Author Topic: TF-13 Kvasir Advanced Superiority Fighter  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Re: TF-13 Kvasir Advanced Superiority Fighter
[00:58:05] <DarthGeek> it has........................................................ one path. And where the frak is it. It has no parent selected, and no points. wtf
[00:58:15] <DarthGeek> definitely a path issue
[00:58:20] <Hades> yeah, so totally not path related

So yeah. Just autogen paths in PCS2, I'll let you know if it works.

[EDIT]

"ai_find_path tring to find a path (5) that doesn't exist, on ship Alpha 1".

Hmmmm. I was hoping to get some Diff EQ studying done, but... duty calls. :P

[EDIT2] hmmm. It didn't save the paths. Wtf. frakking PCS2

[EDIT3] Paths saved, testing

[EDIT3.14] Yeah, works now. I'd upload the POF but srsly, it's just a matter of autogenerating the paths in PCS2. One warning- make sure that you click on something, like selecting another path or another control on the right side of PCS2, after autogenerating the paths. If you don't, they won't get saved for some reason. :/ that's PCS2 for ya
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:06:29 am by Shivan Hunter »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
 :wtf:

This is in BP? It doesn't look very UEF-ey, so I assume it must be for the GTVA?  ;7
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yep, it's called the Atalanta.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo

Surley, you could have found a more impressive title?

:P
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Surley, you could have found a more impressive title?

:P

Excuse me? Do you know any Greek mythology? Are you familiar with how Terran fighters in FreeSpace are generally named?

Your next post will be a qualifying exam to determine whether or not you're a clod.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:08:24 am by General Battuta »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Excuse me? Do you know any Greek mythology? Are you familiar with how Terran fighters in FreeSpace are generally named?

Your next post will be a qualifying exam to determine whether or not you're a clod.

Well naw, but GTF Atlanta does sound a little dull.

...However, I must admit that I can't seem to think of a pertinent Greek title at the moment to offer up as an alternate suggestion. I will note, however, that Norse titles have been canonically used in the case of the Loki - limiting yourself to Greek titles is not required.

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's not called the Atlanta.  Pay attention!

It's already named after a Greek hero, just like basically every other Terran fighter.

p.s. you're not a clod, you just need glasses!

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
The name works for me, but OTOH, I might expect a procession of people 'reporting' that you misspelled 'Atlanta'(though I could be being overly pessimistic). EDIT: As which just sort of happened. :lol:

I did think this ship had a sort of Raynor-ish style to it, and thus could fit in BP.

Admittedly, I had no idea what PCS2 was yesterday(I had tinkered with weapon points in ModelView a long time ago), but I'm having no luck getting it to do anything on either of my (admittedly low-ish end)computers without crashing. Technically, I can get it to save, and found the path autogen button, but the new paths don't seem to stick at all(the Path branch only shows the same path01 it had at the beginning), even before saving.

At the very least, I know I can wait for WiH and grab it out of there(though I'd also love to try consolidating the four 'wing' guns into a single bank).

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Again, PCS2 is weird sucks. It won't save the paths if you try to save the POF directly after generating paths. Click on something else, like another control or something, until you see those faint red blobs signifying path radii.

About the crashing- not sure what you can do there, as PCS2 is relatively stable for me. Again, it's probably a byproduct of the fact that PCS2 sucks.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Again, PCS2 is weird sucks. It won't save the paths if you try to save the POF directly after generating paths. Click on something else, like another control or something, until you see those faint red blobs signifying path radii.

About the crashing- not sure what you can do there, as PCS2 is relatively stable for me. Again, it's probably a byproduct of the fact that PCS2 sucks.
Autogenerating paths takes time.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Timerlane

Actually, from what I can tell, that is what seems to do it. I can't display gun missile/points, eye points, or docking points(or pretty much anything besides textures) without an error shutting the program down. From trying to open some other POFs, the fact that the Kvasir has no path points to display is probably the only reason I can even click on the Paths branch. Either I'm missing something really important, or...I don't know what.

EDIT: Haha!
Autogenerating paths takes time.
And you just gave me a sort of workaround(for the paths, anyway). I don't need to see the paths, I just need the program to put them in.

When I waited a while after doing the auto-gen(and had switched away to the Header branch), I noticed that selecting the Paths branch caused the program to crash. I noticed the same thing happens when I open a POF that already has valid paths, and click on the Paths branch.

A little while later, fridge logic kicks in(along with your comment), and I realized it did make the paths for me that time, and it did so without freezing. So I auto-gen'd, switched away to the Header branch, waited a bit, and then expanded the Paths branch(without 'selecting' it). Six paths are now listed. I have yet to try it out in-game, but as far as I can tell, that seems to have done the trick.

EDIT2: Actually, the Paths list doesn't update until after you save, but you get the gist of it.

EDIT3: Oddly enough, the R6 version has the 'blue_herc_glow_2' texture message in the FS2_Open.log, too; it just doesn't choose to completely choke on the issue and CTD like the the R8 version does.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:16:04 pm by Timerlane »

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
If you want to look at path data, it sounds like you might need to find a copy of PCS2 RC2A, the only version I've encountered that is stable when handling path and point data on low-end hardware.  If you want to try this, let me know and I'll upload it to mediafire or something similar. 

<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
...ok. I don't know what PCS2 version you guys have but mine's muuuuch more stable than that. Also, autogenerating paths (well, for something like that Kvasir that only has 6) does not take a long time. It took maybe 0.072 seconds when I just did it with the Kvasir.

My PCS2 version is "PCS 2.0.3 Stable (May 15 2008 17:42:39)" from the title bar, and it's worked fine for me. I was thinking about getting a newer version but if there's this much of an issue with stability I'm definitely sticking with what I have. I've never had a crash just by opening one of the controls/tabs/whatevers on the left pane- in fact I can't remember the last time PCS crashed for me.

:confused:

Offline Timerlane

I got the latest one off the sourgeforge site, which was 2.0.3 Stable(and the install filename matches your date). I did succeed in making the paths(F3 Ship Lab displays them, and support ships no longer rocket off sideways at 200m/s+), but obviously the ability to open and work with already-complete POFs would be better.
If you want to look at path data, it sounds like you might need to find a copy of PCS2 RC2A, the only version I've encountered that is stable when handling path and point data on low-end hardware.  If you want to try this, let me know and I'll upload it to mediafire or something similar. 
That would be appreciated. Thank you(and for making such a beautiful ship). :D

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
So it's better than the one that comes with the SCP download installer in the tools folder?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Not necessarily better, just more stable.  Something about drawing those glowing orbs in PCS2.0.3 causes a crash on crappy hardware. 

It's dangerous to open pofs alone! Take this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntjkjwmlnmn
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline Timerlane

Worked like a charm(with the DLL pack from the RC2 thread). Gunpoints, missile-points, docking points, paths, etc. all show up up fine, and not a crash in sight. :D Thanks again.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Sweet. 

Be careful of the inverted bounding box error.  When you save a pof from RC2A, the bounding box gets inverted, and this can cause strangeness in-game.  To fix it, open the pof in PCS 2.0.3 and go the "Data" dropdown menu.  Second item from the bottom is "Purge BSP Cache."  Click this, then resave the model and your bounding boxes will be a-ok.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
TY! That version works!  :yes:

Now forget I asked for it...

:nervous:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)