Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1  (Read 16365 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1
@Taylor. When editing the mission in FRED I noticed that Virgo wing had no initial orders. Instead Virgo 1 to 4 have been given initial ship orders to attack the enemy despite the fact that FRED warns that this is a very bad idea on saving the mission. Is that likely to be the cause of the problem you saw?
Could be.  The problem was that they are too far from the target and the AI code keeps messing with the goals which makes them basically just hang out until something to target comes into view.  I've thought that I had it nailed down a couple of times, but I hate messing with the AI code too much (debugging wise, it's hell) so I ended up just dropping it for the time being.  If I can work out these graphical corruption bugs (and the Y-crash bug) then I'll try to take another look at it before 3.6.9. 

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I had kinda related (i think.. that is AI behaviour with invidual or wing order were different) issue when i got ships with invidual orders to operate in different ways in different waves.. That is in first wave all enemies attacked. In all subsequent waves only one ship per wing attacked and others were just hanging around the shooter so that if the shooter was killed the next ship started firing and so on. When i switched from invidual orders (removed them all) to wing orders all the ships in the wing in all the waves attacked as they should have done all the time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You shouldn't be using individual orders for ships in wings anyway (Except via events). There's almost certainly a reason why FRED warns you about it even in retail. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]