Author Topic: wanna help us??  (Read 37991 times)

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
i dont get what you mean, could you just give me a link?

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Pilot Of The US
I was thinking about what fighters for the Rebellion should be included (with the possible execption of  V, E & B Wings) & what they should be, and i came up with this:

SHIP  |-------|  ROLE

A-Wing =            Interceptor

X-Wing =            Space Superiority

Y-Wing =             Light/Medium Bomber

E-Wing =             Light Fighter (Interceptor?)

**"V-Wing = Light Fighter (Space Superiority? / Interceptor?)"**--------EXCLUDED

**"SnowSpeeder=   Heavy Fighter (Bomber?)"**--------------------------EXCLUDED

Z95 =                  Medium Fighter (Space Superiority?)

B-Wing =             Light/Medium Bomber

So what do ya think, and was that site, that a told you about in my last post, helpful? If you missed it, check it out right here

If i remember correctly, the Y-wing is the rebellion's heaviest bombers, a bit better than the TIE Bomber since it appears to be capable of heavier damage in fewer numbers vs lesser damage in mass numbers that is associated with the empire's vast number of small craft.
(i.e. Y-wing = more of heavy bomber, B-wing = more of striker bomber)
At least........that's what I think.....could be the other way around too....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Pilot Of The US
i dont get what you mean, could you just give me a link?

I see the confusion... there is no link the thr private forum, because it checks your user access and if you don't have permission, it doesn't even give you the ability to see it... at the very top of the page, below the logo and breadcrumb trail, you should see a box saying "[PRIVATE] Star Wars Mod"... click that... if it isn't there, the admins havent granted my request to have you given access...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I'm new to the attachment ability, but i'll give it a shot...

AHTW

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Ok, Maeglamor rectified said situation after noticing that the request had een ignored for 3 days, and thusly, you now have access...

and we had to paint him blue, and he is now a mexican robot

AHTW

Applying for the job of a tester here..... While I may not have a lot of knowledge about making mods and what, not, I do have vast expierience of getting them not to work, and to find little friendly bugs in them. I am also an SW fanatic..... And here is a list for you guys.

X-Wing - New Republic's main space sup. fighter.

E-Wing - New Republic's next gen space sup. fighter.

A-Wing - New Republic's interceptor.

Y-Wing - New Republic's reconnisance craft, also reduced to many backwater posts for and on the rare occasion, will be sortied as a light bomber.

Z95 Headhunter - New Republic's main training craft, also the favorite craft for pirate and mercinary groups.

K-Wing - New Republic's main bomber/gunship, heavy bomber if you will.

B-Wing - New Republic's strike/medium bomber, depending on the variant.

That is generally how those ships are regarded in the most current story arc of the SW universe (The New Jedi Order), and possibly the last...

Also, how will you set up fighter groups in the missions? Star Wars sets up fighter units differently than Freespace does.... For instance, in the FS universe sends most of their fighters out in wings of four craft, and in the SW universe, unless its recon duty, they sortie whole squadrons which consist of twelve craft a squadron, and six squadrons make up a wing.......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 11:58:58 pm by 1701 »
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Yay!, i've got internal access!!!!

Oh and to Dough with Fish, im trusting you with your judgement on the ship roles.

Thats how they are generally referred to in the NJO, and in the newest versions of the SW tech manuals and in the New Ultimate Guide to Starships and Vehicles.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well, ive thought of the Y-Wing as a light to meduim bomber, because in Darth_Maul's SW2FS1 conversion, he made the Y-Wing replace the Ursa bomber. However this may be because in SW their bombers have 3x the payload of a Ursa, therefor making the Y-Wing to have a light to heavy fighter role.

Wut do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 04:41:09 am by 1659 »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
O_o, there a SW mod for Operation Flashpoint ?? I thougth it was canceled.

Offline Mewgen1

Is this mod still looking for help?  I have some limited experience with creating and editing .tbl entries and files.  I would also be willing to contribute some time to testing.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Not much to test yet, mate. And I believe we're good with the tbling. Wait for the big guys to say somethin'.

Offline Nuclear1

What kind of FREDing is going? A full-story campaign, or just small mini-camps?

At any rate, I would like to volunteer as a story editor or mission scriptor (read: scriptor, not FRED, since I can't run FSO).

If you need the help, you can PM me. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'm afraid we need neither or those skills, sorry.
What we need are lots of modellers who are able to fully texture their jobs.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Nuclear1

Alright. 'Tis good. :)

Good luck with the project ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
what we REALLY would like to have, is someone willing and able to open some files we'll point him to, convert to 3ds with the tools we'll give him, bake the textures in MAX, lightwave or any other similar prog capable of baking textures, convert to truespace file and give it to us.

Offline Mewgen1

well, I havent ever actually done that before.  If, however, you point me to something that can show me how, im willing to learn.  Will Truespace 3.2 work for the texture baking?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Texture baking is not easy, especially with the high poly models we use. However, an unskilled, yet confident help is better than no help.

*leaves final answer for KARMA*
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mewgen1

Ok, if its very difficult to do then I probablyl lshould start smaller than this project, but my question remains:  where can i learn to do it.  I can always come back when Ive gotten some experience.

Offline Roanoke

I've ben playing with texture baking but could never get it to convert (procedural textures and all that) :doubt: