Author Topic: B-campaigns  (Read 5255 times)

Originally posted by Mongoose
Hey, I liked the Great War 2: Part 2 and the SOC campaign! :p  I don't understand why people are so against this "Battle of Endor" syndrome; of course you can't make a whole campaign out of it, but a mission or two like that is really fun to play in.  Even if you end up watching the events unfold more than participating in them, it's still a fun diversion.  I remember one part during GW2:P2 when a captured Sathanas, several Mjolnirs, and a Hecate and Hatshepsut with BFReds were all targeting the same Shivan ship at the same time.  That is the true definition of "owned."  True, the campaign was kind of cheesy and had a massive amount of huge capships/battles, but it was admittedly fun to play through.  Not every mission has to focus on "Alpha 1, the demigod," you know :p.

I totally agree. I love the screenshot!

However, large cap-ship battles don't have to be BoE or B-Campaigns, just to clarify that.

And yes, that is the TRUE DEFINITION OF OWNED. Pwned? Maybe. Owned, definate. :lol:

I like BoE Missions, but they must agree with the campaign and not that you have suddenly a BoE Mission.

The worst Campaign i played, was Vortex i don't like this Campaign
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Originally posted by Deepstar
I like BoE Missions, but they must agree with the campaign and not that you have suddenly a BoE Mission.

The worst Campaign i played, was Vortex i don't like this Campaign

Vortex? Never played it.

The worst campaign I ever played was Invasion.

SGW: P2 was cheesy and stupid, but it was entertaining, and above all (in a wierd way), creative.

Plus, it has the retro-n00b feel we all love to hate, and for some reason, love to play :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's funny that, as much as we say we hate the noob missions with tons of capital ships, these are the ones that are often the most enjoyable, in a simple way :).

Originally posted by Mongoose
It's funny that, as much as we say we hate the noob missions with tons of capital ships, these are the ones that are often the most enjoyable, in a simple way :).

So true.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 02:09:39 pm by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
Millennium :ick:

Eh? Never played that one. Guess i'll have to try it. :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Some really poor FS1 campaign (demo, really) with voice acting for the player.  i.e. it sounded like Duke-Nukem in space, and not in a good way.

The Jake Wars
Gateway
:ick:

(Those are the two outstanding ones when I think of campaigns that 'did not work as they should have.')

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...How about B-Missions? :p There're tons of them. Hell. I made one! :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Originally posted by Raa
...How about B-Missions? :p There're tons of them. Hell. I made one! :p

I dunno. Anyone play/make any B-missions they'd like to tell us about?

Offline Fergus

Millenium, ahhh yes I know that one.   Watch Colossus kill Sathanas.  Then watch Colossus kill another Sathanas (I wonder whats next?).  Thats right watch a Collosus kill a Sathanas.

By the way I am a n00b mission maker, but I have never made a mission with lots of cap-ships, or with any super ships.  Hmm maybe I'm just odd.  Perhaps it's gonna come screaming out of me soon.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Fergus

No wait I lie, I did do a test mission (no Sexp's or events) with a Colossus and added enemy cap-ships and bombers.  Sort of to test what would happen in that kind of engagments and how Alpha could get involved.

Millenium sucked big time. Most B-Campaigns are at least fun to play...but not this one. The Fred Academy should make its members play that campaign just to see what NOT to do.

P.S.

Welcome to the world of FREDing, Fergus! Do you have any missions up for download?

EDIT: Testing is a good idea. I made dozens of test missions just to find out what did what. Sometimes, test missions can evolve into stand-alone missions, too (rarely good missions, but if you're lucky, who knows).

Offline Kie99

Well I've made a mission called battletest which is available on the missions page of HLP, where you make 2 ships beat the crap out of each other using FRED without permanent circling.

If anyone's interested don't download the .zip one it doesn't work, download the .fs2 and .txt readme files separately
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Fergus

Originally posted by Blitzerland
P.S.

Welcome to the world of FREDing, Fergus! Do you have any missions up for download?

Yes, my retail campaing mission 4, and this mission.

Right Click and save target as

That one was my first.