Author Topic: shadows and main weapon  (Read 2419 times)

shadows and main weapon
How do i enable the main beam weapon for the shadow vessels in fred_2?

I tried beam-free-all in the events editor, but it did seem to do anything.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Maybe it's just out of range.  That beam is devastating, BTW.

It does not seem to be a range related issue. I've flown close to the shadow vessel, but it did not fire.

Also, I can get the Minbari sharlin to fire it's main beam weapons without any problems

Offline Darius

I think the main beam targets capships only, might not work for targeting your fighter. Have you tried placing it near a larger ship?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Use Shadow AAA for targetting fighters.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Tried putting a narn g'quan near the shadowship and set the initial order for the shadowship to attack the g'quan. Still no weapons fired. The g'quan can fire fine.

Also, how do I enable the Shadow AAA?

Actually... AAA will fire both on fighters and caps... You set the Shadow AAA by selecting the shadow vessel in Fred, and in the ship editor aspect you can set it through the weapons load out options....

Got it working with the Shadow AAA. Thanks all for the help!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've already done a mission where the same problem occured...

a shadow bc pahses in and has to destroy a raider Olympus.... when I made it attack via initial orders, it approached an did not fire... I enabled "All ships beam-freed by default"

1. solution: I placed a waypoint path passing the Olympus and used the event "fire-beam" to ensure the ship becomes hit with the main beam....
2. solution: rotate (x) the bc a while until a so that it has to turn until it can fire....

hint: If you make them attack each other they'll just fly past each other 'caue the shadow has with it's orignial main gun just a very limited angle for firing (dunno why - came to this after a whole lot of experiments)

worked fine with my mission
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 09:48:58 am by 3121 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."