Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 854706 times)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I look forward to seeing what you guys will come up with. :nod:

Oh I don't think you will be disappointed.  ;)
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Developer's :pimp:

R

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
My. God. That. Kismat!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Holy hell, that's tile mapped :jaw:. Less than a week after I post the non-UV mapped version to our internal work files and you come up with that. I'm impressed, I was going to say give me a week or so to attempt to get a proper UV map done but on our time schedule this looks pretty damn close to a fully textured version as anyone could hope for.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It's a nice model and all but frankly, the mappings pretty bad. There's far too much stretching going on and aside from that, the tiles aren't really well applied in general.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
It's a nice model and all but frankly, the mappings pretty bad. There's far too much stretching going on and aside from that, the tiles aren't really well applied in general.

The ideal solution as discussed many times on the Internal is to have every capship UVmapped.  And our answer will be the same: we don't have the luxury of time at the moment.  As for the tilemap, I'll fix the stretched areas the best I can, but there is only so much I can do w/ retail maps.  And to be honest, I think it'll do just fine for our current purposes.

R

Offline Hades

The ideal solution as discussed many times on the Internal is to have every capship UVmapped.  And our answer will be the same: we don't have the luxury of time at the moment.  As for the tilemap, I'll fix the stretched areas the best I can, but there is only so much I can do w/ retail maps.  And to be honest, I think it'll do just fine for our current purposes.

R
It's not so much that it's tilemapped, just that it's not tilemapped too well. Take the Hatshepsut or Rakshasa, the tiles aren't just plopped onto the model, they're positioned and adjusted fairly carefully, which looks great. This looks more like the Ravana, where tiles are just slapped onto the model without any sort of fine tuning.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:01:15 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Wait... Have you just said that the Rakshasa is well tileraped, or badly tileraped ? Your post is confusing.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Hades

Wait... Have you just said that the Rakshasa is well tileraped, or badly tileraped ? Your post is confusing.
****, I'm tired. I meant the Ravana instead of the Rakshasa.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
New Yama

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Aside from the low poliness on the front (last pic) the model looks really good :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That looks like the result of a night of love between a Ravana and a Rakshasa.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
That looks like the result of a night of love between a Ravana and a Rakshasa.

What I wanted to say. It's a Ravana Rakshasa thingy! A lovely one! ;)
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Its a Rakvana.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Ravana MK II.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Hooray, an asymmetrical warship. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That looks beautiful.

Awesome indeed. The lack of (good) Shivan ships to use seems to finally end thanks to Inferno ;)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell