Author Topic: And Some More Eye Candy  (Read 15052 times)

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
And Some More Eye Candy
In case you wondered what the Starborn looked like...

;7
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Zap!
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
W33333rd. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Cool!

www.alexgrey.com

Try incorporating some of that in, too! :D

Zany!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Now THAT is a piece of cool work...

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
It's by a fractal artist named Jim Grieve.  All I did was color-shift it from the original pastels.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

So those things are piloting the enemy ships? Weird...

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
So those things are piloting the enemy ships? Weird...

Actually, Tin Can, there are Vasudans and humans piloting the enemy ships.  The Starborn are around 800 KM in diameter and somewhere between superheated gas and pure energy.  Take a look at the   Background History and the Starborn FAQ.

So then, are you flying as a starborn, a terran, or a vasudan in this campaign?

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
You're human, a pilot for the United Terran System (UTS) government.

That why I asked if you would be after the starborn or after the Vasudans who Earth cast out.

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Neither side is aware of the Starborn.  The only race in the galaxy that knows anything about the Starborn is the Shivan Groupmind and it took the Groupmind thousands of years to figure out that there was something strange going on.  But even the Groupmind doesn't know what the Starborn are doing and why they're doing it.

The Shivan Groupmind is trying to destroy the Starborn because it was bred into the Groupmind that any intruder into subspace had to be destroyed.  The Groupmind has no idea that it was the Starborn that created the Groupmind to keep subspace clean.  At the same time, the Starborn are unaware that the Groupmind is trying to destroy them, never imagining that their creation would turn on them - or even being able to discover that the Starborn exist.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 09:00:35 pm by 62 »

sw00t. well I already know the story, but you are not fighting the starborn in the campaign are you? do you get to see them at all?

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Hmmm...fighting the Starborn...the simple answer is that you're fighting stranded Vasudans and their human allies.  The more complex answer is that both sides are fighting against the SB and both sides are fighting for the SB - they just don't know it.  The SB have used their influence on both sides to create the situation in Sol.  For them, it's just a round of the Great Game.  For the humans and Vasudans, it's life and death.

As far as seeing them, I can tell you this without giving away any secrets:  You won't see a SB leading a charge of capships into battle.  That's not what they do.

Yeah, but I was wondering if you come into contact with any Starborn in the campaign whatsoever, from either fighters, capships, or whatever the case.

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
I'm not going to answer that one - we're getting into the secret stuff ;7

I can already tell they will be in the campaign. Its so obvious... :rolleyes:

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Is it? I guess time will tell. :D

Perhaps. For now, I need to get everyone's respect by making my huge-ass level and then posting it in the Campaign room to see if anyone likes it or not. Trust me, its HUGE, and its rather chatty too. Plus its a believable story-line if you know what I mean (I mean really, compared to some of the things I've seen?)