cleared out.  The only ones you need are root, smarty, sparky, sparky_hi, stu, tango1, tango2, tango3, and warble.  You probably want the FS2 Ogg cutscenes in that directory, or in the mediavps folder, depending on if you want to keep retail functionality, and you should be safe with the multi mission and voice packs, but I'd remove those last three, and every other vp besides what I just said, and then see if it still crashes.  You almost never want to add vps to your root directory, unless you really know what you're doing.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hey, sometimes the animation=triggered can cause problems. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT FILES (important), and replace the equals signs (=) with colons (:). I'm not sure if this works, but it helped me fix this same error.

Offline TSU0999

I cleaned up my directories and the same thing keeps happening.  I really couldn't tell you why I had all those duplicates in the main directory.  And I have no idea why there are two Freespace 2 locations, but I deleted the one in Program Files as that one wasn't the current one. 

To Snail:  which files are you talking about modifying?  I have some idea of what I'm doing, but not a whole lot.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Do a search for *.tbl and *.tbm. You shouldn't have those anywhere in Data\ or MediaVPs\Data
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Wow.. lots of stuff

The animation=triggered is a known issue and is caused by using 3.6.7 mediavp patches with new SCP builds. There are several files that you do not need in your listings. IIRC mv_100patch.vp causes this.

So.. odd, old, or unnecessary files, which may cause errors or graphical issues (remove these):
Code: [Select]
mv_amodelspatch.vp
mv_amodelspatch2.vp
mv_befix.vp
mv_100patch.vp
mv_cell.vp

You should make sure that only the retail FreeSpace2 mediavps are in the main directory... So as your mediavp directory seemed ok, remove everything that starts with mp or mv from the C:\Games\FreeSpace2..

Offline TSU0999

Alright, thanks guys and especially to you Wanderer.  Finally got it working using the mediavps folder.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: [Resolved]SCP seems to hate me
That's what I said to do though.  Oh well, guess I didn't say it very clearly.  I said what to keep instead of what to get rid of.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TSU0999

Re: [Resolved]SCP seems to hate me
No you definately helped too chief, Wanderer just told me explicitly what to get rid of.  Once again thanks to everyone.