Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

Baru Cormorant Infiltration Station

<< < (28/28)

Grizzly:
I finished reading it! I think I need to read it again. I would have liked a glossary, actually, like a scribbled notebook similar to the lovely map. That's probably just me though, I couldn't read the book as often and as concentrated as I'd liked.

Spoiler:When Baru started chanting the little rhyme I dreaded something horrible was going to happen, well done that.
I had a few questions, and a lot of them are going to resolved in the next book, but there's a few things I was unclear on:
The Mbo society allows people to choose their own gender at a young age. Is there any leniency if they, after more sexual development has happened, decide that they mabye should be something else? Or does this never happen to begin with?
Cutting Tau-Indi from Trim: I get that the Cancrioth would rather remove themselves from Trim since, well, that would be even more destruction they'd leave in their wake if they didn't. But why cut Tau Indi from trim? Doesn't this do damage as Tau Indi is, above all else, a fundementally good person and Trim is lesser for his absence? What binds Tau Indi to the Cancrioth now, as they started off with doing something that to him is entirely horrible? Is cutting someone from Trim pernament?
I also particularely liked how the final chapters of the book made me question some of the fundementals I thought the baruverse was based on. Still couldn't sleep for hours after reading the ending too! Kept thinking about everything.

In short

It good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version