Author Topic: What's the size of the SSD for this mod?  (Read 18985 times)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
What's the size of the SSD for this mod?
will you even be able to make it 12K with all the nice detailing anyway? (i dont actually know cause im not a modeler :D)
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Size matters not. Only Polygons.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Originally posted by Sheepy
....does it really matter as long as it looks right?

If it isn't long enough, it won't look right. The command superstructure has to be the same size on both it and the Imperial Star Destroyer.  Take a close look at any of the 8 km SSDs you may have seen, they either have no ISDs around, or are out of proportion. The ones in games like XW:A are even missing engines!
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
*Drools* That is BIG.

Hey Alan. Welcome to the HLPBB.
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
I think its over 100 km :shaking: .
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
the 12 has my vote, big enough to look right and not so big that it will cause my half beat 5 year old computer to slowdown to a snails pace :p

First ssd I tried to convert was warped (all curvy when up close).. the one directly from XWA has bland textures and missing th engines)... a third one I found has slightly more contrast and the orange dots for all the engines... I got it to convet and put it in game to see how much I needed to scale it down and know what , it came out fine... But is 115km long, and 35km wide!

G.E. is right "size matters not, it's polygons." :nod:

I could leave it like this but dosen't look right around the ISD's... thanks to this thread I will downsize it to 18km... So it is reasonalbly in the ball park but is still BIG he he
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Originally posted by Star Dragon
First ssd I tried to convert was warped (all curvy when up close).. the one directly from XWA has bland textures and missing th engines)... a third one I found has slightly more contrast and the orange dots for all the engines... I got it to convet and put it in game to see how much I needed to scale it down and know what , it came out fine... But is 115km long, and 35km wide!

G.E. is right "size matters not, it's polygons." :nod:

I could leave it like this but dosen't look right around the ISD's... thanks to this thread I will downsize it to 18km... So it is reasonalbly in the ball park but is still BIG he he

GIVE ME A SCREENSHOT
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
a little bit demanding arnt we? :rolleyes:

Offline Peter

Originally posted by Sheepy
the 12 has my vote, big enough to look right and not so big that it will cause my half beat 5 year old computer to slowdown to a snails pace :p

Anyone that wants a 17km SSD, go and download the TD?? apocalypse its a 20KM ship and see what it does to your computer. It slows me down and i have a fast computer then think, Do I really want a ship this big if i can't play the level its in.

anyway just my way of looking at it

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
that would be why i said 12 not 20 :D

*looks* ..... hey your new here, has any one fried you yet?

Offline Peter

Not yet but someone will soon. *Runs*

Re: What's the size of the SSD for this mod?
The Executers Size was long time reason for many discussions. :(

The WEG-Roleplay-Book said 8 km. The Eye (by looking the movie) said many more. In X-Wing-Alliance the Executer was 5.5 km long, but these Game had limited Canon.^^
Starwars.com said 12.8 km, that was canon. Youre looking right. The offical Site changed this, because the highest canon is the movie. Now 19 km are canon.

But another question:
What is about the Superstardestroyer Eclipse? And the smaler Superstardestroyers? Will some of these be used in the mod?

Offline Gank

thread necrophylia at its worst.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Necrophilia is a crime in most places.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW