Author Topic: Two pieces of interface art wanted  (Read 2903 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Two pieces of interface art wanted
Hey all!

I'[m looking for some help with interface art. Basically what I'd like is to have the background for the Pilot Select screen (the one you see when you first start the mod) and the background for the intel database changed. Nothing else needs to be changed, the buttons and borders are all fine, I'd just like to replace those backgrounds with my own image. The BP team did this, to give an example.

Replacing the background for all settings/selection screens would be great too, but I don't know how much work that is, so I'm only asking for a minimum of those two screens.

How complicated/intensive is this?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Re: Two pieces of interface art wanted
Thankfully, its not that hard.

Wow. 

OH WOW  :eek2: I never would have guessed that something like this was out there. Thanks so much!  :D

Oh hell, yes! I was looking for something like this, too!

Thanks a lot!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

The tool did not work for me.

I replaced the backgrounds in the backgrounds folder with pictures of my own, since that's all I wanted to change. Then I ran the program. The output that I was given was a bunch of 640x480 files, with wierd colors, that incompletely covered the screen. Buttons were also missing from the menus. I'm not sure how to describe this, except that the output was no good at all.

Did I miss something?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I last used this back in 2013 or 2014 or something, and I just remember it more or less 'just worked' for me. I'm not really feeling confident in trying to troubleshoot this with you.

If you want, you can send me your backgrounds and color preferences (in this thread or pm, whatever you want) and stuff, and I'll see if I can get it to work for you.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Thanks for offering to help me. Anytime you have the time and energy to get to this is fine. :) I've attached my backgrounds. What did you mean by color preferences?

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You can change what color the buttons/screens are outputted as in the config file. So you could easily change the whole interface to be beautifully pink if you'd want.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I used it few months ago to generate interface for Exile and it still works perfectly fine. If I remember correctly, Interface Templates uses HSV color model for so this may be useful for you.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s04u7xo7w21qiu4/Interface.rar
Basically the same interface that WoD has because thats what my config file was still set like. If you want something else just let me know.

also attached my config file, so you can try messing around with it yourself (the config file thats included by default is configured in a way to show off what you can do with it, not configured to produce a good result by itself)

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
Urutorahappī!!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Awesome! These look great, thanks a ton! So it must have been the default config file that was making things act up.