Author Topic: Question  (Read 9785 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I already PM'ed KARMA about this, but i think i'll be quicker if i post this instead... :nervous:

anyway, i've recently acquired a full set of original Star Wars music straight from the movies, and i was wondering if you guys needed any SW music. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
...I honestly doubt, that you are the only one, who has the Star Wars scores...especially in THIS forum :D
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
at least i'm contributing my music to them. ;) :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
It's not "your" music...you're suggesting an illegal act here. The whole Star Wars mod thing is pretty dangerous anyway. LucasArts has forced many mod teams to close their projects. Check for past Quake mods :)
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
which is why hard light productions should stay secret from LucasArts. :nervous:

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Smack!![/b]

Bad Cobra. No. Bad. Sit. Stay.

Good boy.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The Star Wars music is copyrighted so we cannot use it. If we make 'star warsish' music using a program of any sort or play and record them on instruments, that's okay. But the way you offer is illegal.

Although we all know no-one will ever notice or complain about it, but this is the rule and we must accept and respect it. If something ever comes out from this project, it will be without any Star Wars music unless we find a 'golden' guy who knows everything how to make music.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
eh, figures. stupid copyrights... *grumble*

That doesn´t mean we can´t turn winamp on when we play :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
With that, a problem there is. Dynamic music, it will be not.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

When 900 years old you reach, be as dynamic you will not.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just a stupid question.

Where can i find all the database of XWA with the DSUCP ?
When saying database, I mean I could find all infos about a ship like Speed, Hull, Shield, Size, Weaponry, etc...

I found some years before the link but i lost it :/

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Posted request here instead of making a new thread. (move if needed)

More than a screnshot but less than a true trailer. FS2- The music video...

I'd like to ask permission to use the Old Skirmish Pack release for a 30 sec segment. Other mods will have a similar time chunk. IF this turns out ok, then I plan on making more and then will have a good grasp on how to make the Intro cutscene for ROBOTECH.

This first attempt is not for any particular project, it's just for fun, but since I want to post the result later (here on HLP) I'm asking for an ok first.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
Just a stupid question.

Where can i find all the database of XWA with the DSUCP ?
When saying database, I mean I could find all infos about a ship like Speed, Hull, Shield, Size, Weaponry, etc...

I found some years before the link but i lost it :/
iirc there is a simple text file in the xwa game directory with various stats. and anyway there should be many sites with the ship stats