Author Topic: NuX-Wing  (Read 9197 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'm glad he nuked his HDD :D

Whoa ho ho, be careful there.  He might just decide to let it happen again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

The variable markings simply came from someone requesting the R2 unit be R2-D2, and therefore I figured I'd go with Luke's X-wing (Which was Red 5 in the original movie, and the original had individual markings for each fighter, from reds 1-5 (red 6+ were never shown)
Makes sense. What I was trying to say though was if the flight group color of the ship was red, a different colored astromech would probably look better because of the contrast in colors instead of say a red one on an X-wing with red markings for example.

Pffff, R-5s were totally overrated. Everybody knows that R-2s were the pinnacle of astromech technology, duh.
Maybe an R-7 could work, but that would probably be too much trouble.

Seriously though Brand, that is one hot X-Wing. Are you sure you didn't nuke your own HD for an excuse to start over?
Wedge flew with an R5, so they couldn't have been that bad, though R2s are more visually appealing.

That all depends on what brandx thinks. Do you consider losing your work a big mistake or a happy accident?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
R5 has a bigger flowerpot head and a better chance of absorbing a laser blast heading for the cockpit  :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Just got back from a trip, and holy crap, the X-wing is glorious.  That render to me is a dead ringer for the ANH special edition models, missing only a couple minor bumpy details and a little dirt.  It already looks better than impressive commercial stuff like the GameCube Rogue Leader version, IMO.  Lock S-foils in attack position.

Offline Narvi

I wonder how they're going to do the S-foil thing. FS2 really doesn't have many animated ships, after all.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Freespace 2 Open, however, does have support for animated ships  ;)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
To wit, the afterburner flaps on the high-poly Horus. Take a look if you haven't already.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
To wit, the afterburner flaps on the high-poly Horus. Take a look if you haven't already.

BWAH.

Must see.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...do what now?

*scurries off*

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Good reason to necro a thread, here's a variant texture I based off of a model that someone had painted this way.  You can see the original here: http://www.alfredsmind.ca/xwpg.htm

Anyways, without further ado,

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hey, this: http://www.alfredsmind.ca/advxwpg.html looks interesting.
It seems to be a creation of the website's author, but there are many different variants on Wookiepedia.
Would you be able to modify this model to create variants such as XJ-Wing or Stealth-X?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
I think I'll leave those for later, as we're not really focusing on the vong era, plus I'm not really a big fan of that particular redesign
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I like it. I think I'd like it more if the yellow had black checkerboard pattern, a la Wedges helmet, but it's very very nice.

Edit: And by Wedge, I mean Biggs.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well he had done most of Rogue Squadron at one point, but that work was eaten by a hard drive.  He may do those again sometime.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays