Author Topic: High Poly Leviathan  (Read 65809 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
hey nerds there's some pretty big changes here, some criticisms that aren't about how smooth it is would be nice
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
The big beam emitter and surrounding armor look good but I worry about gameplay impact. I.e. you've made it harder to hit from the sides and easier to hit from the front.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
hey nerds there's some pretty big changes here, some criticisms that aren't about how smooth it is would be nice
So those need not apply then? :p

(i keed)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well I always wondered what was that big round thing on the middle of the model.
I'd go for an internal spinny thing of some sort, that works as a gravity generator or something like that.

Probably hard to make it look like something functional without altering the model but...well maybe you can think about something to do on that area.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hades

Well I always wondered what was that big round thing on the middle of the model.
I'd go for an internal spinny thing of some sort, that works as a gravity generator or something like that.

Probably hard to make it look like something functional without altering the model but...well maybe you can think about something to do on that area.
I always assumed it was some sort of reactor vent or something. Either way, what's on the model now is an armor covering for that bit. It's meanted to look armored so I'm covering it up and I'm not going to be like Galemp and cover all of the details with armor plates and then leave the big glowy bit uncovered. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Now, whats this then?
I think this looks like the start of a textured ship?  :P

(I'll be around to collect your soul later hades.)
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
God that's the leviathan?

I'm really REALLY impressed.

I've always thought of the Levy/Fenris as the most ugly model in FS universe. Now I'm not so sure, I mean... I kinda like it now.
How can that be possible, is beyond my understanding.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Luis Dias

I've always thought of the Levy/Fenris as the most ugly model in FS universe. Now I'm not so sure, I mean... I kinda like it now.
How can that be possible, is beyond my understanding.

It's fairly easy to understand: you have bad taste. The Fenris / Leviathan were always beautiful ships, even more so after they've been HTL'd some years ago. Now they are even prettier.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So, what's the Fenris gonna look like?  ;)
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Very awesome Oddgrim.
I´m also "watching" your p3d-galery ;-)
I love your work und now you texture this beautyful ship from Hades. Thanks a lot man!  ;)

When will you texture Hades´ Orion?  :D :p

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
It's so beautiful that I feel like I could reach out and hold it with my hands. [/generic Oddgrim/Hades praise]
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Hades

oddgrim is cool

When will you texture Hades´ Orion?  :D :P
:nervous:
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Not sure how I feel about the look, to be honest.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I think it looks phenomenal. :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Kolgena

Damn. Makes the Fenris look like total turds in comparison :D

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks good. We're going to need a hi-poly Fenris of similar quality, if that one's gonna be for the Leviathan only.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Thanks for the feedback! c:

http://p3d.in/Ftl2s
Getting closer to the finishing , adding grime and normal lines. The plating around the upper tower is pretty much done, the fusion mortar underneath is redesigned to better fit the new fenris one. The Machine detail under the girders around the engines present a challenge, the retail texture that is used as reference is difficult to interpret. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:42:28 am by Oddgrim »
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Nice model, verrry nice textures.

PS: That's one mighty fine lookin' Pegasus in that library, Sir.