Author Topic: Exhibition Video?  (Read 1431 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I really think it would be an excellent idea to have a video that shows off many of the SCP's features and could be used for plain old FS pimpage.  If something like this were done it would be much easier to get the word out about the SCP and the game itself.  Sadly though, as of yet I haven't found any video appropriate for such a job.

So am I just going to get a "DO IT YOURSELF LAZY ASS" comment or is someone with a better pc going to FRAPS this, so it won't have crappy frame rates, if it sounds like a good idea?  :)
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Thanks!  :)

EDIT:  I'm thinking the link to the vid is dead, when I click it it takes me straight to the filefront mainpage.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:16:33 pm by Swantz »
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yeah, it was a good video, but it could have been longer.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Not... really. 5 minutes is about the ceiling for that kind of thing before it starts to get tedious.

Frankly, it would be extremely hard to top Rake's work. The man knows how to make a music video. The only reason anyone should make another one is to show off better graphics that aren't seen in Flail SCP.

And Swantz, scroll down to the bottom of the first page. There's a working link there.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Yep, Rake did excellent work with that video.
There are some minor beauty faults though, like the radio chatter that sometimes gets cut off mid sentence.
Also, the resolution could be bumped up, and it would be nice if  the first 5...10 secs was of a bit less intense action, IMO.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Well, does anyone have the video laying around on their hard drive?  It sure would be nice to get ahold of it.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Swantz, read RA's post.  There's a working link there.

Specifically: http://files.filefront.com/Flail_SCP/;5077061;;/fileinfo.html

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Thanks a bundle, didn't notice RA's post, I was leaving on a trip that day.  :)

Formerly known as Swantz